3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Heavy Multiple Blade Head Configuration  (Read 290 times)

Offline IronCreekArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Heavy Multiple Blade Head Configuration
« on: March 19, 2009, 10:19:00 PM »
Hey guys I am looking to find a combination of a heavy broadhead (200-250 grains) or broadhead and steel insert combo (200-250 grains) with multiple blades.  I have shot the Woodsman and they whistle a bit...don't know if I care for that.  Any suggestions out there?  The 300 X-treem seems to be xtreem in price as well...  :eek:    Do the Muzzy Phantoms (220 grain 4-blade) whistle?  Is penetration good with them?  I shoot a 49lb Black Widow PMA with a 550 to 600 grain arrow.  Thanks in advance ladies and gentlemen...
We do not rise to the occasion.  We fall to our level of training.

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Heavy Multiple Blade Head Configuration
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 11:11:00 PM »
razorcaps come up to 200 gr, snuffers can be weighted with steel adapters.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 10:14:00 AM »
I have the muzzys no problems yet don`t whistle but do need a touch up for sharpness out of the pack.. as far as razor caps, better known as whistle caps
Bull

Offline Steertalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 10:28:00 AM »
As Hattrick mention, the Muzzy Phantoms whistle and are dull right out of the package.  IMHO....you should go with a good sharp cut on contact 2 blade with your setup. Just my 2 cents worth which you did not ask for....I know.

Brett
"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold:  its patriotism, its morality and its spiritual like.  If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Joseph Stalin

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 11:22:00 AM »
A Zwickey 4 blade on a long adapter would be silent as there's no venting, and offer lots of cutting too.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 11:33:00 AM »
Razorcaps are silent for me but I also have the 125 snuffers with 75gr steel inserts inside and they fly quite too,,, only way to really tell I think is to have someone stand off to the side down at the target but I really havent done that yet.

finally I use the same bow and weight as you and my choice for hogs next month is STOS 145gr 2-blades with long 42gr adaptors--> dead quiet and fly perfect and with worn-in parabolics I doubt theres any hint of whats coming to whats on the revieving end with my heritage it totals 560grains total from a 50# recurve.
"Us vs Them"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©