3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: White Elephant Dead Beats  (Read 811 times)

Offline Boneyard Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
White Elephant Dead Beats
« on: March 22, 2009, 09:00:00 PM »
I think all the people who got into the White Elephant swap and didn't send anything or get in touch with the person they agreed to send to, have broken an agreement. What do you think should be done?
The size of the horns don,t matter
as long as it has a good tale.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: White Elephant Dead Beats
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 09:02:00 PM »
Boneyard....what do you think should be done?....I'm seriously asking.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »
I can understand not sending anything yet, we all get busy or maybe have plans to make something for someone....

But that said....If a guy hasn't even got in touch with who they're supposed to send something to, or is ignoring any contact with them....them maybe something should be done....but like Terry said...What?
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 09:13:00 PM »
call em out

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »
and ban them from future white elephants AND giveaways

Offline rascal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 09:26:00 PM »
I participated in the white elephant this year for the first time and it all went off without a hitch for my part, glad it did because it was a lot of fun.  I would like to point out that perhaps a bit of leniency could be shown this year, I personally know of several people this year since the white elephant was started that have lost their jobs.  Might be a bit embarassing to admit that for some and the obligations to family put a serious strain on charity and fun.

I know this might not be the case for all the individuals that didnt send or make contact but it could be for quite a few.
Hunt fair, hunt hard, no regrets.

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 09:33:00 PM »
This is just my opion but the White Elephant is just a friendly give away. It is all on the honor system, nobody paid for any thing. If you sent your item to someone you made that person feel good and made a friend. If someone intentionaly did not send something then i feel sorry for that person and the way they were raised. I know if i did something like that and my mother found out she would drive over here and put one up side my head and im 51 years old.

What im trying to say is it is a friendly exchange between friends and nobody actualy owes anyone anything but its to bad that some we call friends here would not follow through.

With all that said i dont know what could be done. I just know that i would not want to be one of those guys and then end up in a hunting camp and come face to face with some White Elephant guys, that would be embarrassing and you would feel like a fool.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 09:44:00 PM »
Unless you paid and got ripped off, no need to call anyone out and embarass them.
I say let it go.
Without knowing, your giving of a white elephant was worth more then you'll ever know.
Rewards come others ways.
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 09:48:00 PM »
Well said, King.  :thumbsup:

Offline freeman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 09:48:00 PM »
It's a shame we're even having to discuss this. I'd say treat it like any other rip-off.  I say we don't need these kind of people around...

Offline Jesse Minish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2009, 09:49:00 PM »
wtpops "I just know that i would not want to be one of those guys and then end up in a hunting camp and come face to face with some White Elephant guys, that would be embarrassing and you would feel like a fool."

If they were in my camp it would be more like an A*$ whipping and not just them feeling like a fool or embarrassed.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 09:50:00 PM »
Rascal, WT, and Jim, Good points....
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2009, 09:52:00 PM »
You know, no one knows what circumstances are responsible. Heck no one ever knows what they get until it arrives.
I think instead of calling them out, have a mod discreetly contact them to find out the details. If that doesnt work or the circumstances arent dire enough, then maybe further steps like banning from future events would help.

It is something meant to be fun, sad that some havent had that experience. I for one had a great time...Im truly sad for those that didnt.

Worse case scenario...you arent out anything you didnt want to give away anyway.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2009, 09:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by Guru:
Rascal, WT, and Jim, Good points....
I was thinking the same thing myself

but Jamie makes a good suggestion, not to put more on the Mods,  but not a bad suggestion to find out the whole story.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2009, 10:51:00 PM »
I was one of the people who didnt get anything And for a first time Participant I was a bit dissappointed.  NOT beacuse I was looking For a Gift or a FREE handout But because some took advantage of the System and that IRK's $#!+ out of me.    :banghead:  
 I did not contact the person who didnt hold up his end of the bargain, and I'm not going to.  I'm not that Childish.  If someone else wants to call them out on a list thats their Business.  I'm just glad I could make someone else smile.

Offline Jesse Minish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 10:56:00 PM »
Get the whole story. Like what? Could they not afford to send what they received in the White Elephant to the person behind them? I am broke as a I ever have been and have been selling stuff like crazy to pay bills. IF I participated in the exchange I sure as heck could have found something to send as my responsibility that I agreed to in the joining White Elephant.

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 11:03:00 PM »
imo this doesnt need to be publicly discussed, if you didnt recive something and are sour over it, you have thier name and adress, contact them yourself, yeah its wrong to say something and not do it, the gang is getting pretty big, have to expect such things to happen more and more,  
the more fish in the pond the more parisites,  at least these are just playing the elephant and not the classifides

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 11:05:00 PM »
Jesse, with all due respect, you have stuff to sell....some may not. Life is way too short to wish pain and injury on someone for either not sending it forward on purpose or due to any number of circumstances that life may bring.

Of all the things I have seen on Trad Gang, disrespect wasnt ever one of them, no matter what. No sense in getting riled up...if someone is that upset, let them bring it to the mods, or let it be, their choice.

Again, no disrespect intended in anyway. No sense in judging people if we dont know the "facts".

Anyone that didnt get their white elephant, shoot me a pm, I will send something out. Might not be much, but I will do what I can.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2009, 11:08:00 PM »
im with you ishi, i have some stuff that would just go next year, whoo needs it.

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2009, 11:10:00 PM »
I have more elephants at my house too!!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©