3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: White Elephant Dead Beats  (Read 813 times)

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: White Elephant Dead Beats
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2009, 11:10:00 PM »
Tell you what Jamie the Gesture is nice enough.. Thanks.. But I need for nothing. I'm not that bitter,,

Offline Jesse Minish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2009, 11:12:00 PM »
ishiwannabe, IMO if they have a computer and can pay for the internet then I would be willing to bet they have some broadheads a knife a hunting video or just one little something that they could send. Or like I stated already they could just send what they received it is that simple.

Offline RightTrailWrongTime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2009, 11:12:00 PM »
I sent mine a little late but after sending a PM my package had been recieved and i got a "thankyou I'll try to post later" response, so at least I knew it got there and the guy appreciated it, he just never posted on the thread.
I recieved a package and thought the whole experience was pretty good. As far as calling the people out...mmm gosh I'm not sure but what a crappy thing to do to recieve and not give when you sign up is unacceptable and maybe through private channels those that failed to hold up their end of the elephant shouldn't be allowed to participate in the next one.
Honestly, I am shocked that this is even a topic after being on here all this time and experiencing tradgang from all different angles, I guess I thought traditional people were different. This must be the 1% of folks who always tarnish a good thing. I don't care what peoples excuses are if I, going through all that has been going on in my life can get a package out to a fellow tradganger than everyone should have had a great experience.
 This is a community of folks who enjoy the experience of archery the traditional way- we talk about all facets of it, each day around a virtual campfire sharing opinions, experiences, knowledge, success, failure, etc... no one should have the audacity to violate that. I've met some of the greatest people I've ever known on this site and 100% of my dealings here have been without issue and I am forever greatful. Clean it up or get out.
Todd
ONLY IN THE WOODS AND FIELDS DO I FEEL ALIVE, LIKE A HUNTER FROM TIMES PAST, ALTHOUGH THE HISS OF MY ARROW GOES FORTH, I AM TAKEN BACK, IT IS MY ESCAPE...

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2009, 11:57:00 PM »
IMO,,,and its just that, my opinion,,,,if times are tough ( and believe me I know tough times) All they had to do was send somethin as simple as an old TBM, an IOU of sorts or really just a letter explaining and expressing best wishes till things turn around.

It didnt have to amount to anything, just the gesture, which they took advantage of IMO

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 12:38:00 AM »
I thought it was a blast myself. I thought I was lucky to be part of it.

The arrows I recieved I couldn't use, but I got to make a smile on a boys face down the road (he loved them). I love the shirts I got, but that's not the part I was in it for.....I loved the giving.

All I think is that the person should have e-mailed a note to the person and said something. No contact isn't right by my books.

Everyone has the capacity to forgive and forgive we would, but no contact...well I don't by it myself. Your word is your word is what I was taught and if things change you talk about it. That is the least ppl expect.

For my part I wish we could have another. I have some really cool things to give away.

People have great hearts for giving mostly and I wouldn't want this to blow out of proportion so this is my gift to you all.

If you didn't recieve something PM me - I would love to send some more gifts out..please let me play Santa Clause again.

You don't even have to feel sheepish about it. Just pm me and say you didn't recieve anything along with an address and I will get something out to you asap. I know my gift took a bit to get to alaska even from the yukon...dogsled delivery probably but it got there.

Jer Bear

Offline john fletch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009, 01:15:00 AM »
Had the same thing happen on a Christmas gift exchange on anoth forum I belong to.  Same few rotten apples, same typical reposnes from the members.

Unfortuantely we are dealing with cyberspace here and not good friends around the campfire or the living room table.  There are predators out there and you can be ripped off.

I for one can forgive, but I will not forget, and if they are known, I think Officials of the organization or Forum should call them out by letter or pm and ban them from further participation in such events unless they pay up and appologize with remorse.  If there were unforseeable circunstances I believe they would have made that known to the intended recipiant or a forum director.

I makes the good folk wary of trusting in the future knowing there are those out there who can't be trusted.  By the way GOD is watching you!
Instructor BSA NCS certified

Offline JOKER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2009, 07:32:00 AM »
I think the white elephant is a fun thing and I look forword to it every year. For the deadbeats that went back on their word and took that fun away from another tradganger, All I have to say is SHAME ON YOU!!!   "[dntthnk]"

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2009, 08:20:00 AM »
Personally I don't think people should be publicly called out unless the individual circumstances are known.   There are a lot of legitimate reasons why a gift was not sent.

On the other hand I cannot think of to many reasons a msg could not have been sent notifying the recipient of the situation or offering an IOU of sorts.   That could easily be done via internet or snail mail.

And as Joker said:  
For the deadbeats that went back on their word and took that fun away from another tradganger, All I have to say is SHAME ON YOU!!!
Just my $0.02
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline just_a_hunter

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2009, 08:44:00 AM »
Let me tell you all how somebody feels that is nothing more then a 3rd party in the matter as I didn't participate.

Getting on the pow-wow and complaining about it (in my eyes) is the worst thing you can do if you want this to go down next year.

The fine folks that run this site have enough to worry about and pawning any thing to do with the white elephant off on them (yes, there isn't a thread that doesn't go un-moderated) is more responsiblilty they should be responsible for. In fact, I guarantee there are mods right now wondering what to do with this thread.

I personally say, lets ask a mod to take a few seconds and lock this thread down now. If you/we can't police ourselves on a few things, the good things are going to get shut down because it HAS to be moderated.

John Wayne taught me a saying that holds true, "I don't mean to sound like a bible beater yelling up a revival at a river crossing camp meet, but that don't change the truth any. A man has two choices. You do the one, you'll go on living. You do the other, you might be walking around but you're dead as a beaver hat."

Let this go so you/we can enjoy this next year. Like above, if somebody feels cheated, send me your addy so I can send you something. Let's police ourselves and lock this down.

Todd
"Before you get down on yourself  because you don't have the things you want, think of all the things you DON'T want that you don't have."

You'll notice the "luckiest" elk hunters have worn out boots.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2009, 08:48:00 AM »
Todd you just put into words exactly what I've been thinking since this thread started.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2009, 08:59:00 AM »
I wasn't involved in the White Elephant, but I'll weigh in anyway. This was supposed to be a fun thing, why get ticked off?? Feces occurs, we can't know anothers' situation, unless they tell us. Is it really that important that someone didn't even respond? If someone doesn't let you into their lane on the road what do you do?  Probably cuss a little bit, think bad thoughts about the person, and get on with your life. It shouldn't be blown out of proportion. It's just like shipping a bow to someone and never getting a rsponse from them that it arrived, inconsiderate and thoughtless, but not life altering.  Just consider the source, some people have been that way all their lives and "calling them out" won't change anything.  Most of us were raised better than that. If it is that upsetting, You contact them, the moderators have plenty enough to do without asking someone why they didn't respond to the W.E.

Phil
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2009, 09:05:00 AM »
I'm still waiting to hear what Boneyard thinks should be done.  He started this thread, and I'd like for him to answer.......Please hold all responsed till he does.  Thanks.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2009, 11:03:00 AM »
:readit:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »
Regardless if someone else made the choice to do the "wrong thing" if you participated and did the "right thing" take some satisfaction in that. None of us knows what is in someone else's heart...

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"  Luke 6:31  

These words were written in red.
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2009, 12:24:00 PM »
ttt
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2009, 12:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by Terry Green:
I'm still waiting to hear what Boneyard thinks should be done.  He started this thread, and I'd like for him to answer.......Please hold all responsed till he does.  Thanks.
:readit:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Boneyard Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2009, 07:04:00 PM »
I guess there are mixed feelings about this. I don't know what should be done. I think if I had a problem with an exchange I would contact the person.
My word is important to me. I don't care about what I didn't get. I do wonder what will happen in a situation where more substantial exchanges take place. What should be done? I don't think there should be a black list or that people should be hung by the toes. The reason I started this was I hope some of the people who didn't send would see what other members think.
The size of the horns don,t matter
as long as it has a good tale.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2009, 07:30:00 PM »
I think it took me about two years to get my White Elephant stuff to Sticshooter and Shell. I was talking with them both during that time, and they got some excellent stuff ( :readit:    

Killdeer    :wavey:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2009, 07:56:00 PM »
I say LET IT GO the ones that didn't send anything know who they are and they have to live with that.

Ranger 3  "[dntthnk]"
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2009, 08:05:00 PM »
It has not been that long since the "white elephant" thread ended. I believe it ended on february 16. What is ashame is the level of violence that was exhibited in some of the responses. There was one person that threatened physical violance?? WTH if things are going to get like that then you can count me out, as I'm not going to be threatened about a give away
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©