3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Masters of the Bare Bow vol.3 whos seen it.  (Read 2354 times)

Offline Doug in MI

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Masters of the Bare Bow vol.3 whos seen it.
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2009, 11:25:00 PM »
I've been working on my shooting since I watched this video. I used to have a little trouble with shooting to the left or right but thats gone.

I have changed my grip on the bow and my stance and realy working on back tension and conclusion.I dont have the bad releases or even worry about my release since the back tension was explaned so well. It finaly clicked.
BAM!   :D    :D  
Its working.  :thumbsup:  
Thanks
Team Hoots
Lil Hoot 55#@27
Black Widow SAIII 55#@27

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2009, 11:10:00 AM »
Doug, I love posts like yours. That's what it is all about.

I too feel I am advancing since we videoed my part last September. Can't believe that I don't get bored at the blank bale. I find myself enjoying it. The formaster is also a big help to me.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »
MBB III is the meat-n-taters of the series--the best by far IMO (and I liked I and II).  I think it was a great idea for DSJ to put his segment in telling how, after all these years and all those dead critters, he was able to improve.

I've got to get a Formaster now...........

Chad

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2009, 09:26:00 PM »
Congrats Doug !
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2009, 10:50:00 AM »
I was impressed by Rod and Larry.  Good stuff.  I've been working on my form and my target panic with very good results.  The Form-Master concept has really helped me with the target panic.  It's like it has changed the shot sequence parameters and as such bypassing the section that used to initiate the panic.

Nice work guys!  todd
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Offline Santiam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2009, 01:19:00 PM »
I bought one to see if I could get help on my release...Come to find out,my problem is the same that Denny HAD..."Had" being the key word here..

My hand often flies out the same as where Denny shot the water buffalo...Thanks to the video I can see where I need to get to...

I thought that I only did it every now and then,but realized that I do it all the time,just some times are worse than others..Like what Denny said ,he could mostly keep fairly close to target by muscling the shot...Sometimes I don't though and the shot goes right or even left...

The buck in my avatar is proof of the problem...He has a big ol snuffer hole dead center in the white patch on his throat...Lethal shot,but that was NOT where I was aiming...  :banghead:    :banghead:  

Probably the best money I have spent on archery in quite a while...
Good Arrow Flight   >>>-------->

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2009, 08:39:00 PM »
Oh Santiam, never say it wasn't where you were aiming!   ;)  Hey, with a beautiful buck like that blacktail I'd take it no matter where I shot it! I found that I was sometimes getting in a funk where I would "try" and make a "release" of the string by flinging my fingers off the string. Of course all that did was make me pluck the string and miss the mark! So, combining the hard 2 pt. anchor with continued back tension (still working on that) through conclusion has really helped.  Also, saying "BAMMM!!!" really has helped...ok, it hasn't helped...but it's fun!
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2009, 10:17:00 AM »
Todd, that's awesome! You were already a killing machine. I'm scared now.  :)  

Santiam, We are pleased that you enjoyed the show. Rod and Larry did a great job. No more shanks  :knothead:  

Snag, BAMM!

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2009, 11:27:00 AM »
I have number one and two but not went and got number 3 maybe on day this summer I will pick it up..
Number one and Two where great u guys ROCKS....
Take Care,
Cody
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline Rod Bear

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2009, 09:20:00 PM »
This question is for Denny> I see that you shoot 90% four fletch. You don't see that much any more.Is your hunting set up 4 four inch 4 fletch. Your thoughts on this. Thanks

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2009, 10:56:00 PM »
Hey Rod, Yes the last few years I've been hunting with 4, 4" feathers on 90 degrees. They seem to stabilize broadheads as good as 3 big feathers, but fly quieter, faster and they are more compact. My dad had me hunt with the same combo when I was a kid; so maybe it just feels right too.

I also can shoot the Bi-Delta 4" rainvanes 3 fletch off the shelf with cock feather up and they fly just as good or better. I like the 4 fletch better for nocking without checking the index though.

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2009, 12:09:00 PM »
Just watched it last night , hats off boys. In my opinion the best one yet, the others were good but this one just sorta brought it all home for me, new stuff to play with as well, great job.

Offline saltwatertom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2009, 12:16:00 PM »
I've never seen these videos except for the trailers. I odered all three yesterday and wow my shooting is better already. Should be fantastic when they actually arrive and I get to watch them!

Seriously, I am looking forward to getting these videos and tuning up my style. The reviews have been a good incentive to purchase.
Thanks  all.
"There is always luck about, for those willing to look for it"

Offline Darryl Quidort

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »
Great post, salty!  Made me LOL.  I hope you do enjoy them "when they actually arrive".

Darryl

Offline Markus77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2009, 08:43:00 AM »
I have been shooting less then a year, and I thought I was a decent shooter, not good, but not bad either. After watching this video, nr III, I really got to understand backtension, and pulling with my back. The first day after watching it, and after an hour of blind bale, my arrows flew with a lot more determination and speed, and my bow feels like it has dropped in weight. Now I also enyoy blind bale training, and will make it a daily routine, now that I know what to do when training like that. Many thanks to you who has done it, and be ware Larry, you will have some competition in the world championchip in a couple of years  :)

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2009, 02:35:00 PM »
I just got a copy of MBB3 from Emmily and now I have watched and learned from all three videos, but it’s this year that I hope to have time to put some of it into practice. From years of treestand hunting in extremely cold weather with bulky cloths, I have developed a draw that uses mostly arms that pulls the string out away from my bow arm and chest and then settles back into my face and “soft anchor”. I know that it has worked for me in the past, but experiencing some crucial errors during the past season and on the range has left me wanting to improve.
     I have been working on my form and trying to allow my back and shoulders to carry more of the load at full draw. But now at the end of MBB3, I see where Denny has adopted a similar draw that I had in that pulling out so subtly away from the bow arm clearing the chest and then settling in to his rock solid anchor while shifting his final pull and follow through to his back muscles. I realize that what worked for me for decades wasn’t all that bad. I only need to make sure that the final hold and anchor includes back tension, which as been described by Denny and others as a third anchor point.
   If I work on that and a SOLID anchor on my face, I should be OK and avoid some of the mental breakdowns which have occurred to me lately.
    I look forward to my renewed efforts and improving form. It may not matter to those shooting targets, but my hunting “responsibility can’t be bought”! I must work harder to do better out of respect for the animals I love..
Thank you so much Denny and Darryl for bringing it all together for us. Mike

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2009, 03:33:00 PM »
Just came in the mail today, looked at a bit of it, was suprised at how much Denny S. has changed his style from the video he did with Dan Bertalan. Total makeover...even hair, facial and other wise.....lol. So far it looks to be a good purchase...>>>---------> ron w
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2009, 07:51:00 AM »
Markus77, LOL, we call that trash talkin' over here.  
  :)
 Seroiusly, I can remember Larrry, Ty and Rod all commenting that it was fun to compete with top level archers. Sure they want to beat your score, but they want to beat it when you are at your best; not because you aren't shooting well or having a bad day. Any of the masters would be thrilled to be outscored by someone they helped or coached. That's why they are champions in my book.

Mike, I hope you are getting along OK. I need to call you. Sitka gear sure makes it easier to get extra string clearance  :)  

Ron,LOL a lot of water has went over the dam since then. One thing that hasn't changed is pull,Pull and keep pulling.

Rod and Larry really made MBB3 a great learning tool.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2009, 08:21:00 AM »
Denny, Yes I'm getting along. I plan to put some of that Sitka and those learning tools to a test soon in Manitoba for bear. Thanks!

Offline Markus77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2009, 09:20:00 AM »
Originally posted by Dsturgisjr:
Markus77, LOL, we call that trash talkin' over here.  
   :)  
I´m not sure what trash talking is. Is it like talking bull****?
 I have much respect for the masters who made this dvd, but I sure want to win a world championship. And now I have a tool to get there.
 Archery is of course much more than winning tournaments, but it´s fun to compete to. It´s not legal with bowhunting in Sweden yet. So we compete most of the time, even if some people travel to other countries to hunt. I will to that to when my kids gets older.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©