3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad with a ghillie suit  (Read 1235 times)

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad with a ghillie suit
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »
Originally posted by jimneye:
Fireman did you make any alterations?
Yes...I trimmed a bit off the left chest, and left upper arm area, plus 3-4 strands or so, in front of my right eye...I put it all on, went out to my target, and started shooting! Trimming away here and there, shot standing, kneeling, sittin on a bucket, and even out of a treestand. I do use an armguard as well.
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2007, 08:51:00 AM »
Originally posted by Brian Krebs:
I know that shot felt good. Nice shot fireman!!
And I can still hear the little "snap", when that Magnus 4 blade plowed thru that rib!!!!
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline jack benson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2007, 09:50:00 AM »
I have a ghillie in progress, but got a good deal on an anorak style on the internet. Mostly synthetic strings, but some material also. The materials are tied onto a wide mesh netting, and I did not find it too hot and was large enough to layer under it in cold weather. The mesh allowed addition of more natural materials.

I found that I was able to shoot without having to cut any of the strings/material. I did modify it by making and sewing a small pouch in the chest area and "slash accesses" on the sides so I could reach pockets and necessities stored on myself.

I still hunt to where I want to set up, and knowing that it hangs up easily, try to avoid narrow openings...but going real slow, I can get most places in relative quiet and ease.
Without geometry, life is pointless.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©