3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Carbon blems from Sipsey River?  (Read 1399 times)

Carbon blems from Sipsey River?
« on: March 18, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »
I remember reading that Sipsey River sold out and that the new owner would be selling the carbon blems but I can't remember who that was--anybody know?

Online Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Carbon blems from Sipsey River?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 10:49:00 AM »
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 10:53:00 AM »
Brought up the post...has contact info included. Think you should be all set....
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 11:47:00 AM »
Originally posted by Sipsey River:
Big Jim's Bow Company bought the retail portion of Sipsey River. He has a ton of blems coming very soon.
His number is 229-420-5669, bigjimsbowcompany.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Searched the pow wow...came up with this.

Think the other thread "poofed".
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 03:39:00 PM »
Gold Tips QA has gone way up.  They do not have as many blems as they once did.  I am also on Gold Tips list to get some blems, thats when and if they get some.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 03:52:00 PM »
Never wanted to deal with Carbon Blems...always carried the XT Hunters. I know they are a deal but never wanted to be bothered with "blems".
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 03:56:00 PM »
I was told that goldtip moved thier manufacturing to Mexico, so I don't think I'll buy any until I learn if this is true or not
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MYSTIKBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 07:31:00 PM »
Your right Joe. XT Hunters are the ones I like the best. I also like and shoot the Expedition hunters too!

John
I reckon so

Offline StickBowManMI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 08:04:00 PM »
I have some Gold Tip Blems that I bought from a dealer at ETAR about 2 years ago. I just decided to make up another doxen arrows and when I put the Blems on the cresting machine, they were not straight. I'll never buy the blems again. I have never has problems before withe the traditional shafts.

Offline fountain

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 08:36:00 PM »
he had some blems come in last week an traditional only in the 35/55, has nugent blems in 55/75 and camo blems in 55/75.  he is also selling the camo xt's in 35/55 for $45!  that is a steal.  at least he had them this past weekend.
give him a call.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 11:39:00 PM »
Big Jim builds a fine bow to boot from what I understand.RC

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 06:57:00 AM »
Stick bow man- you should have sent them back. The Blem problem is only in the finish. The out of tollerence issue is just as likely to hapen in firsts as it is in seconds. Someone asleep at the wheel. John told me that he used to test every shaft before sending them out. He discontinued this practice because he was not finding any issues with non straight shafts.

Also, Gold tip did move mfg. to Mexico, but they were just following the lead of all of the other big shaft manufacturers. If you check, I think you will find that Easton, grizzly stick, cx are all made overseas too.

BigJim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 07:28:00 AM »
Easton's made in the USA.  The same goes for Arrow Dynamic's, made in the heartland of the USA.

Offline Russ Clagett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 10:00:00 AM »
I have used these blems from sipsey river for a couple years with no problems at all. the only thing I had to get used to was being able to afford more of them..........

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 01:32:00 PM »
I have had no problems with blems--have some of the Carbonwoods too and they've been fine. Thanks for the info folks.

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 03:16:00 PM »
We sold thousands of the blems in the past 6 years. We had very few complaints. Most complaints were about the snow camo (Ted Nugents) not being in tolerance. We did have a few compound guys not happy with the blems, some expected perfect .001 shafts for $40.
We had a batch that had some shafts with end cracks, but that was about 3 years ago, none since. For the price, the blems were hard to beat as a trad shaft.
Gold Tip did move the factory to Mexico a few years ago, since then we have gotten fewer blems. In all honesty, they are doing a better job south of the border. Quality has improved.
Their HQ is still in USA.
John

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 04:25:00 PM »
John, I never had a problem with any of the shafts I purchased from you. You couldn't beat the price with a stick!

Offline champ38

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 08:38:00 PM »
Same here with the Blems, fantastic deal and shoot just as good as my Beemans, Axis and all the others. Thanks Sipsey for a quality product at an affordable price.Of the 4-5 dozen Ive bought from you, never had a single problem.
56" Shrew Classic Carbon 68@29
58" 2-P Centaur Cabon Elite 57@29

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 09:29:00 PM »
The only blem I saw on mine was the decal which I took off anyway with some acetone. Good deal. Too bad they have gone the way of many other U.S. companies. I doubt I will buy any more GT's. either.
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq),
Operation New Dawn Iraq 2011,
Operation Enduring Freedom 2018 Afghanistan.
NRA Life Member.

Offline Bob Sarrels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 10:30:00 PM »
I have bought and sold appx. 80 doz of these blems.  Only 1 complaint about them being striaght.  Gave him another doz and all is cool.
Now then, get your weapons ~ your quiver and bow ~ and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.  Gen. 27.3

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©