3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who's Shooting ILF Bows....?  (Read 778 times)

Offline Hornseeker

• Trad Bowhunter
Who's Shooting ILF Bows....?
« on: March 19, 2009, 10:53:00 AM »
Just curious. I am building my first ILF riser right now... cant wait to get it shaped up so I can shoot it!!

What are you shooting?

Ernie

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who's Shooting ILF Bows....?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 11:15:00 AM »
I am trying out Trad Tech's, Titan and Pinnacle II.  Talk about some sweet shooting bows.  So far I prefer the Titan, over the Pinnacle II.  But, that could change after shooting them more.

Offline Pete W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »
Hi Ernie. Good to see you opening the box to explore new things.
 I have been shooting a few ILF bows and Limb combinations. I like them.
 Some of the ones I have are the Trad Tech Titan, Pinnacle and pinnacle II, and a few Hoyt TD3's I converted to ILF.
 I do think there is some mis-understanding with ILF limbs and draw weights hapening.
 The adjustment on the limb bolts is better utilized to adjust draw length and a stack free shot, with a tunable tiller than a increasing the draw weight . A set of 45#  Medium limbs at a 27" draw , should still be drawing 45# at 29".Not 50+ at 29". If you want 50 at 29 get heavier limbs. ILF limbs will be over stressed before the fingers perceive stacking.

Also shooters are often buying the wrong length limb for their draw length. On short risers  the short limbs drawn to 29 and 30" is deep into over stressing . Most of these limbs show very little stack . When you go from 2# to 3# on these you are entering the over stress zone.

Get a limb that is suited to your draw length and a weight that you want at that draw length.
 I think that we are going to see a lot more bowyers building ILF Risers in the near future.

Pete
Share your knowledge and ideas.

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 11:46:00 AM »
I  have a Morrison ILF with Carbon Foam longbow limbs, I like it easy to tune. i wish i went this rout years ago with my kids bows.
Bull

Offline Oscar-eleven

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 12:43:00 PM »
TAC Fly and a Morrison. I really like the ILF system.

Offline bjordnolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 01:16:00 PM »
I have some questions so I sent you a pm.
Eat Moose 12000 wolves can't be wrong.

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 01:18:00 PM »
I have a tradtech Pinnacle 1, and a Warf, black bear compound riser with Hoyt Sky Jack Carbon ILF limbs. The pinnacle is the fastest, sweetest shooting longbow I have ever shot. I hate to say it, but that old compound warfed riser with these limbs is my smoothest shooting, most accurate bow that I have, including my BW's!1 My Quinns are barley behind the Warf, but they are more handy to hunt with. The draw back with a ILF riser is that if you arent careful, you can tinker yourself to death trying to find that magic setup, all the different limbs etc out there. I swapped around with 2 or 3 till I found the ones I shot best and kept them. On the other hand when you get a riser you like, limbs are usually cheaper than  a bow!
samuel koger

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 06:45:00 PM »

My 52" ILF Foam and carbon with small Broadbanded Watersnake. I really like the adjustbility of ILF bows.

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »
I'm shooting a 21" Dalaa with long Samick Master limbs.It makes a 66" recurve and I shoot it better than anything I've ever tried.

BTW-Pete Ward makes a great point.Some long draw guys are giving up a lot of stability,smoothness,and limb life to shoot a short bow with a few more fps.

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 09:37:00 PM »
Morrison & DAS are both A+

I want to try the new Pinnacle II and a Mini-14 in the near future.
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 10:00:00 PM »
I've had a TradTech Titan, a DAS and a Black Bear Warf.

Offline Hornseeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 11:36:00 PM »
Cool. Question was really just for fun...to see what people are saying, what they like...etc...I've shot DAS/Dalaa, Titan, Pinnacle, Firefly, Black Sheep... what else...?? thats it for ILF.. I liked ALL of them... the Black Sheep is actually my favorite, but its not really a production bow... and... I really would like something shorter...

SO..I'll build my own! :0)

Its going to be 17" and has 17 degree pads... I am heading out the door to go shape on it and actually mount limbs on it late tonight.... should be Fun!!

E

Offline Str8Shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 12:00:00 AM »
I'm an ILF guy. Been playing with them for the last 4-5 years and they're pretty much all I shoot now. I'm shooting the Hoyt Excel ,23", with medium Extreme limbs. Smooth, fast, and super accurate 66" bow.

I tried all the shorty stuff but after shooting the long risers I'm sold on em. I had no problem hunting with a 66-68" longbow, shouldn't be an issue with the recurve.

Bob Morrison, those limbs are stunning. I'm a function over form type of guy but those rock.

Offline Hornseeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2009, 01:33:00 AM »
Str8... I think that is why I liked that Sheep so much...it was 21...
Well... I haven't shot this one yet, but I'm not really worried about it not being a shooter :0) Pretty fun messing with these things. I am already loooking forward to the next one...it sure is fun to just build the riser!!

Just left the shop... first time it was strung...

Offline Hornseeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2009, 01:34:00 AM »
Please excuse the aesthetics...I just grabbed some good solid wood and started making a bow... wasn't going for looks at ALL with this...My 1st RC and my 1st ILF...

E

Offline Pete W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2009, 07:59:00 AM »
I also shot Bob's Mini 14 a few weeks ago. Manyletters has it and wanted me to give it a whirl.With the TT BF EXT shorts and Medium limbs it made a dandy shooter for my 27" draw. It also was very nice with the TT longbow limbs, in wood glass and Masters carbons ,and allowed a shorter brace than any other ILF riser I have shot them on.
 Well done Bob.

Pete
Share your knowledge and ideas.

Offline Craig/FL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009, 08:23:00 AM »
I've had a Black Bear and Proline Warf and have a had a TT Titan for about a year and a half now. I really like the whole concept of the ILF thing.
I sure do like the looks of that 52" Morrison.

Offline Hornseeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 10:49:00 AM »
This bow is 60" and 54#...haven't flung an arrow yet...gotta round a couple things off...then I'll let some rip and let you guys know what I think!

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 11:00:00 AM »
Damn...That is one ugly bow...

LOL

Offline Hornseeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2009, 11:07:00 AM »
You'll be begging to shoot it....

:0)