3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Mike Mitten's wife passes  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Mike Mitten's wife passes
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2009, 02:38:00 PM »
Email sent!

Sooooo sad
F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline IronJohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2009, 02:38:00 PM »
Our prayers and comfort from my family to yours. God bless you Mike.........IJ
Fedora Bows, Easton Arrows, BigJim Quivers & Bear Razorheads!

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »
Prayer being sent to our Heavenly Father for the Mitten Family.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline sunny hill archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »
Ditto....
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Offline rabbitman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2009, 02:54:00 PM »
Condolences Mike...prayers to you and your family.

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »
Mike...May HIS will continue in your lives. In His GRIP   :pray:

Offline Drumstick63

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2009, 03:06:00 PM »
Mike...I am so sorry for your loss.  Prayers sent for you and your family.  May God give you His peace, the peace that passes all understanding.

Mark

Offline jmc334

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2009, 03:11:00 PM »
Mike, my sympathies to you and your family. She is no longer in pain and this should be comforting to you in some way.

John

Online Ybuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2009, 03:12:00 PM »
So very sorry for your loss. May God Bless you and your family.
Steve.

Offline Focusource

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2009, 03:12:00 PM »
My condolences to your family, as well.

Jeff
TradTech Pinnacle II riser, 50# BlackMax limbs

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »
Mike, I'm sorry for your loss, our prayers will be for you & your family. Frank
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2009, 03:18:00 PM »
My thoughts and prayers to you and yours. Sorry to hear of your loss Mike. My family has lost loved ones to cancer and still others are battling it. My deepest sympathies.
Mike Gerad  owlbait
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »
Thank all again, and lets make St. Judes Auction a success this year, even in poor ecconomic times. I would like to leave you with a quote from the "Return to Blanco Canyon" chapter in my book:
           "A hunter can control very little in the natural world. I did not feel helpless, but nonetheless still sought to manage my emotions and come to terms with the undesirable outcome I was dealt. With no one there to discuss what just happened to me that morning, I walked the twenty yards to the bull’s bed and lay my hand on the compressed soil to feel his warmth. His odor hung heavy in the air and I drew it in my nose to further connect with the beast that narrowly escaped my draw. Sitting against an aspen tree, I stretched my legs across the elk’s bed and just let my mind drift with thoughts other than elk.
         I wondered what my wife and kids were doing, I hoped all was going smoothly at home in my absence. I am truly blessed to have an understanding family that accepts my life’s passion for the hunt. My wife Paula understood my love for the outdoors long before we married, and she has never tried to change me. I would not be able to tromp around the wilderness for two or three weeks at a time without a love based on mutual trust. Some of her friends would ask her, referring to me, “Why do you let Mike go on all those hunting trips while you have to stay home with the kids?” Paula took great pride in her reply, “Mike can come and go as he wishes. His joy is my joy. We have uncompromising trust. I get to go on vacations with my sisters in Florida or Texas and I don’t worry at all about Mike taking care of the kids while I’m gone. Don’t get me wrong, we do miss each other while we're apart, but that just makes us appreciate each other that much more. Giving someone a gift makes the giver feel good as well. I feel great about giving Mike a gift of time to hunt. I only ask that he brings me back something; and he usually does. I feel sorry for other couples that don’t have the kind of love and relationship that we have.” Marriages bent on forced changes, control, and guilt usually don’t last long.  It’s quiet times of reflection that I crave..." Mike

Offline TNstickn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2009, 03:36:00 PM »
:pray:
Pick a spot.>>>>-------> Shoot straight.

Offline Trad Lad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2009, 03:40:00 PM »
Mike,
We have never met but I have seen you many times at Kalamazoo and have all you've done except your new book, but I wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss.
Your comment from the new book above, has really hit home to me. I have the same situation and didn't even realize it. Thank you for opening my eyes to the blessing I have at home.
Thank you and our prayers are with you.
Richard
Richard "Pip" Pippenger

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2009, 03:40:00 PM »
Prayers up for the Mitten family.  Most of us that have read the book and this thread will probably be more patient and give and extra hug or two having been inspired by your story.
God speed.

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2009, 03:45:00 PM »
I hear you mike. Deb (my wife) and I are quite similar. I went to OZ for 7 weeks 2 years ago. She knew I wanted to go for years and finally I made the time to go. I worked a few odd jobs to pay for it all and I went. I missed her and she missed me, but with e-mail and Skype we kept in touch. Not once did she need to worry about infidelity or anything...just couldn't do that to her anyway.

I worried about her being at home alone, but I have great friends that invited her for dinners and lunches and checked in on her in my absence.

I take extended trips on my bike and she never complains either.

Then when she wanted to go with her friends and she went....took her a bit and lots of encouragement from me too but she finally went. She had a great time and plans more of them now.

We go places together too don't get me wrong, but she knows I like to experience ppl and places (she is kind of a loner and doesn't like lots of ppl around).

I have changed a bit I guess, but it's never been because she wanted or expressed the change or needed it to happen.

I don't understand the ppl that would ask that of her anyway. What business is it of theirs.  

We have a great marriage. Went out for 5 months and married after the 8th month, have 3 wonderful kids and been married going on 28 years.

We have had some rough times (money related mostly), but who hasn't but we were never going to give up trying this together. I am glad you had a wife that was so understanding and that she had a husband that was too. You see we can't please everyone and if you really think about it...Most people don't really care about us that much anyway..sure our REAL friends do...so why do so many ppl worry about what other ppl think.

You are blessed and have been blessed and you are blessing other ppl with your way of life....

Jer Bear of the frozen north.

Offline Fritz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »
You and your family are in my prayers. May God's peace keep you.
God is good, all the time!!!

Offline Smallwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2009, 04:22:00 PM »
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Mike.

Offline Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2009, 04:22:00 PM »
No words can express the loss of a life partner.

Prayers and Peace to the Mitten family

:pray:
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©