3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Your experience with Saluki?  (Read 962 times)

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
Your experience with Saluki?
« on: March 23, 2009, 04:16:00 PM »
I've been looking around for some great bows, and i've read that Salukis crafts some great recurve bows, especially Asian style bows. But I couldn't really find any reviews on their products on the forum.

My whole concern is... which fabricant do you believe craft the best Asian style recurve bows for the price? I'm new to the whole archery business, so I would really appreciate any answer  :)
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Your experience with Saluki?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 05:16:00 PM »
My Saluki bow had excellent craftsmenship. It was smooth to draw and quick for the draw weight. I just couldn't get used to the siyahs and my fear that the bow would not string properly. Thats why I sold it. Other then that Lukas was great to work with, and his bows a great value.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 05:28:00 PM »
I had a great longbow made by him. Shot great and the the quality was first class.

"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 05:49:00 PM »
You will not find a better made asian style bow. and the amount of knowledge and understanding that Lukas puts into his craft is second to none. I have known Lukas for nearly 15 yrs. and I am glad to call him my friend.
The bows are smooth and fast. they are a shooters bow.
Top notch stuff, Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 06:37:00 PM »
Sounds really cool. As far as the reviews go, and what i have read about Lukas... Saluki sounds like a trademark i should go for  :)

Gotta love quality products.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 06:45:00 PM »
Lukas gives you quality and backs it up , you won't find a better bow or bowyer.   :thumbsup:    :notworthy:  Drew
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 07:18:00 PM »
Lukus makes a great bow to what you want . Very smooth and fast . A great piece of workmansip . I have had three now have settled on one only because I went right eye blind . He is a great man to do bussiness with and chat .Hurry up I hear he is moving to Brazil shortly and it will take some time to get his shop running again .  

Good Luck MARK
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline TradPaul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 08:15:00 PM »
I agree with most above, and have to say that it was a pure and simple pleasure to shoot his bows. they are accurate, stable , very fast(but thats not a huge thing to me) Anyway, I dont believe that you cant go wrong with his bows, or his service. He is a one man operation, and is very much a perfectionist. If you call him, do it soon, and tell him Paul says hey.

P.
"Dont let whats good, steal you away from whats best"

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 08:23:00 PM »
haven't gave them a second look since they discontinued the Grandeur's.... the newer bows just ain't my style I guess.

those grandeurs where the nicest bows @ denton hill that year they had them there.
"Us vs Them"

Offline oberon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 08:48:00 PM »
Lukas crafts the finest Asian style bow out there hands down, not inexpensive , but then quality rarely is.  I have just ordered one of his horn bows and plan to also order one of his fiberglass/wood ones a bit later this year after I squirrel away a bit more $$$.
 I have shot quite a few of his pieces of bowyers are and they are all smooth , fast and well crafted.
 Oberon

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 05:54:00 PM »
I'm confused about all the custom availabilities. Even if i choose to buy a non-custom bow (like the Genghis, which i have in mind), can i still choose some of the custom availabilities?

And then... half of the stuff, i'm not even sure what is. Does anyone know a page where i can read/see pictures of the custom availabilities?

Sorry for bothering with all the questions, but it's extremely important to me.

Offline TradPaul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »
You can add any custom option to any bow, unless it says otherwise. As for the custom options that you havent seen, name a few and that will help us find them for you. It's good that you are seeking your options, I do the same thing.

P.

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 06:44:00 PM »
Actually, after a little more looking into things, i was able to get a hang of most of it, except...

Inlay (on handle riser)?

and then...

which kind of custom wood is ideal? I don't know much about wood, so a little advice would do great. Could be, that some sorts are better than others, for a specific part of the bow   :)

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 06:45:00 PM »
(double post)

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 06:53:00 PM »
For the woods you can ask yourself... Do I like a dark riser or a light riser? Fancy figure or plain jane? Light or heavy? Lukas can offer you choices based on your likes and wants. His combinations are great and are sure to please you.
   Decide what you like in a bow and ask more questions here, and people will help you with the choices.
   Good luck, Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 11:16:00 AM »
So when i submit my order, is it possible for me to explain in detail, how i want the bow to look?

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 01:01:00 PM »
I have tried a number of horsebows but Saluki makes them for western style shooting and that's what I want. I've tried the thumbring and shooting off the other side of the bow, but I like a shelf. Lucas's bows are fast, well made, and backed by a guy who will work with you. They have my recommendation.

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 01:25:00 PM »
Alot of satisfied costumers in here. Just convinces me more and more.

How long does the delivery usually take, anyone knows? Not that long delivery bothers me, but it would be nice to hear about some other buyers experiences  :)

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 05:10:00 PM »
What's your take on shooting without an arrow shelf? Will the friction reduce my accuracy, when the feathers glance my hand during the release?

Any personal experiences? Thank you   :)

Offline TradPaul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 08:25:00 PM »
For your first question about delivery time. I have heard that if you order soon, he may be able to beat his time of 8 months due to him moving to brazil, I know that he want to get all of his orders out before then.

shooting off the shelf is a different animal...at least it was for me. I found that shooting instictive was fine, I just had to get used to the difference. The only difference I can think of would be that your arrow does alittle more bending (archers paradox) with out a shelf that with, due to the bow not being center cut the arrow will have to travel around the bow...again I'm no expert.
   Arrows are an easy fix you just need to trim them and taper them well. Email Lukas, and ask your heart out, he is in brazil now doing a clinic, but will be back in a few weeks. Good luck.

P.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©