3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NEW BOW?  (Read 1588 times)

Offline ChetterB

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NEW BOW?
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 07:36:00 AM »
Do your self a favor and give Mike Rash of Legends Bows a call ( sponser on this site). I bought a mountain bow from him for hunting about 2 months ago, have been so impressed I ordered another one only this one is "eye candy" Safari Elite model. I know there are a lot of good bows out there, and this is definately one of them - smooth stable accurate quiet and fast, thanks Jerry.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 07:36:00 AM »
I'm with killy on this one, if that was your favorite bow then why not by another.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 07:41:00 AM »
If you want to try something new, give a look at the Zipper SXT, Morrisons, Schafers, Black Swans, Black Mountains, Holm-Made, Predators, Black Widows, Lees, etc etc etc  There are so many excellent bows available now it would be hard to pick a bad bow, just maybe one that doesn't fit you is possible. If you can go to shoot and try some stuff then that's what I'd do in your position.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 07:55:00 AM »
The qusetion is tough! the anwser is BLACKTAIL BOWS .but dont be in too much of a hurry its a 1 yr wait atleast good things take time! another thing to consider is almost every bow mention in this post can be found in our classifide section great bows. great people. great prices!!!

Offline TommyBoy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 01:24:00 PM »
My input is that you go to a large trad shoot this summer (Cloverdale, Denton, or Compton) and shoot a mess of bows.  This will provide you a better guage of what you like and don't like in a bow. All of our advice will be biased to what we as individuals like.

If you need a bow in the meantime, pick up an inexpensive used one on the classifieds or **** and use it until then.
TommyBoy
TommyBoy

Offline Bowmania

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 08:37:00 PM »
I'd look at three things: performance, price and reputation.  Price would knock out some of the major brands mentioned above.  Performance would knock out some of the "lower" brand names.  I'd put Rivers Edge performance up against any of the majors and he's also equal in workmanship and rep.

Bowmania
I'm not putting up with this guys shit and dogging me.

Offline Michl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2009, 10:09:00 AM »
Shot many different Recurves, Black Widow at the moment, but have to try out some other brands!
Border CH 64" 42@28
Black Widow PSAV 58" 50@27
Rainy Day RC 62" 40@28

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2009, 10:16:00 AM »
I 2nd the Cari-bow!

Offline Kevin L.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2009, 11:01:00 AM »
I'd suggest giving JD Lund a call at Whisperstik. One of the best new bowyers around, great price, superb service and a real sweet recurve. He's a sponsor here, too.
Appalachian LB 66"57@26
Appalachian LB 68" 60@28
Appalachian Flatbow 64" 56@28
Appalachian Archery RC 58"62@28
Bighorn LB 68" 57@28
HH Wesley LB 66" 53@27
HH Cheetah LB 66" 52@26
Saxon American RC 58" 60@28

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2009, 11:10:00 AM »
I would like another Widow PSA or Shrew 54" recurve.

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2009, 11:47:00 AM »
Your choice of any Aluminum riser that accepts ILF limbs.Because you would have to work hard to destroy the riser and you can get good limbs between $100-$200 in a few days if you do have an accident.

You also have more tuning options and you can experiment with different things if you want like plungers and rests or just shoot off the shelf.

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2009, 12:16:00 PM »
Killdeer nailed what I was thinkin right off...

There are a good many bows out there,can you make Denton hill in July ?? hands on is the only real way to know what it feels like to "you"

Morrison's never seem to last long on the classifieds,neither do shrew's or centaurs I'm sure a few others too

Good luck
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline BRITTMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2009, 01:28:00 PM »
I would buy a Hummingbird Kingfisher recurve . It is one of the best I have ever owned or shot and he has several in stock .  www.hummingbirdbows.com
" Live long and prosper "

Offline shikari

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2009, 03:45:00 PM »
saluki gengis

Offline smcrochet

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »
OK- Now I have another question. I have the oppurtunity to buy another bow like I had from a friend of mine. BUT the weight is about 4lbs more than I feel comfortable with. What could I do to reduce the poundage without bringing it to the bowyer that built it?

Thanks

Offline Hartlines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2009, 06:47:00 PM »
RER's-ARROYO would be the one to compliment the VORTEX,LX and LXR that I have. Nice fast/smooth shooting bows. Certainly worth your time to check out. Craftsmanship is 2nd. to none!
Good Luck
Rick

Offline newtotrad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2009, 07:04:00 PM »
A Howard Hill Tembo.  I really like my hybrid but now I gotta try a Hill.

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2009, 10:17:00 PM »
If you decide not to buy another like the one you really liked check out  www.blacktailbows.com   Norm makes a wonderful bow.Or  WWW.foxarchery.com  Ron makes a beautiful bow too.  Frank
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline LA Trapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2009, 11:32:00 PM »
Mike,
When and where will Sterling Harrell be held this year.

Billy
Lifetime Member Bayou State Bowhunters
Lifetime Member Louisiana Traditional Bowmen

The path of least resistance is what makes men and rivers crooked.

Offline Mike Byrge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2009, 07:49:00 AM »
Billy - The Sterling Harrell is April 25/26 at the Mountain Bayou Lake Scout Ranch. (close to Chicot State Park)

Shane, I've had Ted Fry @ Raptor Archery take down the weight on a couple of bows for me and he does a good job.  You are looking at $100+ though so factor that in before making a decision.  Used bows are cheap right now..

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©