3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Masters of the Bare Bow vol.3 whos seen it.  (Read 2356 times)

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Masters of the Bare Bow vol.3 whos seen it.
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 11:03:00 PM »
MBB 3 Trailer

2004 IBO World Champion

Offline Big Sneaky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 11:37:00 PM »
Congratulations on another fine production fellas.  Just finished wathching MBB 3 tonight.  Tons of info in this one.  Thanks for making it!

Cade
Always keep the wind in your face, and an arrow nocked.

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 11:59:00 PM »
Same comments... watched mine today.  Best of the set, IMHO.   I told the guys on the Hill list tonight that if you don't have this set of dvd's, you just aren't serious about improving your shooting.  What a compilation of helpful info.
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline Darryl Quidort

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 09:35:00 AM »
Thanks for your kind words guys.  MOBB3 does contain a lot of good shooting info, thanks to Rod Jenkins, Larry Yien and of course (Mr. Bam!) Denny Sturgis Jr.  We hoped it would help archers improve their shooting...and have fun doing it.

Ron LaClair - Denny is always trying to blame the out takes on me.  You should see the way my dog cocks his head and listens when you do your chipmunk act.

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 10:11:00 AM »
Loved the video!!   I don't care how much someone knows, there is always something to learn; something that can be gleamed by hearing someone else's point of view on things.

Every time I watch these videos it makes me think of something new to try or to work on.  Great job to all involved.   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2009, 09:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by Darryl Quidort:

Ron LaClair - Denny is always trying to blame the out takes on me.  You should see the way my dog cocks his head and listens when you do your chipmunk act.
Darryl...you know I do believe as soon as Denny thinks up one of the outtakes, he has someone in mind to place the blame on.  :biglaugh:
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline tramp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2009, 04:29:00 PM »
sounds like a good vides
will have to get them

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »
I was quite surprised when I viewed MBB III last night.  I had thought it would probably be more of the same from I and II, which would have been fine too, but I wondered how they were going to come up with enough new stuff to make it worthwhile.

But MBB III is quite different from I & II.  Goes into quite a bit more depth on form.  It left me with more to think about than I and II, and I'll probably re-watch III more times than I will I and II.

I found III to be quite liberating in its discussion of form styles.  There is no straight-jacket bunch of rules there; it explains quite well how different forms might fit different people, and how to figure out what elements of form will best suit you.  It even illustrates how totally different and opposing mental images of the shooting process might work well for different people.

Great job, guys!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2009, 05:34:00 PM »
I have watched it a couple of times already. Great instructional video. All I can say is BAM!!!   :biglaugh:  

Bill

Offline mlmealey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2009, 06:56:00 PM »
Hi Guy's i'm ordering mine today see you at Compton
IBA life member
PBS regular member
Compton TB member

Offline INBowfisher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2009, 07:13:00 PM »
I have bought the first two and have just ordered the third. The information I have gained is invaluable. Since I'm a self taught archer/hunter (no family influence)it's helping me shorten the learning curve. My personally thanks to Darryl and Denny for putting together these video's and to all the archer's who gave me insight. Hopefully I will be able to put it to good use!
Bowfishing Assocation of IL
Bowfishing Assocation of America
I.W.L.A

Offline Darryl Quidort

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »
McDave - Thank you for your input.  You are exactly right.  

MBB 1 and 2 give the viewer an overview of many different shooting styles, aiming methods and equipment choices of a variety of archers.  

MBB 3 is much more in depth on helping an archer understand his own shooting sequence, find his own best form and learn how to perfect his own shot.

Many thanks to those who have taken the time to share their shooting expertise with us.

Rod - I think Denny has a weird sense of humor. LOL

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2009, 09:34:00 AM »
darryl, did you learn anything from denny's one on one lesson at the end of the outakes?  "get that elbow BACK BACK BACK!!!"
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline TSP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2009, 05:22:00 PM »
I have vol. I and II and was half-thinking of getting III, but wanted some user feedback first. So thanks, this is a very timely thread.  

Based on the short clip shown earlier the shooting methods emphasized appear to stress a  target shooting style (vertical bow, upright stance, prolonged anchor, exaggerated release, etc.).  There's no coverage of the Hill style or using Hill-style bows/arrows/theory/etc.   True?  If it is covered, what percentage (ballpark) of the video covers it?  I've nothing against formal target shooting and most of archery is fascinating for me, but I do have to admit that Olympic style instructional shooting isn't high on my video interest list.  

For anyone who shoots Hill bows, Hill style and has seen the video, what is your honest opinion of the subject matter?  Thanks in advance.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2009, 05:31:00 PM »
was that trick photography shooting into that yellowjacket target? oh, so thats why you needed Ron LaClair!!!!    :wavey:        :wavey:        :thumbsup:    I new it all the time!    :D
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2009, 08:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by TSP:
I have vol. I and II and was half-thinking of getting III, but wanted some user feedback first. So thanks, this is a very timely thread.  

Based on the short clip shown earlier the shooting methods emphasized appear to stress a  target shooting style (vertical bow, upright stance, prolonged anchor, exaggerated release, etc.).  There's no coverage of the Hill style or using Hill-style bows/arrows/theory/etc.   True?  If it is covered, what percentage (ballpark) of the video covers it?  I've nothing against formal target shooting and most of archery is fascinating for me, but I do have to admit that Olympic style instructional shooting isn't high on my video interest list.  

For anyone who shoots Hill bows, Hill style and has seen the video, what is your honest opinion of the subject matter?  Thanks in advance.
you can shoot a bow hacked of an osage sapling, or you can shoot a compound, release aid, and drop away rest, and still priceless info from this video.  no aiming method or shooting methed is stressed or pushed, but each of the 120 minutes is pure information that can apply to any and all shooting and aiming styles.
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline TSP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2009, 08:46:00 PM »
Do you shoot Hill-style, deermaster1?

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2009, 06:35:00 AM »
Mine arrived today! I'll watch it as soon as my Missus finishes with the TV!
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Yohon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »
Outstanding production, if you pay attetnion and apply what Larry and Rod talk about you cant help but see improvement in you shooting...good job guys  :thumbsup:  

As a side note....for a guy that doesnt say much poor Darryl sure does get abused by Denny and Rod   :biglaugh:
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2009, 03:52:00 PM »
Great DVD!

The tips I've been getting from the series have really helped me.  No matter what style you shoot, mastering your shot and working with your bow, will improve your accuracy.

Hill, mastered his shot.  Worked hard at it too.

todd
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©