3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Oetzi's Trad gear  (Read 318 times)

Offline spuman

• Trad Bowhunter
Oetzi's Trad gear
« on: March 25, 2009, 04:23:00 PM »
Found this website today.  Really interesting info on Oetzi and his gear, and much more.

Oetzi

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Oetzi's Trad gear
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 05:50:00 PM »
Thank you I am enjoying this.Kip

Offline doug g

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 05:56:00 PM »
Very neat!
TGMM

Offline houseman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 06:18:00 PM »
That was neat! Thanks
Semper Fi

Offline wolfamongdogs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 11:41:00 PM »
All the stuff on him is very cool !
~Wolf & Badger Trading Co.~

'We still make all our bows, arrows  and jewelry one at a time !'

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 08:22:00 AM »
Thanks, Spuman... that is really cool. I enjoy any topic that deals with the history, especially the pre-historic history of archery.

I was watching a special on Stonehedge the other night on the National Geographic channel, and they have unearthed a lot of artifacts in and around the area, and many arrowheads from different sites, indicating not only used for hunting, but evidence of clan warfare as well.

All good stuff!
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 07:53:00 PM »
this is cool stuff
Bull

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »
I was in Bolzano (Bözen), Italy, last May where the Iceman Museum is located. It was really neat to see all the actual 5300 year old artifacts worn or carried by Ötzi lying just inches away. Also, Ötzi's mummified body is just a few feet from viewers in a refrigerated chamber with windows. It is amazing to see how little we have actually progressed in 5300 years. The materials we use are more advanced in some respects, but the basic design concepts in the clothing, backpack, weapons, and other equipment is virtually identical to what we have today. Although the museum highlights Ötzi and his possessions, there are many other aspects of the exhibits that are also fascinating. Besides being very interesting, the town of Bolzano (Bözen) and the surrounding area are as beautiful as anywhere else I have ever been -- and I have traveled extensively. Although Bolzano (Bözen) is presently part of Italy, it was formerly within the boundaries of Austria, and the architecture, languages (even the name of the town and most of the landmarks are shown in both Italian and German), culture and flavor of the area reflect its history. If you go to Italy, it is a must see place to visit.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©