3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ground blind Questions  (Read 276 times)

Offline Arraflinger

• Trad Bowhunter
Ground blind Questions
« on: March 14, 2009, 11:52:00 PM »
After 45 years of bowhunting from treestands and occasionally stillhunting, I am thinking about purchasing a Double Bull Dark Horse Recurve blind , mainly for turkeys but also would like to use it for whitetails. I am hunting in an area that does NOT permit me to leave the blind set up
        I'm not concerned too much about turkeys as they will approach almost anything providing it doesn't move, but what about deer?? Will they readily approach a blind that has been in place for only an hour or two? I know there's alot more to contend with on the ground , scent especially. I would appreciate some feedback on experiences from newly erected blinds
            Thanks, Wayne
A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one,you won't be needing one again

Offline O.L. Adcock

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ground blind Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 12:16:00 AM »
Wayne, I've taken whitetails from ground blinds in the first hours of setting them up. They are a tool like a tree stand and must be used in the right places for the right reasons. I've had good luck setting them up in a way the deer can't really see them till it's too late. Then mostly they'll alert to it as being out of place but many won't panick from it. I've had them spot the blinds from 100+ yards and keep an alert eyeball on it while feeding till they are 15 yards away..Still keeping an eyeball on it!  :)  Different areas are different in how they'll react also. I've found them very handy to use them in places deer travel but no trees around, like brushy fence rows down the middle of open fields. Just one more tool in the tool box...O.L.
---Six NAA/FITA National and World flight records.----

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 12:41:00 AM »
If you want a quick set up and take down, you can't beat the Hidden Hunter blinds,...and they're made in the USA. The first blind in the video is the 5 X 5 gun blind, you'll want the 6 X 6 bow blind.

http://www.hiddenhunterblinds.com/hiddenhunter.html

http://www.shrewbows.com/hiddenhunterblinds/index.html
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 08:07:00 AM »
I have Double Bull but these others look easier then DB. I've shoot a number of animals out of blinds.  The key is brush them in. Deer are spoked if you don't. If you back them into a bush or up to stone or trees just brush it up and they work great.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 08:39:00 AM »
I second Ron's endorsement of the Hidden Hunter blind. I have used ALL of the pop ups available, and the HH is easier to put up, easier to take down (waaaaay important in the dark when it's 3 degress out), of superb quality, very fairly priced, AND MADE IN AMERICA!!!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©