3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: who are are younger archerers?  (Read 1023 times)

Offline eman614

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: who are are younger archerers?
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »
i'm 23 been shooting trad gear since i can remember. i don't know how many carp and gar or rats i've shot, but i,ve killed one whitetail doe one wild hog, and two armidillos. shot a 62# canebreak by jeffrey bows last year. this year i made my own 56# d/r long bow. so far her and i have been schooled three time by turkeys, including once this morning and twice yesterday.

Offline Str8Shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2009, 09:39:00 PM »
I'm 26. Started shooting when I was 20 with traditional equipment. First couple years of hunting was just me enjoying the woods, not very serious about it. The last few years I've been more into hunting hard but I have a growing family (baby #3 due in less than a month) so hunting takes a backseat. I've harvested deer, pigs, small game, working on a turkey (rotten turkeys...).

Lately I've been really interested in the various types of target archery. Been doing different shoots and competitions because I just love shooting. I can't always hunt but I can always find some way to shoot when I have time.

Chris

Offline Boone the Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »
some real cool guys, tradtusker I'd say that's the kind of gang we could use more of in this world, i'm 24 and glad i got into trad hunting before to much of life went by, last year was my first year, shot 4 deer 9 woodchucks a handful of squirrels and rabbits and more carp and gar than i could count (love bowfishing) with my 50# whisperstik that JD made me, I agree with Str8Shooter I really just love shooting any time i can.
Love the Lord, love your wife and kids, work hard, hunt harder

Offline kasey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2009, 10:32:00 PM »
i am 22 a hog and small game

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »
I'm 18 and currently have only gotten a squirrel with a trad bow and am currently shooting a dryad orion td longbow, my buddy and me are gonna try hogs and turkeys in a couple weeks
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline UnderControl16

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2009, 10:38:00 PM »
I'm 16 and I started doing Trad archery about 5 months ago making my own long bows and arrows. I'm working on a backed bow right now that i hope will be 70" 45# @ 28 and after that i want to make a 100#, right now i only have made a quant 15#. I only target/stump shoot.

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2009, 11:36:00 PM »
Some fine young men...and women on here!  Congrats and good job to you all.  

My sons are not computer guys at all, but they both hunt.   My son Boone is 23 and has taken elk and deer.  My son Kory is 20 and has killed a couple fine bull elk, many whitetails and 4 turkeys, along with numerous small game from rock chucks, to gophers, to grouse.   Both shoot longbows and selfbows in the mid-sixties to seventy pound range.  

David...shooting that Bridger Mtn. longbow, my favorite longbow and at my favorite length and poundage.  My son Boone shoots the same settup.

Tradtusker....a great bunch of buddies you guys seem to be.  - Mark Baker
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline Boone the Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2009, 11:56:00 PM »
Mark you have a son named Boone who's 23 and you live in Montana! we should be friends lol
Love the Lord, love your wife and kids, work hard, hunt harder

Offline michael kavouklis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2009, 12:01:00 AM »
Setup: Bear Grizzly 60@28, Gold Tip arrow 575 total
Trad kills: only tree rats at the moment as I have only had one chance to take the bow in the woods and came up short shooting at some rabbits

Offline john fletch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2009, 01:21:00 AM »
The whole family is going to staff at Boy Scout Summer Camp this year and I will run the Rifle Range and my middle son the Archery.  I got them some good recurves a few years ago.  There was talk about adding some compunds.  I told them over my dead body!  I want to teach the bows to shoot first before they go on to trigger and sights.

I truly hope to get a few boys interested in traditional archery the way I was with Scouts.  I am making sure that they have good equipment and instruction.  I have also been assured that all electronic devices will be left at home.  Hooooray for a week in the woods!
Instructor BSA NCS certified

Offline MOstate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2009, 10:00:00 AM »
Im 15 as well and so far I've only gotten a few squrriels with my bow. Missed a doe and turkey during bow season this year and just came back from a weekend of coyote hunting with nothing.
My set up is 30in 6075 CX Terminators with a 140-165grn heads.
Or
31 in CX Heritage, 100grn inserts, 140-165grn heads.
Fred Bear Grizzly 55@28 and I think I'm around a 29 1/2 draw so whatever that is.
Fred Bear Grizzly #55
"so, have you gotten anything with your bow without sights?" - Grandma

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2009, 10:12:00 AM »
I will be 28 this summer and have killed a deer, 2 turkeys and lots of other small game with trad, gave up the compound about 3 years ago.  You are way ahead of me Bro, keep it up!!

I am impressed to say the least at some of our youger members, you guys are some killing machines!!  Hats off to you all!!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Gehrke145

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »
25 here, been shooting trad bows since I was 10.  Shot 2 elk,5 muledeer, a few doz whitetails, a doz or so hogs, 8 turkey, some exotic sheep,2 coyotes, and a ton of small game.  Shot a compound off and on until last year.  Shot a ton more animals with that, just got burnt out on wheels.

Offline LONGBOWKID

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2009, 05:28:00 PM »
16 Here, numerous small game and varmint animals taken, and I have missed my share, and a couple other peoples worth of deer and hogs.

Shooting a 66#@29" Kodiak Magnum, or a 60#@29" Turkey Creek Longbow, 30" CX 250's, and 250 grain Wensel Woodsmans up front for a little over 700 grains total.

The Kid
Turkey Creek Longbows
60" 46#@29"
62" 51@29"
62" 61#@29"
62" 77#@29"

Holm-Made Osprey
60" 67#@29"

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2009, 06:13:00 PM »
im 25 been shooting trad. for about 2 1/2 years.  killed 1 cotton mouth.
pse kudu 58" 55@28
custom londbow from elkninja, 62" 56@28
great northern critter gitter 64" 65@28
have i not commanded you? be strong and of good courage;be not afraid or discouraged:for the Lord your God is with you where ever you go. joshua 1:9

Offline NewbeTrad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »
Im 25 and the last year in 2008 was my first hunting season ever becides hunting phesant with my fater.  But i took a whitetail on my second time out ever and i had a Martin ML-18 it was 68" 58@28 and i shot 2018 legacys with 125 magnus brodhead.  Im freckin addicated i love TRAD its awsome!!!!! IM addicated to woodies now! I love making arrows!
May your arrows fly true.

Offline Christov84

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2009, 09:31:00 PM »
Im 25yo hailing from Canberra, Australia. Been into archery for about a year or so, trad all the way and hopefully my hunting career will kickstart this year or next.  

I shoot a 46# Predator recurve and have just recently purchased a 70# ACS CX longbow.

Offline SKYLER W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2009, 10:49:00 PM »
I'm 13 and will be 14 in April. I have killed 5 hogs, lot's of small game and love to bowfish. I missed 3 whitetails this year.  :banghead:   I shoot recurves and longbows but mainly shoot my Ancient Spirits Kadiak 48@26". I shoot Easton 500 Full Metal Jackets and 250 grain Wensel Woodsman. Several of my friends shoot with me in tournaments and I've recently gotten my uncle into trad archery. Traditional Archery is a big part of our life. We hunt and/or shoot tournaments year round. This is a cool thread....Skyler [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k209/rickybob_2006/CIMG1956.jpg[/IMG
TGMM Family of the Bow

Speak softly and carry a Big Stick; You will go far.

Offline SKYLER W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2009, 10:56:00 PM »
TGMM Family of the Bow

Speak softly and carry a Big Stick; You will go far.

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2009, 11:01:00 PM »
Great Pics Skyler
looking forward to catching up with you and your dad now that Robs heading for Ten, ill have to get down there and visit him.
You'l have to show me how to get one of my bows set up for Bowfishing
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©