3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I bet I got more Kanati quivers than John Dill(PICS)  (Read 770 times)

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
I bet I got more Kanati quivers than John Dill(PICS)
« on: March 24, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »
I was out cleaning up my shop this afternoon and every time I turned around, I was putting up another quiver. Mostly Kanatis. It got me to thinking about the first time I met John Dill. It was at a shoot at flattwoods outfitters in Hubert(eastern NC). I had been shooting trad for a long time but just getting into the 3d shoots. My scores were about middle of the pack, but there was always this guy that would win by 20 pts. When a 160 was good enough to win this week, the next this guy would show up and post a 190!!!. I learned a long time ago when I shot NRA high power, that If you want to win, find out what, who's winning is doing and do the same until you find something better.
 well I aproached John that day and inroduced myself. his brother Joe was with him (a lot more fun guy but thats a whole nother story ) and his sweet wife Cindy ( though it was cold and she was wrapped up in a blanket in the truck). I told him I wanted to be a better bare bow shooter and to my surprise, his eyes sparkled and he said he hoped I would be better than he was. No cockyness, no secrets, just as nice a guy as i had ever met that seemed like he really wanted to help me get good enough to someday shoot as good as he did.
  I know this is getting long and off the subject but I bought one of his quivers that day. About 3 years ago. Since then I'd like to think we have become good friends. Though I've never took shooting lessons from him, I have watched like a hawk and asked a ? or two along the way. My quiver collection has grown more than I realized. You know, one for my wifes bow, one for my 3 boy's bows, grandson, etc. you get the point. I counted up today and I put my hands on 13 Kanati quivers. From the very 1st model to the latest bolt on which he GAVE me sunday .
 I know this may sound like I'm sucking up (hell he gives me free quivers LOL) but I don't think you'll do business with a better guy than John or Cindy Dill. Don Batten  pics to follow
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I bet I got more Kanati quivers than John Dill(PICS)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 08:40:00 PM »
oh your killin me with suspence  :banghead:    :banghead:
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »
Here's the whole collection.

I tried to lay them out in the order I got them, but I'm pretty sure the first one pc angle on the left is the very first he ever made. it was on a super 48 that I bought from him.
The one on the small bow on the mid right is a custom 3 arrow that he built for my grandson Taylor and one for his new boy John Davis.( I think he built the bow before the baby was born).

The last 4 pics are of the new limb bolt he gave me sunday. As you can see It's on my go to bow. A 60" 47@28 Rick Welch recurve that I call "Rachel". All so got the antler knobs in the deal. Thanks for looking . Don Batten

Offline stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 08:48:00 PM »
With all those quivers laying on the bed, looks to me like you need more bows !

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 08:54:00 PM »
Thats a good looking bunch of quivers!!!
I would have to agree with stagetek though.
Bill

Offline Bullet_Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »
Hey I need one for my new Black Swan Hybrid.   :archer:   (Hope to be here soon.)
Just in case you don't have any more room.   :biglaugh:
"Quit, don't quit? Noodles, don't noodles? You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present." - Oogway (Kung Fu Panda)

Offline ArrowChucker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 09:09:00 PM »
If you want to get rid of one let me know I'll send you my address.

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »
I got a bow for every one of them. I just sock up the ones I don't shoot that much. I guess you can't have too many bows or kanti's. I agree it is a shame to put all those Schafer's in the closet. LOL DB

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 09:33:00 PM »
Aww man, I only have one Kanati.   :(  

But, that's way better than no Kanati!

Doug
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 09:51:00 PM »
Since you said its good to ask...What arrows and how much weight do you have in the Kanati on your Welch bow?
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 11:15:00 PM »
Hey Mike, not real sure of the question, but the arrows in the limb bolt are cx 100's full length(33") with 175 gn heads. they weigh about 420gns. the limb bolt quiver is 6.5oz and the bow? well I don't know. about that much, I'm guessing around 1.5 to 2 lbs. Not as much as a High Country I bet. LOL DB

Offline TomMcDonald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 11:58:00 PM »
Can I have one?

Offline Fritz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 12:34:00 AM »
Wow! You have quite a few different color combos there.  Very nice, might have to try one of those on a Centaur I've got coming this year.  How do they compare to the Great Northerns as far as attachment goes, and do they completely cover a longer head like the WW?  Thanks.
God is good, all the time!!!

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 08:47:00 AM »
Hey batman,I dont have any complete kanati's,but I have a bunch of quivers that are part kanati.When I decided to make our
Zipper Woodie quiver available in a strap on model.Rather then try to reinvent the wheel I looked for the BEST strap on system, and that led me to John and his kanati kant slip system.John is a great guy, but Im sure you know that,and man does he make a great quiver.
Bill

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 05:03:00 PM »
batman just stopped by my place.he gave me a bunch of really cool stuff . one of the things he gave me was a kanati quiver. man it looks great on my bow when i get the chance i'll post a pic. thanx batman
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 05:09:00 PM »
Fritz, they are rock solid on my bows and I shoot razorcaps and they cover those completly. I canj also fit 3 tree sharks it mine for turkey hunting. DB

Offline Arrowhead80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »
Don,your better half is gonna get jealous about you rollin around in that sleeping bag with all them quivers.I was wonderin what all that gruntin was about in South Carolina.HAHA just playin.Good lookin collection ya got going,see ya sunday man.PR
Possum the other white meat

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 08:02:00 PM »
Don

Thanks for the fine words you had to say about me and our bow quivers. All I can say is ditto my man! Your one heck of a friend. That Kanati limb bolt quiver looks great on Raquel.

Bill

Thanks for your kind words! You and Tracy are great folks and the best of friends! Our quiver marriage is the bst of all worlds. A beautiful wood quiver hood meets a solid mounting system!

Preston

Thats why ole Don smells like leather when he gets out of his sleeping bag......  ;)    :D  (LOL)

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »
John, you need to start shooting out of a blind some. want be long now and I got a big one pick out for you. DB

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 10:32:00 PM »
A Kanati is the only bow mounted quiver I own these days.  ;)
2004 IBO World Champion

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©