3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Just got back from scouting in IL ..............  (Read 244 times)

Offline hawgslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
Just got back from scouting in IL ..............
« on: March 15, 2009, 05:38:00 PM »
:campfire:  
The scouting trip to MORGAN COUNTY, Jacksonville IL was GREAT!!!!!! Weather was great both days for scouting. 40 acres of the toughest hardwoods that I've hunted in awhile. Cabin, that I now have a key for, has everything you wood need for the hunting trip. It's brand new. The land is thick woods, 3 ravines, one pretty deep and a creek. The owner has corn on one side and soybeans on the other side of the property that he share crops.
The owner doesn't hunt and doesn't let any else hunt the land. This guy is great friends with my son who lives down there and when my son told him how much I would like this place I got the word to come down and check it out. I met the owner and it was like we had been knowing each other all are lives. He gave me a key and said any time. Just come down and hunt. Before I forget to mention. I didn't do to much scouting because the deer were eating the grass in the front yard. After dark we went out on the deck and the yotes starting howling all around us.
The week end was great!!!!!!!!!!!

Seen 5 deer. 2 were huge. The owner said it might of been the huge bucks he had been seeing all year. COME ON OCT 1st.
HAWGSLAYER

07 BOB LEE HUNTER 49#'S
09 MARTIN 48#'s
CVA ACCURA 50 CAL.
BL/STAINLESS
SEMPER FI

Keep your feathers dry and your nose in the wind and become the predator that we really are.

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Just got back from scouting in IL ..............
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 07:09:00 PM »
Congrats on the new hunting spot..where are the pics  :)
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 07:14:00 PM »
Congrats on finding a great hunting spot.  I hunt north of Jacksonville.  We should meet for lunch some day.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline hawgslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »
:campfire:  

We should keep that in mind when the season starts. Sounds like a good idea.
HAWGSLAYER

07 BOB LEE HUNTER 49#'S
09 MARTIN 48#'s
CVA ACCURA 50 CAL.
BL/STAINLESS
SEMPER FI

Keep your feathers dry and your nose in the wind and become the predator that we really are.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©