3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kauai in mid july  (Read 305 times)

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
Kauai in mid july
« on: March 20, 2009, 06:13:00 PM »
I'll be in Kauai mid July and wondering if any one could help me with info on hunting some pig or goat while I'm there. I will be second honeymooning with the wife, so will probably only have one chance to get out and hunt. Any chance of some public free range? Also any license info would help.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline TNstickn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kauai in mid july
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 06:31:00 PM »
They have year round turkey hunting also.
Pick a spot.>>>>-------> Shoot straight.

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 07:27:00 PM »
Jerry
I had a heck of a time finding out about a fishing license when I was there,I could not buy one anywhere on the island!  
I have some family and lots of friends there.If you want any tourist advice PM I will help all I can.
(I'll find out if any of them know the wild bunch that pig hunts)
One thing when your driving thru Kapaa stop at the Pono market and order the Ahi poke!! I kid you not I could of lived on that while I was there.

Offline longbow1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 01:21:00 AM »
I also went hunting there on my second honeymoon, not alot of info on hunting kuwai. I purchased a hunting license at wal mart and met a local guy who hooked me up with his friend who managed a huge horse farm and I also hunted the kalalau trail, excellant hunting but be prepared to hike in about six miles to get away from the crowds, plus its a bowhunting only area. Good luck
PBS ASSOCIATE MEMBER
NJ TRADITIONAL ARCHERS MEMBER

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 08:43:00 AM »
Do a search on here for Steve H.  He bowhunts Kauai extensively.  He had an article in TBM a couple of issues back that had virtually everything you need to know about hunting in Kauai in it.  Can't recall the title.  He also has had a couple of articles in the PBS magazine on the same topic, as well as on this site.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©