3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Adventures of 'Hope' and 'Faith'  (Read 40727 times)

Offline yleecoyote23

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Adventures of 'Hope' and 'Faith'
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2006, 04:56:00 PM »
Good Luck BenBow!!! Ol' Faith will treat ya right!!! And be sure and send Vermonster13 a little something for the medicine bag when you are done with her!!
In the beautiful Davis Mountains and lovin' every minute - Danny

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2006, 06:12:00 PM »

My schedule is so full I didn't think I could get out but my wife's sister  has been here for a few days. I had to get out for some peace & quiet. I drove out to the west mesa to do some cactus shooting and ended up doing some small game hunting. All game was shot under 17 1/3 yards.
First one was a perfect double lung shot and he dropped right where he stood. Not quite book but nice just the same. The second was another double lung shot which I thought was pretty good considering the shot angle. I think this is a young one so should be good eating

First kill.

Second kill

Feeling much better now!

But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2006, 07:35:00 PM »
BenBow, you rock  :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:  ...Van
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2006, 12:25:00 PM »
BenBow, glad to see your getting out with Faith a little, but I can't wait till you ship her back out!  :)

The deer are scouted, broadheads are sharpened, and I'm chompin' at the bit to introduce her to some Maryland whitetails! WOO HOOO  :)
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2006, 08:01:00 PM »
bbassi if you don't mind I will ship her to you early. I'm not going to get out anytime soon so you just as well put her to good use.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2006, 11:39:00 AM »
Mind? HECK NO I don't mind! But don't send her until you have to if there is any chance of you getting out again before the 15th. I don't want to denigh you your time with it. My hunt isn't going to start until the 19th or 20th. Well, I guess I could shoot some squirells with it until then....  :)

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2006, 08:47:00 PM »
Big suprise when I came home for lunch today, UPS met me with Hope at my front door.  I just got home, it's dark and raining so I'll have to wait to set up and shoot her, but the good news is she will be hunting in the next day or so!  I'll keep you all posted......

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2006, 09:24:00 AM »
Well Faith and I are off to make meat tomorrow morning! She arrived here last Friday and we spent the weekend getting aquinted.  :)  She sure is a beauty. I was a little unsure at first because I've never hunted with a bow under 50# at my draw, but after shooting her I have no doubt she can "get-r-done".

I have 4 1/2 day, 2 farms plus state land, and unlimited tags for beautiful Montgomery Co. Maryland so God wiling I'll show old Faith what she was made for. Wish me luck!

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »
Good Luck  :thumbsup:  .....Van
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2006, 05:53:00 PM »
Good luck Brent, I'll have Hope out a couple of times this week and then Jeremy and I will be in the Great North Woods of New Hampshire for the weekend with her....

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline jiane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2006, 12:04:00 PM »
Good luck David.

Preparing for my time with Hope in December.  Can some past participants tell me if 2114's with a 125g tip fly well out of the bow?  If not, what will fly true?  I just want to be prepared when she comes to town.

Jerry
Wisconsin Traditional Archers - Board Member
Ojibwa Bowhunters of Milwaukee
PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Bowhunters

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2006, 09:00:00 AM »
Well, as hard as I tried, I wasn't able to connect with Faith on my hunt in Maryland. She and I saw over 60 deer in 4 days, but wind, thermals, and just my lack of knowledge about the area I was hunting combined to leave us without meat. The closest deer we saw were at 3 steps off my left shoulder one morning (of course I'm a lefty), and we actually spotted a pie ball fawn on 2 occasions.

Since I was hunting alone I don't have any pictures of me, but here's one of Faith waiting patiently in one of my favorite ground blinds. I've taken bucks from this blind the last 2 years and I sorely wanted a hat trick with Faith, but it just wasn't meant to be.

I really want to thank Terry and the Horne’s for making this all possible. That brush bow is a sweet little shooter and very pretty. I'll be mailing it on a little early to the next lucky hunter. Hopefully they will have slightly better luck than I did.

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2006, 11:13:00 AM »
Miss Hope should be arriving in Kentucky soon and I've staked out some whitetails with her name on them!  Of course, I've already taken it upon myself to thin the herd of one of the dry does with my favorite Widow, but it hasn't seemed to negatively effect the rest.  They come through that clover field just like clockwork  :D .  Now I just have to lucky!

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2006, 11:14:00 AM »
should say "get" lucky...!
Pinecone

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2006, 11:34:00 AM »
I'll be sending Hope out to you on Thursday Claudia, meanwhile here she is contemplating what kind of moose caused this damage....

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »
And here I am with her by a bog in far northern New Hampshire.....

You'll have her soon Claudia....I have a couple of more hunts left with her first....

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2006, 04:54:00 PM »
Beautiful country!!!!! GREAT looking bow!!!!!

As for the guy holding her, Well.....  "[tunglaff]"
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2006, 05:53:00 PM »
David,

I hope you kill a brute with the old gal! I'll see her soon enough and will definately look forward to following in the footsteps of so many dedicated archers when I take her afield.  One thing is for sure, this bow is going to have some serious mojo!

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2006, 10:51:00 PM »
Guys, don't forget the Mojo bags. So far only 1 piece for each bow has been sent in.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2006, 11:37:00 PM »
vermonster13 sorry I'm so slow at getting you a flake of obsidian from a hunter of the stone age that I picked up in my wanderings. Will try and get it out this week.
Thanks for the reminder

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©