3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: limbs  (Read 258 times)

Offline A.L.L.

• Trad Bowhunter
limbs
« on: March 18, 2009, 03:35:00 PM »
Hello everyone,

I hope this the right spot for this.

I'm new to this forum and have been looking at it
for a while now. Finally joined and as a newby, I
have a few questions.

I'll just start with one for now. First a little
background on myself.

I am 65 and trying to get back into archery after quite a few years absence. I'm on SSDI because of a lung disease. I've not done anything very physical for about 3 1/2 years. As a consequence, I have lost a lot of upper body strength. Thought archery might be a great way to get back into shape. Have been exercising with one of those rubber stretchy things.

I bought a PSE Impala. 40 lbs @28" draw and 60" length. That was the minimum that I could get in that particular bow. Oh, yeah, I'm left handed.

I feel that is just a little bit too much for me
right now as I can not hold an anchor point with out my arms shaking. Does anyone know if there are other limbs that will fit this bow and with a lighter draw weight?   :pray:  

Thanks for any and all information.    :)  

A.L.L.

Offline dragon rider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: limbs
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 04:15:00 PM »
I don't know anything useful about limbs for your bow, but Three Rivers has a Titan Recurve Youth Bow that's 60" and draws about 30# @28" that they sell for just undeer $50.  It can be shot either right or left handed.  I used a very similar one for a while when I first switched from shooting RH to shooting LH to get my form down.  It'd probably work for you to start building strength and would almost have to be less expensive than new limbs for your bow.  The folks at Three Rivers are always very helpful, so I'd give them a call and see what they suggest.
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons; people are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline A.L.L.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: limbs
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 04:24:00 PM »
Thanks for that tip. I'll look at their web site.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©