3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: lettin' loose traditional hunting video!!!!  (Read 522 times)

Offline stick flipper

• Trad Bowhunter
lettin' loose traditional hunting video!!!!
« on: March 20, 2009, 11:00:00 PM »
I bought a bow from  Doug Schlaybash the other and he gave me his video lettin' loose a season with a longbow. I watched the video that night and I was very impressed that he managed to capture awesome footage by videoing himself. So of his hunts he has someone running the camera. I was most impressed with and now very ready for turkey season after watching his turkey footage. I would recomend this video to any trad archer or wheelie shooter. Also 25% of the proceds go to charities to help disabled kids live their dream in the outdoors!! Doug seems like a heck of a guy and like I said before check out his video

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: lettin' loose traditional hunting video!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 06:55:00 AM »
I got one recently from 4runr(Kenny), I really like it and have watched it I don't know how many times.

Doug really seems like a guy I'd love to spend some time with.   :notworthy:  

Will you make another Doug?
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 07:51:00 AM »
Hey, if Doug is out there, send me a PM. I shot with Doug at the speed round at Compton last year. He is a heck of a shot with that bow of his own making. Wanted to see if he would be around for it this year. Where can I get the video? Give me a shout Doug!
Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline LostNation_Larry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 07:53:00 AM »
I liked the video also.  Nothing offensive.  Hard to imagine getting that much hunting in one year.  Almost makes you jealous.
www.lostnationarchery.com
Where "Traditional" means "Personal Service."

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 08:34:00 AM »
I got the video also, whatched it 4 times the first week. I thought it was well done and had a good mix of hunts, Well done!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Ybuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 10:17:00 AM »
Its for sure one of the best ive seen. Great, great video.  :clapper:
Steve.

Offline stick flipper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 10:30:00 AM »
I think kustom king sells the video

Online Doug S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 01:12:00 PM »
Thanks for the compliments and orders.
I started out making it for my kids to watch when I get to old to hunt.   :scared:   You know just filming my hunts as they happened. I was very low on my real work and so hired my self to film myself. Great job, pay sucked. By making the DVD I hoped to pull over some strickly wheel bow shooters to the happy side.

Stick Flipper is one fine young man, I am glad to have met him. I think you'll do that bow justice Cris!
Good luck in KS.

Curt, I am glad you liked the dvd. It would an  honor for me if I got to share a hunt camp with you sometime. Looking forward to it. I hope to somehow get to the muzzy shoot someday too. Sounds like a great time. I ask Michelle who won it this year and she said she thought you did, again! But she said you win so often it becomes a blur.

As you know filming and hunting is alot of work.    I am taking a break from it. If I do another it will be something different. And hopefully at least twice as good.

I tried to keep Lettin Loose action packed, lots of hunts lots of shots.
BTW, the 25% of profit is going to B4KIDS this year. I will write them a check in Dec.

Doug Schlabach
The hunt is the trophy!

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 02:07:00 PM »
Chris Sparks sells them too. First time I saw them was on the Lewis Hollow Web-Site.

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 02:28:00 PM »
Doug makes a great hunting dvd. I have watched it several times. Keep up the good work Doug!

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 02:36:00 PM »
I bought a copy from 3-rivers a few months back and I've enjoyed it a great deal.   Well done, Doug, and your motivations for making it are dead-on, I think.   We live in the good 'ol days right now, and showing our kids and grandkids what we did is important, as I fear they will not have the opportunties that we enjoy, in their futures.  

I might add, I think your in good company, too, as far as not making much $$$$ catering to us trad guys....at least that's been my experience so far!  

Bill...your videos are top-notch as well, and in the same vein of enjoyability.  Thanks to both of you for helping me pass some time on those rainy or too-cold days.  - Mark
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 04:53:00 PM »
It is my son and my favorite hunting video.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Doug S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 10:04:00 AM »
Mark that's what I had in mind. Something to watch on the days your not out yourself. Sorry it wasn't better.
 Bill,
One of the things I really like about your dvd's is the father, son grandson thing. It's powerfull. I haven't had my Dad to hunt with for 5 yrs now. It does me good watching you guys hunt together.   :thumbsup:
The hunt is the trophy!

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 11:06:00 AM »
I am very blessed to be able to hunt with my Dad and kids as much as we do. CANNOT imagine the day when that comes to an end...

Offline Drew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 02:11:00 PM »
great video! I enjoyed it and have watched it several times.
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »
Good to see Doug getting the credit he deserves. Doug is just one of those guys who is almost too modest. Doug was on the board of our SD bowhunters organization with me this last year and I never knew anything about his DVD until reading about it on the net. It really is a well done DVD but Doug really down plays the final product. I also did not know about the beautiful mountain goat he shot in Utah, his diy trip to New Zealand , a diy spot and stalk black bear trip to Alaska, etc. We just had our annual convention and I really meant to corner Doug and get the full story on some of those adventures but never got that done. It sounds like Doug is going to be going back to Ohio at least temporarily so the SD critters can have a break. Look out Ohio whitetails! Good luck in Ohio Doug!   :thumbsup:
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©