3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Someone srole my blind  (Read 776 times)

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Someone srole my blind
« on: March 25, 2009, 07:02:00 PM »
I was out shed hunting the other day and I went to the place were my pop up blind has been set for two years now (shame on me I guess) on private land that only a hand ful of people are allowed to hunt.  When I came over the hill there was a big bare spot where my blind used to be.  I definatly know the person how took the blind because I know everyone that hunts or can gain access to this property.  It is kind of secluded property that is landlocked so it's not like you can just get in from anywhere.  The worst part is most of these people are family.  Go figure.  Oh well, not real sure where I'm goin' with this I just know it made me real mad and makes me sad that the world is coming to this.  We are truly a dying breed.

Offline KYArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Someone srole my blind
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 07:06:00 PM »
Yeah that pretty low!
                             .....Kyarcher

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 07:13:00 PM »
Bad as it gets.. A thief is the worst.  

If I knew the person that stole it,,, I would have it back.
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 07:17:00 PM »
I know 100% that I know the person, I just don't know which of the people took it.  It's not like it was just some random person walking through the woods.  There are only a few people it could possibly be.

Offline DBerrard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 07:21:00 PM »
Definitely contact them all. Ya may get it back with a cheesy excuse like "I thought someone left it" or something...never know.
David

~Kanati Klassic~ 50@26"

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 07:41:00 PM »
Could of been a lot of things, ya never know. Whens the last time you were there? has there been a big wind storm sence then maybe someone did you a faver and folded it up and are waiting to contact you. Or maybe there is just a bad apple in the bunch and they just took it.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 07:48:00 PM »
Yeah, I'd have to talk to the people. Anyone who stole from me I think I would get back what was mine, then write them off, family or no family.
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 07:52:00 PM »
There is the possiblity that someone came into your secluded hunting property from the surrounding grounds.

What kind of shape was it in the last time you saw it. IMO..2 years in the elements could ruin a blind..bhfp
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline fatman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 08:53:00 PM »
Once upon a time, a friend of mine had rights on a private farm, and had close to 20 treestands hung throughout the property. We hunted there mostly on weekends...

One week, someone snuck on to the property and stole every single stand.  My buddy called, mad as a wet hen:  "I hope the SOB falls out of a tree and breaks his (blanking) neck!"

Another friend tried to calm him down:  "Now, Bob, you know you should pray for him...."

After some thought, Bob said, "OK, I  PRAY the SOB falls out of a tree and breaks his (blanking) neck!"   :readit:
"Better to have that thing and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
Woodrow F. Call

Commitment is like bacon & eggs; the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed....

Offline Bob Sarrels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 09:19:00 PM »
A thief sucks as a human.  Hope it was just a misunderstanding.
Now then, get your weapons ~ your quiver and bow ~ and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.  Gen. 27.3

Offline wollelybugger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 10:59:00 PM »
Forget about it and you will be better off. I worked in a prison for 26 years, the thief will let you know he took it, just be patient. They can't keep thier mouth  shut.

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 11:22:00 PM »
if you know who it was, give them a call.

may have thought was forgotten after seeing it there for 2 years

no harm in saying , "hey you know that blind over the hill?" someone took it?
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 06:26:00 AM »
You positive it didn't get blown away??
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2009, 08:08:00 AM »
That's why I buy the cheapest one that will do the job. I've come to believe that it's inevitable that my stands will disappear, even on family property. If it's not inside a high fence, you might not know who has been there.

I've thought about poking a couple of holes in the blind at the center of one of the hubs, and using a cable to lock it to a tree. I have my Yukon Tracks set up now for turkey hunting in the river bottom a half mile from my house, and I'm surprised every time I go back and it's still there. "My" spot is on family land, but it's open to anyone who passes through. I've already lost a game camera and a ladder stand in the same area.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 08:16:00 AM »
I just don't get it. Most hunters and sportsmen are the type of people I would expect to trust and share my campfire with anytime. But I have had two treestands stolen on me already. And believe me, whoever stole them needed to know they were there and had extra large chain bolt cutters to break the chain locks I had on them. These were stolen from two different states, so not even the same people.  

Buckeye... I feel your pain. A few bad apples...
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Offline Roy Steele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 09:47:00 AM »
I don't use blinds but I even tell you how many lockons I've had taken In 35 years of deer hunting.So I can see how easy a blind would be to steal.It has turned me into a ground hunter.[5] years now.A small reason but it helped.

Here's what did about 7 years ago.I knew who took a stick latter an lockon.And I did'nt want to just confront him with out evdvence.I know the out come of that.Did that a few times.
  So I went to this guy and said look I know you took my stand and latter.I had that problem before there at that spot so got your picture on my trail cam.So you give it back or I give the picture to you know who.
  Worked for me and also the friend that told me.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
 20 YEARS LEARNING 20 YEARS DOING  20 YEARS TEACHING
  CROOKETARROW

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 10:09:00 AM »
Sorry to hear about the theft of your blind, nothing worse then a thief.

Although, reading your post begs the question: Why did you leave a pop-up blind in the woods for 2 years?   The weather alone would destroy/ruin it  pretty quickly.
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline Yelloweye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 12:07:00 PM »
I know how you feel. My API climber was stolen this last season. Left it on a tree in the middle of no ware. First day of rifle season it was gone. Shot the cable lock off. Dam thing is I don’t hunt the rifle season much, just go for time in the woods. Got some ideas who took it. But you know what I am not going to dwell on it.

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 02:14:00 PM »
5 or 6 years ago, I had a homemade hangon stolen.  I had all of $5.00 in it-bedrail bolted together with a 3/4" plywood seat and attached to the tree witha ratchet strap. They left my screw-in steps that were more valuable than the stand.  I now carry a hang-on and use strap on steps.  My stand leaves everytime I do.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline Joel Darnell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 02:55:00 PM »
I have fewer stands stolen on the state land I hunt occaisionally than on the private land farm I normally hunt. Not to mention the 12 point I shot a couple years ago that I had to leave overnight. I feel for ya,anger and frustration, you know who did it but can't prove it.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©