3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: bicep muscle slightly torn  (Read 253 times)

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
bicep muscle slightly torn
« on: March 21, 2009, 10:35:00 AM »
Anyone ever have some kind of bicep  problem.  What did you do?  Surgery or rest.  Need some info.

Bill

Offline WOUNDED EAGLE

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: bicep muscle slightly torn
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 11:51:00 AM »
Have it fixed, its going to get worse and if it snaps it even harder to fix. My right one snaped from the shuulder when my rotator cuf blo out in 2001 major repare.
  If yours is from the bottom its worse to fix and rehab is long and might have limited use of arm later
 Best wishes.
Wounded Eagle

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »
Bill,
It depends on where the tear is, and the extent of it.  Was it diagnosed on MRI?  I would get a consultation from an orthopaedic surgeon, if it was me.  Good luck and don't take any chances.

Offline Don Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »
Not enough info to know what to do. Tears of the long head of the biceps muscle are fairly common and look funny--they make the arm look like it belongs to Popeye. However, they rarely require surgical repair and lead to surprisingly little loss of strength/function. Biceps tendonitis is another common archery related problem that usually responds well to conservative therapy. Complete tendon tears are a more serious matter--and much rarer. See a competent physician for a definitive opinion. Don

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 03:03:00 PM »
any way to prevent, reoccurance of bicep tendonitis?  I had a bad case this last fall, that took quite a bit of time to heal up.

I was wondering what can be done or consideration for preventing this happening again?

Thank you

Offline Avid Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 06:19:00 PM »
Maxwell, go see your family doctor. I tore the head of my bicep, where it attaches to the shoulder. I was advised by my doc not to shoot for six weeks, or do anything else with that arm for that matter. I'm shooting again now and feel fine. Go get a doctors opinion and listen to thier advice!

Offline Dartwick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 07:35:00 PM »
I think this is one for a doctor not a forum.
Wherever you went - here you are.

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 09:25:00 PM »
Thanks guys,  I had an MRI yesterday and will find out whats up on monday.  I looked over the MRI pics because they gave them to me to bring to the doctor.  Lots of pics and absolutely no clue
as to what I saw.  I think it is more to the top of the arm I can lift things, pull my bow but on release it hurts near the top of bicep-alot so I am not shooting at this time.

Bill

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 01:47:00 AM »
Not shooting until you sort things out is a wise move. Get a good doctor and ask how many of these he or she's seen before. Sometimes, experience counts.

And keep active. Go for a walk and stuff.

Good luck with that

sam

Offline Ray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »
Sorry your broken Bill.
 If you need a sub on Thurs    :(    :(

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©