3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Adventures of 'Hope' and 'Faith'  (Read 40738 times)

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Adventures of 'Hope' and 'Faith'
« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »
Good stuff Vermon.   :wavey:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  ...Van
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2006, 09:40:00 PM »
Thanks Van & Terry. I have more to add to the thread and a turkey feather for the mojo bag. I'm going to string the story out for a while and I am not feeling all that well today so bear with me please.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #202 on: October 19, 2006, 09:05:00 PM »
Hope to have Miss Faith for the weekend...stay tuned.........
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #203 on: October 22, 2006, 09:55:00 AM »
Well I guess I missed the mailman Fri.,and I'll have to pick it up on Monday(if I can get the chance after work)....so I'm basically down to "MABYE" and afternoon hunt during the week and next weekend...then it's gone...oh well,I'll do my best to get something with it.....looking forward to shooting her again!!
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #204 on: October 23, 2006, 10:22:00 PM »
Miss Faith is here,did a bit of bare shafting/shooting in the shop.Should be ready to go in a day or two. That bow shoots great,hope I can hold up my end of the deal if givin the chance.

Looking forward to some time afield with her!!!
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #205 on: October 24, 2006, 09:44:00 AM »
I'm pretty confident you'll do ok if given the chance Curt.  Go get 'em!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #206 on: October 24, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »
Hey folks, I'm still waiting on some mojo bag pieces from many of you. Benbow made a real nice addition today. I may just make one bag with everything from both bows at this point so as to have enough to make a decent bag, hate to do it but it may have to be.

I added a turkey feather by the way. Did I share the story yet?
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Hunter John

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #207 on: October 24, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »
No  but we are listening

John
I am a man
and I can change
if I have to
I guess.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #208 on: October 28, 2006, 06:16:00 AM »
Doesn't look good for me to shoot anything with Miss Faith. Recieved her monday,worked long hours all week,managed to finished the arrows I made for her,but for some reason they just won't fly to my liking.The weather is supposed to be terrible all weekend.Unless I can work something out for a couple arrowsdon't know if I'll have the time to even do that)...and the weather breaks a bit...it doesn't look like she'll be getting out in NY......I just won't go out with arrows that aren't flying perfect....so either way, it looks like Miss Faith will be heading to Mac on Monday.....I do appreciate the time I got to spend with her...Thanks Terry  :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

Offline cjones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #209 on: November 01, 2006, 05:35:00 AM »
I got "hope" this morning! I ran outside to play with her a little before bed. She seems to like the same carbons that i shoot out of my recurve so i should be good to go. I'm planning on taking her to the woods this evening if it ain't pouring down rain.  My first few shots out of her at 20 yards resulted in my breaking a nock. I hope that is a good sign.
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #210 on: November 01, 2006, 08:53:00 AM »
We have faith in you Chad.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #211 on: November 01, 2006, 09:21:00 AM »
Hey vermonster13 your as slow at finishing your huning story as I was getting my part of the mojo bag to you. How about finishing the story?
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #212 on: November 01, 2006, 11:25:00 AM »
Ok Galen. To much time reading Charlie's stories has rubbed off on me a little. LOL

So my time with Hope was a little shorter than I like and if not for Claudia's generosity I may not have got my turn, so thank you again Claudia.

So the last day I had Hope I only had an hour to walk her. I needed to get her in the mail for an appointment she needed to make before she could continue onto Ohio. I dropped my boy off at preschool and headed for my spot. I had already filled out the log saying how much I enjoyed my time with her and that I hadn't filled any tags with her. My mistake, but we'll get there.

I went into the oak ridge that was bordered by some hemlocks and spruce that the turkeys had been roosting in and some deer had been bedding in. At the bottom of the ridge is the farmers house garden that had a half acre of sweet corn still standing in it that he leaves for the deer and birds. So this area sees a lot of action.

I saw a few does feeding across the ridge, but the wind was all wrong to try to stalk them in my limited time. Just then a flock of about thirty birds trucked up out of the thicket that borders the field and jumped the fence to the posted pasture. I figured that I was done and I needed to get the bow in the mail soon and pick up my boy.

So I worked back across the ridge to where my truck was parked and wasn't 30 yards away when I heard the familiar keeing of a bird thats lost the flock. Checked my watch, I had maybe 30 minutes leeway. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #213 on: November 01, 2006, 11:35:00 AM »
It sounded like the bird was down a trail that the deer used to my right that let them check the corn out before they committed to going into the garden. The open spot is choked with those little red berried thorn bushes. But if I turned and went straight down the hill and cut into the garden I could maybe catch this bird going into the garden trying to catch up with the flock in the pasture. Looked at my watch again, not enough time. I would have to give up and send Hope on without adding to her mojo it seemed. I took the trail to the left that broke over the ridge to the tractor path my truck was parked on that lead down to the garden/orchard.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #214 on: November 01, 2006, 11:35:00 AM »
Man your cruel!!! ;^)
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #215 on: November 01, 2006, 11:39:00 AM »
Thought you had left Galen so I was taking my time. Trying to type and amuse my 3 yearold at the same time you know. Should I finish now or later? LOL
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #216 on: November 01, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »
TAPTAPTAP.....  :banghead:
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #217 on: November 01, 2006, 12:09:00 PM »
Well I wasn't in hunting mode so much as getting out of the woods mode at this point. So I was moving up the trail at a pretty good clip when it happened. A single jake steps on the path right were it meets the tractor path about 30 yards in front of me. Did I tell you guys how well Hope shoots for me?
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #218 on: November 01, 2006, 01:38:00 PM »
I tried to be patient but all I could get to was mildly irritated....    :biglaugh:
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #219 on: November 01, 2006, 03:07:00 PM »
The Zwickey Delta broadhead passed through exactly the way it was set up too. Just a little fletch left showing on the near side of the bird. He piled up on the spot and I only needed to carry him 20 yards to the truck. it was a beautiful thing. He weighted a little shy of 19 pounds. A quick run to the check in station and a drop off of the bird at the inlaws house who weren't home at the time. Figured I'd get some pictures when I got back from the Post office and picking up my Jake. Sent Hope on her way with a log book not quite filled out right and picked up Jake.

Drove back up to the inlaws to get some pictures and in the hour I wasn't there they had come home and my father-in-law already had the bird done up for cooking! So no pictures but a last second addition of a feather for the Mojo Bag and a great respect for Mark Horne's bows.

That Bush Bow can flat out shoot. Farthest shot on a turkey I've ever taken and it went as well as I could have ever hoped.

My chapter is done, hopefully Chad will add his soon. Best of luck Chad.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©