3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My best day  (Read 230 times)

Offline wollelybugger

• Trad Bowhunter
My best day
« on: March 16, 2009, 07:33:00 AM »
I think that my best day would start at dawn on top of a West Virgina mountain at daybreak. The sound of six or eight goblers sounding off all around me. I would call in the boss and dispatch him with a ten yard shot. Back to the cabin for a nap and breakfast. Later hitting the Trout stream with my Orvis bamboo and landing a 20 inch plus Brownie. Throw in a good cigar and thats one of   :campfire:  my daydreams in the spring. Whats yours.

Offline Kevin L.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My best day
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 07:38:00 AM »
Similar, but it'd be what we call "Gobbler's Crossing" on the farm in Wayne Co. As for the afternoon, I'd prefer that one either on a small headwater stream near the Elk full of brookies that I haven't been on in years or on my favorite landlocked salmon stream up here, either one with one of my bamboo rods. Finish the day off with a campfire and a mug of Hillbilly cider.
Appalachian LB 66"57@26
Appalachian LB 68" 60@28
Appalachian Flatbow 64" 56@28
Appalachian Archery RC 58"62@28
Bighorn LB 68" 57@28
HH Wesley LB 66" 53@27
HH Cheetah LB 66" 52@26
Saxon American RC 58" 60@28

Offline GrnMtnTradNut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 07:56:00 AM »
Mine will be coming up soon, turkey hunting in 4 weeks with both my kids my 9yr old son and bringing my 6yr old daughter out on her first hunt to get a gobbler of her own. They are both pumped and ready to go been shooting there turkey guns but the boy is undecided if he want to use his bow or not. Chris

Offline PSUBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 10:43:00 AM »
I would have to say mine would be looking over a clear cut at day break for moose somewhere in Canada. Hunt moose for a good portion of the day and finish off the evening casting for northern pike in a weedy bay. Then repeat for as long as it took for me to get my moose and catch as many 40" pike as I can.

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »
the sun clearing the mountains lighting up some slides and revealing a large feeding bear, the rest is history.

Offline TimRadke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 05:50:00 PM »
I had my best day last friday... full day off, my 11 month old asleep on my chest while I watched some of my old home hunting movies... Kaylee wakes up, looks at me, gives me a huge grin after being sick most of the day, and says as plain as day "Dad!" while looking me in the eyes....

Byron Ferguson Patriot
58# @ 28"

RER XR
49# @ 26"

>')///><            <-------[[[[

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©