3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Masters of the Bare Bow vol.3 whos seen it.  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Doug in MI

• Trad Bowhunter
Masters of the Bare Bow vol.3 whos seen it.
« on: March 23, 2009, 10:52:00 PM »
I got Masters of the Bare Bow vol.3 today.
It realy complements the other two videos and was the info I have been looking for. I have read some of the stuff they have discussed in magazines or on the web but to actualy see it just makes this dvd worth every penny.

I realy liked the part where Denny Sturgis jr showed how his shooting form has changed from the way he shot before. I dont know how long it him took to find all the right changes and put them together?But it looked like he  was happy with the results.

Also the bloopers were good also. To see Ron LaClare talking like a chipmunk was one of my favorites but there were alot more good ones to see.
Thanks Denny & Darryl  

Who else has seen it and whats your favorite part?
Team Hoots
Lil Hoot 55#@27
Black Widow SAIII 55#@27

Offline EricW

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Masters of the Bare Bow vol.3 whos seen it.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 11:00:00 PM »
Just finished watching the 1st 2 parts. I'll watch the target panic and rest tomorrow night. To much info to take in all at once. Great video and great addition to the 1st 2. Takes the shot to a deaper level.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 11:12:00 PM »
I just got a chance to watch it today. I agree there's some really good information that is well explained.

As for the fast forward segment that makes me sound like a chipmunk,     :p     I think that's where I was commenting that I thought Denny needed a chest protector instead of a stance change....and how he should warn people when he's going to take off his hat in the bright sunlight....     :knothead:    ....     :thumbsup:   ...     :archer:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 11:30:00 PM »
Made me laugh, Ron.  Good one!!  :notworthy:
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 05:38:00 AM »
No doubt about it. When Ron and Denny get together, something funny is bound to happen! :)
N/A

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 09:24:00 AM »
I liked the blooper descriptions of body parts and the use of kerosene...?  :biglaugh:  

On a more serious note, there was a few things that I am looking forward to incorporating into my practice time. Good stuff.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 04:59:00 PM »
Ron...I tried to discourage Denny from doing that "chipmunk" bit  :D  he said something about blaming it all on Darryl.  :biglaugh:
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline TNstickn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 05:46:00 PM »
Great videos!!  :thumbsup:
Pick a spot.>>>>-------> Shoot straight.

Offline AllenR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 05:51:00 PM »
IMHO, This is the best of the three MOBB videos. Both Rod & Larry give a lot of tips on how to really develop your shot.  

Rod's description of how to build your shot by letting the bow tell you what you should do is excellent.  

This video is going to help me a lot with my shooting.

Thanks guys,
Allen

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 06:00:00 PM »
I got to see it last week, IMO it is the best of the three.  There is some very solid information in there for anybody to better their shooting.   The practice and form segements were excellent!!dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline Stump Buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 12:32:00 AM »
I just bought all three videos and can't express how happy I am with this purchase(It was far and away some of the best money I ever spent in archery equipment)!!!!  After a couple years off, I am going to start ALL OVER AGAIN and incorporate much of the techniques found in this DVD series to find MY new shooting style. I asked Mr. Migliorato to name my Mohawk longbow "The Rekindling". It's the perfect name! Because of these videos, I am more EXCITED about shooting longbows than I ever was!!!!

To Darryl, Denny and EVERYONE else who contributed to this series, I sincerely THANK YOU!!!!

All the best to all in TradGang,

Mike
In the wind, he's still alive...

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 08:44:00 AM »
I like Denny's slick look. He looks tough but I could still make him tap out.

I was watching it with my Grandaughters and when Ron's face showed up at the end, they started crying. What's up with that?
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 08:52:00 AM »
Originally posted by Stump Buster:
I am more EXCITED about shooting longbows than I ever was!!
Stump....that's what its all about! A measure of excitement, a bit of work ,and a plan is a sure recipe for SUCESS!

The thing I love most about coaching is helping create excitement in archery!
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 09:28:00 AM »
I was watching it with my Grandaughters and when Ron's face showed up at the end, they started crying. What's up with that?  
Biggie, I've always had that effect on the Ladies...   :biglaugh:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Larry Yien

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 11:57:00 AM »
I finally got my hands on a copy and watched it yesterday, great job Rod, Denny and Darryl,and the rest of the masters.  It was fun hanging out with Denny and Darryl when we were taping the session.  

I liked Rod's system of coaching letting the bow's reaction being the proof in the puddin.  That's a great "pearl".

Denny's section on how he has digested all the information from MBB and how it has affected his shooting is Great.  I applaud Denny for trying out some of the concepts, we can all work towards mastering the barebow.  All the shots on Critters was cool too!

It was interesting to see the master's take on Target Panic.  Rich Niblock's short on the clicker was good and that wall of his was impressive, WOW!

Those bloopers were funny, HEY  Ron when and why did you separate from Alvin, Simon and Theodore?  Do you still keep in touch with them?

My favorite part of the dvd was the "BAM!" section, my son and I were saying bam while watching Denny shoot.
PBS Regular Member Life
TGMM

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 12:44:00 PM »
Well Larry I can see that your usual serious demeanor has been affected by your exposure to Denny and Darryl...     :rolleyes:   ...     :D  

Those guys are doing a great service to the traditional archery community with their Masters series. Giving great instruction from some of the more experienced archers and throwing in a little humor for entertainment.

Speaking of humor, with Dennys new bald look have you noticed the resemblance to Curly of the Three Stooges?      :smileystooges:  ....    :biglaugh:

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 02:04:00 PM »
Ron, I begged and pleaded with Darryl not to put you in the outtakes, but he wouldn't listen.   :)  

I didn't realize that Curly was a killing machine.

:saywhat:  

Thanks again for all the support folks. I'm leaving in the morning to practice my new Bamm! technique in Argentina.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 02:36:00 PM »
I been shooting Tradbows for a long time and I have learned from the first two but have not watched the third yet. I converted to 3 under last year and my shooting on critters has very much improved.I`ve killed the last 31 of 34 big game critters I`ve shot at. Thats a drastic improvement for me. The tips on the movies were priceless.

Denny don`t let`m hack on you about no hair. I`m like that as well ,,,its a gift from God.RC

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 03:13:00 PM »
Ron, Denny, Rod, Larry...maybe the 4 Stooges...  ;)  Instead of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour we could have the Traditional Archer's Comedy Tour...well maybe not.

Thanks you guys for putting these videos together. This Vol.3 has really helped me in my practice time. Good stuff!
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 04:42:00 PM »
Thanks Guy's!

I always enjoy watching and learning from Larry Yien...and the BAM killin spree was incredible   :D
2004 IBO World Champion

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©