3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Adventures of 'Hope' and 'Faith'  (Read 40730 times)

Offline Ted

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Adventures of 'Hope' and 'Faith'
« Reply #320 on: January 16, 2007, 10:21:00 PM »
I do have your addy.  I think I have it through the end of the month and then I will send it up.

As for my story . . . I am likely not going to get the pics soon and I don't want to leave you hanging.

On the first day that I had Faith.  I shot her for awhile then went on a small game walk.  Jumped a rabbit, but no shots.  Later, I snuck into a nearby woodlot.  Almost immediately a squirrel climbed down and started hoppin' my way.  I moved a little closer.  He came runnin down the deadfall 15 yards away.  Before I knew it, Faith had another kill.  I threw a 2018 tipped with a 190 grain shark at the treerat and it nearly chopped it's head off.  I hit is just in front of the shoulders and cut it's spine in half.  It was dead immediately.  Without a doubt the best shot I've ever made on a squirrel.  This bow is dead silent - even with aluminums and shoots where I am looking . . . I love it.

I hope to get a chance at a MD rabbit or two in the back and I will get a chance to take it in the whitetail woods a time or two (I think).

Ted

Offline SuperKodiak38

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #321 on: January 18, 2007, 01:48:00 AM »
Ted,

Must be the bow !   :saywhat:
"Go afield with a good attitude, respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience.It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person."

Fred Bear

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #322 on: January 18, 2007, 05:20:00 PM »
Ted - nice shooting!

I'm anxiously awaiting Hope - along with another Horne's bow!  I can't wait to get out in the woods with her!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #323 on: January 22, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »
I got home late from work tonight and found Hope finally arrived!!  UPS was nice and left the case uncovered in the snow  :mad: , so everything is a bit damp, but I've gotta say, my bow rack hasn't looked this good since I made it!  TWO Horne's side by side!

I'll keep her through the weekend (hoping to get together with another TGer on Sunday) and send her out to the next guy on the list a bit early in the hopes he'll get it to Shawn in time for the Bunny Hunt.

No need to be selfish, I'll see her at Shawn's and, afterall, I am going to win the auction!  ;)
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #324 on: January 24, 2007, 11:07:00 AM »
Hope it stops raining around here soon.  If not I won't be able to get into my hunting area   :(  ...Van

Good Luck!
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #325 on: January 27, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »
I packed up Hope after a chilly morning in the woods and sent her on her way a bit early.  I would have liked to have had her for more than a few days, but getting her to the Bunny Hunt is far more important!

I saw over 15 deer this morning... all on the way home from the Post Office!!

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #326 on: January 27, 2007, 02:00:00 PM »
Thanks Jeremy.  I'll get it to the Bunny Hunt on time  :wavey:  ...Van
I love this country ;-)

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #327 on: January 29, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »
Breath easy.  Hope arrived in good shape.  Hope to take her out this weekend depending on the weather.  I downloaded pics from the camera just in case I deleted them by mistake not being familiar with it's operation.  

I don't have a clue who these strange folks are, though some look familiar  :scared:    :bigsmyl:  ...Van

I love this country ;-)

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #328 on: January 30, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »
No problem getting use to this bow.  It shoots just like I thought it would....perfectly (I've shot Horne bows before).  After the first shot I could have put it away and been confident of taking a shot on any game animal in this part of the country.  After a couple of dozen shots from 10 to 20 yards to verify that this wasn't just "different bow good shooting syndrome" I quit.  Plan on taking it to the woods (if I don't get stuck) this Friday for a couple of days.  Rabbits are in trouble; hogs and late season whitetail does may want to hunker down lest they be kilt   :D   ...Van
I love this country ;-)

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #329 on: January 31, 2007, 08:00:00 PM »
Just an update to maybe help future "users" of this bow.

When I first shot it yesterday the brace height was set at 7" (I just unwrapped the string as it was packaged and strung it up) and the nock point was set at exactly the same as I set my recurves and longbows.  I did notice a bit of noise but the bow shot as well or better than what I'm use to anyway.

Knowing that the recommended brace height is 7 1/2" I corrected that this evening.  My goodness what a difference.  What was a great shooting bow turned into maybe the best shooting longbow I've ever shot.

That 1/2" difference in brace height made it very quiet and my group at 20 yards decreased considerably.  I'm shooting 29" 2018's with a total weight of 590 grains. Point is, listen to the bowyer. They normally know what works best...Van
I love this country ;-)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #330 on: January 31, 2007, 10:56:00 PM »
She is a sweet shooter. Look forward to your hunt story Van.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #331 on: February 03, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »
You mean that's all the pics in the camera?!!!   :help:  Surely not...
Pinecone

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #332 on: February 04, 2007, 06:09:00 PM »
That's all I could find Pincone.

Stalked hogs and deer this weekend with Hope. Dang it was cold for S. Texas.  Several close encounters with both but no cigar.  Today was the last day for the special spike and doe season.  I'll try again next weekend for hogs then she's off to the Bunny Hunt.....Van

I love this country ;-)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #333 on: February 06, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »
I recieved Faith yesterday, I am a righty but can shoot lefty pretty good. I took her out and shot a 3-4" group at 12 yards. Today I took her for a walk. It was brutal cold, but I managed to shoot a mountain lion and find a treasure in the snow. My first attempt at a pic is Faith just chillin'!! by the way it was -10 with the wind chill!!
Shawn

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #334 on: February 06, 2007, 08:47:00 PM »
Nice pic bud!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #335 on: February 06, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
Here is my Mountain Lion:
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #336 on: February 06, 2007, 09:05:00 PM »
My next pic. is of my little treasure I found, I also missed two bunnies with her. What a sweet shooter, wish I had Hope to hunt with for a day by myself!
Shawn

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #337 on: February 07, 2007, 07:16:00 PM »
Yep I figured you'd like her Shawn.Nice Pics.Good shot on that Mt. lion too.Good thing you hit where you did looks like a lousy bloodtrail.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #338 on: February 09, 2007, 06:12:00 PM »
Ok, I shot her a little the last two days, but too cold to hunt. We have had wind-chills well below zero and winds gusting to 40mph. I will try and hunt her tomorrow afternoon for a bit. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #339 on: February 11, 2007, 07:10:00 PM »
I bought Faith to Toll Gate today which is an indoor 3D shoot. JCSnapshot wanted to give her a go and he is a lefty and shot a round with her. Well he shot his best round in a long time with her. He took 14th. out of about 100+ rounds that were shot. Curt is gonna post a pic. here in a little while, I hope!! Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©