3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad shooters around Woodstock NY .  (Read 757 times)

Offline bsigal

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad shooters around Woodstock NY .
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2009, 10:55:00 AM »
Brian,

Good hearing from you, and I hope to see you tomorrow.

Flip a double headed coin, if it comes up heads you shoot, if it lands on edge, do the floors.

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 05:27:00 PM »
My son and I plan on getting there about 9:30,guys.Ben,I'll let you shoot the Widow if I can try the Bob Lee...deal?    :saywhat:

Offline reecool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 06:21:00 PM »
It will be great to shoot again with you and your son Jeff , Brian hope to see you tomorrow too , and who ever wants to join us !..
This morning i got more blocks and will try to set them up for the next week-end and it will be 28 blocks to shoot now .
Ben be ready , don't forget your bow and boots !... yes i know i'm a pain in the ***  LOL .
 Don't forget you are all welcome !... just a little PM before to Ben or me .
 Eric

Offline bsigal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2009, 07:01:00 PM »
Jeff, no problem for you to shoot the Bob Lee, I offered that oppertunity to you last week.

It'll be there tomorrow morning.  See you then.

Eric, yes, you are a big pain in the a**.  But we love ya anyway.

Offline reecool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 07:10:00 PM »
Just coming back from the club , now it's a full 28 blocks course , we have now !... Tomorrow after work , i will try the 14 fresh , never shot blocks ( they looks good !...) and who wants to join me he's welcome we can meet at the club at 4.30 or this coming week end Saturday , Sunday , whenever you want  , just let Ben or me know .
Hope to see meet more Trad shooters from Trad Gang and let's have fun !....
 Eric .

Offline bsigal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 07:11:00 AM »
Eric,

I thought that you were going to wait to put them out until Saturday.  How did you do on the second half?  I hope that you limited the distance to no more than 25 yards on the second half.  Those 40 to fifty yard targets on the first half were a little too much.

See you Saturday,

Ben

Offline bsigal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2009, 08:53:00 AM »
Is anyone coming on the 28th?

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2009, 08:16:00 AM »
There is a 3d shoot in Woodstock this Sunday. I just wanted to see if my new trad friends are going. Looks like we can make it. Hope to see you all there.
Brian
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline reecool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2009, 06:41:00 PM »
Hello Brian , i'll be there Sunday it will be just the half of the course open , we have to share with poles smoker shooters ( April  19 th will be the full course open and 28 blocks who need to get shot ) .
 If you can't make it on sunday , come and join me saturday morning around 9.30 and let's practice  ( i need it but love it !.... ) .
See you soon and take care ,
 Eric .

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2009, 02:25:00 AM »
Eric, I just saw this post. Just to let you know that was a blast shooting the blocks. Like Jeff said it was a nice surprise. I hope it catches on up there. I'd like to make more shoots but I work weekends. It was good shooting with you and thanks for saving Molly from the Dog control officer. She still a little shaken from that. Hope to see you soon and good luck with the course. Tucker

Offline sweet old bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2009, 05:48:00 AM »
what are the blocks and were do you buy them ? do you shoot them with blunts ??? and were is the club located at...and will you post your coming shoots ? would like to try it. How far away do you shoot at the blocks ? under 25 yards ??? I am in central NY near Oneonta Ny...can not find a local trad shooter in the area....I am a poor shot but love the sport ( 68 years young )
you should see how I use to shoot
Sand dune archers Myrtle beach SC
Senior archers of Oneonta NY

Offline reecool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2009, 06:56:00 AM »
Tucker , great to see that you and Molly doing fine , wish we could could shoot more often together . Our dog control officer is a great guy but get a little weirdo when we have companion dog and lot of peoples ! ... Glad to see that's not my dog Shime who traumatize Molly !.... LOL .
Just let me know if one day you have time to pop some blocks , will be happy to shoot with you again .
 Sincerely ,
 Eric .

Offline reecool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2009, 07:12:00 AM »
Bill , i will post you more info about our Blocks shooting later , time for me to make some noise and wood dust !...
 Get back to you later , take care ,
 Eric .

Offline reecool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2009, 06:05:00 PM »
Hello Bill , the blocks are pieces of closed cell foam cut to 5"x5" or 8"x10" , found some pieces of foam at the Foam Factory.com , they sell it like archery target on their web site , and painted a black dot on it . The distances where we shoot them it depend the mood !... set them up from 15 to 40 yards , they are seated on a wood posts , the game is to drop them ( with Judo points or blunts ) but some are challenging to shoot , in the woods there are a lot of trees ( I did my first Muzzy Shoot last summer , That's a challenging shoot ) and you can shoot them where ever you want .
You are welcome to join us as guest Saturday , Sunday between scheduled shot ( just PM Ben or me ) or shooting a 3D organized by the club and shoot the blocks in the same time . I will be happy to shoot with you , my Firebird would like to meet a brother !...
 Those are the infos about the club  www.highwoodssc.com  , we are not a only Trad club , 25 or 30 years ago they used to have a lot of Trad shooters and very good ones , for what i heard .
 See you soon and take care ,
 Eric .

Offline StickBowManMI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2009, 06:15:00 PM »
I used to shoot at Highwoods on their 3D shoots prior to moving to Michigan. They had quite a number of good traditional shooters. Is Fred Gentile still shooting? If so tell him that Tom Gargan says hello. Fred bought a Hoyt Recurve from me some years ago. Great group of people!

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2009, 06:36:00 PM »
Yes StickBowManMI,Fred still shoots there now and then...shot with him there about a month ago at the annual Game Dinner.He's a character!
Eric,I might try and make it up in the morning but Tyler won't make it...he sprained his ankle.

Offline reecool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2009, 06:43:00 PM »
Hello Tom , i had the chance to shoot twice with Fred and still a good shooter , it's getting hard for him to shoot the full course but good time to be with him . Will give him the hello for you this coming week end if i see him . When you shot at Highwoods have you shoot with Jerry Withcomb ?.
 Ttake care ,
 Eric .

Offline bsigal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2009, 06:41:00 AM »
Brian,

Sorry to hear about Tyler's ankle and we missed you you on Sunday.  Hope to see you soon or on the 19th for the 3d shoot.  It'll be a full 28 target trophy shoot.

See you whenever, Ben

Offline StickBowManMI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2009, 12:57:00 AM »
Eric:

I may have shot with Jerry but I don't remember the name. I do remember that Fred was quite a good shot as well as being a real nice guy. Everyone that I met at Highwoods was nice. Do you still have the Wild Game Dinner that the whole community comes out to attend?

Tom

Offline reecool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2009, 07:12:00 AM »
Hello Tom , the club is still doing the Wild Game Dinner .That's the reason , i set up those blocks when the president told me , there will be lot of Trad shooters for the dinner and he was right !... My big surprise was to meet and shoot with Jeff and Tucker Trad Gang members for the dinner after that decided to share those blocks with Trad Gang peoples around the club .  I didn't had the chance to see Fred last week end but didn't forget about you ! May be do you remember John Rosa , for what i understand used to be one of a great shooter in NY state ?.
 Take care ,
 Eric .

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©