3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Adventures of 'Hope' and 'Faith'  (Read 40721 times)

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Adventures of 'Hope' and 'Faith'
« Reply #360 on: March 24, 2007, 10:24:00 AM »
I need to know where to send Faith??????? Thanks! Curtis

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #361 on: March 26, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »
Al and Aaron suposedly swapped out.....I told them to work it out, that it was fine with me......I've emailed Al and I haven't heard back.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #362 on: March 26, 2007, 04:16:00 PM »
does this mean Hope's on the way to me ? Wish i could have killed that bird Saturday with her (although it was my first kill with that Kaibab so it needed breaking in)---guess I'll have to hold out killing anymore turkeys till she gets here...
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."
Jimmy Buffet from HE WENT TO PARIS

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #363 on: March 27, 2007, 04:05:00 PM »
Joel......yes, Hope is on the way to you soon.

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #364 on: March 27, 2007, 09:02:00 PM »
Don't get too attached to her though. LOL  I got the opportunity to shoot her at the SWEAT and well... We were made for each other.  :D
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #365 on: March 27, 2007, 09:46:00 PM »
too late, it was love at first sight. I'm already mentally checking off the places i'm NOT gonna hunt till she arrives
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."

Offline Al33

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #366 on: March 27, 2007, 09:53:00 PM »
Sorry Terry, but I have been in the woods off and on since Saturday.    :bigsmyl:   Haven't spent too much time on the 'puter.

I got a VM from Curtis and left him VM's at two numbers when I returned the call.  

I consented to swap weeks with "themonkey" and replied to his PM requesting it, however, I never heard back from him. Not sure what is going to happen with regards to the swapping of time spots for Faith. I'll take her whenever I can get her if that helps.

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #367 on: April 01, 2007, 10:31:00 PM »
anybody know where Hope is ? Clock's already ticking on my turn and i haven't seen her yet.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #368 on: April 02, 2007, 10:07:00 AM »
Yeah.....meant to tell ya....hold on a bit Joel.

Offline Al33

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #369 on: April 02, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »
Picked up Faith this morning at the PO and could hardly wait to get done with errands and get back home to shoot her. Had to have some lunch first though    :D    then a friend dropped by before I could get the package opened. The visit took awhile but I finally had my moment alone with her. I found everything in order and opened her diary to scan through it while torn between wanting to shoot her and read the entries. I read the first one by Danny Spencer and among many of the things he reported was that he found Faith liked the 55/75 carbons with the 100 gr. inserts. Wouldn’t you know I had a dozen of them just like that and that’s all it took for me to put the diary down and string her up.

I checked her for nock square and she is set at one half inch above square which is about an eighth higher than I have most of my bows. She is also a little lighter than my fat girls but she sure was smooth to pull.    :)    

I grabbed 6 of the carbons and placed my target at a pre-measured 20 yards. My first two rounds of 6 were both about 6 inches low but were holding tight. OK, I said to myself, I just have to get to know her and learn how to hold her. Maybe it’s because I am used to shooting 60#+ bows. My groups moved up and stayed tight with the exception of a few wanderers because of a poor release on my part.    :rolleyes:    

This is a shot of my fourth group because the first three didn’t deserve having their picture took.    ;)  

Here is my 6th and last 7th group right before a thunderstorm was fixin’ to let loose on my head. I had a couple of wanderers in my last group but am tickled with how she shoots.

Now if I can only get a tom within my range and I don’t choke I’m going to add some turkey feathers to the medicine bag.
WOW, I sure do like this Horne bow. How long does it take to get one after ordering one anyway?    :bigsmyl:

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #370 on: April 03, 2007, 09:33:00 AM »
I talked to Al yesterday not long after she arrived...he was giggling like a lil kid while reading the diary of all her past adventures.

I've got faith we'll see a hero pic here soon...

And Al, Mark has some in stock   :saywhat:
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #371 on: April 05, 2007, 10:30:00 PM »
got the package last night, turned on the lights and shot my standing turkey target, three shots from different distances, prolly less than ten to a little over twenty yards, coulda covered all three with my palm with room left over----this one's a shooter for me, grip feels like it was made for my hand and it liked my AD's.

talked to one of my scouts today and looks like me and Hope are gonna "commence hostilities" about daylight tomorrow....

Offline Al33

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #372 on: April 05, 2007, 11:20:00 PM »
Joel,
I will be bringing Faith to the Appling Festival, will her sister be there too?   :)

Offline yleecoyote23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #373 on: April 06, 2007, 06:59:00 PM »
Go get em Joel and Al!!!!

If I wasn't already so dang bow poor, I would have already gotten Mark to build me one just like Faith!!!!

She's 'bout the only woman I ever got along with that well!!  :bigsmyl:  

Good luck to Y'all!!!! Be sure and post pics! Lot's of pics!!!  :archer:
In the beautiful Davis Mountains and lovin' every minute - Danny

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #374 on: April 06, 2007, 09:57:00 PM »
DOG DAY AFTER....uhh MORNING

Thursday a.m. and it's hovering in the mid-thirties, i'm running a little late and it's breaking day as i set up near the same place i shot my opening day bird.

first crow gets a tom going about three hundred yards away, across a county dirt road from my setup. i give a little flydown and that bird and two others rattle hellos---cool, three boys gobbling fifteen minutes into the hunt----and one of 'em's only a hundred yards or so down the oak ridge

i let 'em holler and juice up for about fifteen more then call again. the nearest bird pitches out and lands just out of sight over a little hump. i cluck twice and he's coming fast over my right shoulder and my fingers tighten on the bowstring as i turn to line up for the shot. he breaks cover about thirty yards out and he runs right on past me and the decoys ??? i'm watching him go when i catch movement out of the corner of my eye and, turning back to the right, see a pretty little beagle coming right in the bird's tracks--scratch the first tom.

i gave it thirty minutes to calm down, started with a couple of clucks, purred into a yelp and another bird gobbles from just the other side of the county road, probably two hundred yards distant. i go quiet and in ten minutes he's standing fifty yards away, looking intently at my decoys---man, what a brush ! that beard looks a foot long and thick as your wrist ! the bird's head starts to bounce up and down, still looking my way, and i catch a glimpse of light color beyond the decoys just as he hauls tail ! this time it's a sheperd cross, apparently following the beagle's trail from a half-hour earlier...

Hope was ready to strike, the birds were trying to cooperate, beautiful weather---sometimes it's just not meant to be---but there's always tomorrow !

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #375 on: April 07, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »
Dogs have messed up a many a hunt like that. Best of luck to ya Joel.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline themonkey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #376 on: April 11, 2007, 11:30:00 AM »
so uh......what kinda alums does miss faith like?
Don't deal with me, I stole from the St Jude's Auction.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #377 on: April 13, 2007, 01:04:00 AM »
How does one get selected to try one of these bows?
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #378 on: April 13, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »
There was a sign-up after the auction last year Jerry. Keep your eyes open after this years auction for a new opportunity.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #379 on: April 13, 2007, 04:42:00 PM »
Jerry you can check out mine if we get together on Old Mine Road this hunting season or at the  Whittingham Shoot if you go.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©