3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bringing Rod Jenkins out WEST?!!!!  (Read 4407 times)

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bringing Rod Jenkins out WEST?!!!!
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2009, 08:36:00 PM »
Can't wait to get to Oregon !

Thanks for all your hard work Snag....ohh yeah be sure to bring your work shoes...we are gonna be working!  ;)
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2009, 10:07:00 PM »
Adam and I just watched Masters of the Bare Bow vol 3, and we can't wait either!  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline runamuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2009, 11:49:00 PM »
Question for Rod,, Is there anything i can be doing to prepare myself to get the most out of your class in Or.??
I am not a very experinced archer i have been at it for a little over 5 years and have shot many thousand's of arrows but i have just hit a point where there is no more improvment,, And i still can't shoot a group or anything that even resembles a group..

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2009, 09:06:00 AM »
runamuk......if you have seen MBB3, you can start working on your shot sequence...otherwise just bring an open mind! You will be able to shoot a group after 2 days, but more importantly make your first shot count.

Guys due to the fact we will be working on your shot sequence and sometimes holding at anchor for longer than normal, and its much easier to feel all the parts of a shot... If you have a light weight bow, please bring it to the clinic...if you don;t have a light draw weight trainer bow...I'll be shipping several to Mr Ted Fry, so we will have a few on hand.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2009, 06:51:00 PM »
damn walt disney and his big ideas....  :banghead:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline runamuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2009, 04:06:00 PM »
I will order MBB3 today, Thank you..
{You will be able to shoot a group after 2 days, but more importantly make your first shot count.}
Thats an exciting thought..

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2009, 12:13:00 PM »
I just watched Masters #3 last night , great stuff , I highly recommend you pick this up before the class just to give you a heads up on what Rod is doing, not to mention a head start on the lingo , hey Rod , whats an arra?   :bigsmyl:

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »
:biglaugh:    Everyone has been picking on me and my southern drawl in MBB3, but never mention Denny and Darryl....now they talk funny!

Whats up with that ?   :biglaugh:
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline Oregon Okie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2009, 05:57:00 PM »
Maybe I should be there as an interpreter. Being from Oklahoma but having infiltrated Oregon almost undetected maybe I can translate.    :readit:
"Don't believe everything you think" - bumper sticker

"Savage Blaster" - 50@31 - 63" (recurve I made with Steve Savage)
Firefly TD longbow - 50@31 - 63"
7 Lakes double shelf from a blank - 45@31 - 66"
Trident ILF w Blackmax carbons - 42@31

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2009, 11:16:00 PM »
You an interpreter..now that sounds like trouble!  :goldtooth:
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline runamuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2009, 01:40:00 PM »
Just wondering if anybody is going to be out to Hood River a day or so early,, And would be willing to spend a little time helping me to make sure my Bow and Arrows are tuned properly.

Man i am excited about this whole deal, I think about it every day.. a huge Thanks to all involved putting this togeather..

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2009, 03:00:00 PM »
Right now I don't have a "for sure" schedule of arrival for myself. I am thinking of getting there one day in advance to check out the lay of the land. As time gets closer I will post more on this. Why don't you post your setup and we can see how it looks, as far as, the numbers? Or shoot me a pm and I'll be glad to help in anyway I can.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2009, 05:05:00 PM »
runamuk I will be there for the week prior-and I'm sure we could all get through it together. You can find me at Raptor Archery making shavings with Ted.

Offline runamuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2009, 09:39:00 PM »
Many thanks fellas..
Snag,, I am shooting a Fox Long-bow,It is 62" and is 53# @ 28" ,  The arrows i shoot the most are GT 35/55 cut at 29" with a 75 grn. insert and a 125 grn. head... I have 3-5" shield cut Fletch..
They enter the target fairly straight, But they seem to porpoise up and down in flight.. I have tinkered with my nocking point and brace height some, but it hasn't changed much for the better..

Bjorn I am thinking i will be there at least 2 days before. I don't think i could be around all them rivers without doing a little fishing..
That would be a rare treat to spend a little time with somebody that has a solid knowledge of trad gear..
In fact being around all the accomplished archers that will be there is kind of mind boggling to me..This is gonna give me the boost i need to get to the next level..

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2009, 10:27:00 AM »
Now ya'll have got me wanting to arrive a week early, do some fishing and learn to make selfbow's   :biglaugh:
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2009, 11:18:00 AM »
Don't forget the BBQ!!!  :readit:

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »
Along with the BBQ....3Rivers and RER, in support of the clinics, are sending some goodies to every clinic as well!  :notworthy:    :notworthy:
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline treebeard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2009, 12:51:00 AM »
Wow, I can't believe this is going to happen! Big thanks to David and Rod for bringing this together. David, I know you are also in touch with Ted but if there is anything we can do to prep the range ahead of time please let me know. we will definitely set up a few more 20 yd bales and there is a good location to work on the "blind bale" right at the sight in range as well. Going to be a great time having you all here in Hood River!

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2009, 09:59:00 AM »
Thanks Treebeard! I will keep in contact as things develop. Sounds like the range will work out great for this! Look forward to spending some time there and getting to know everyone.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2009, 06:14:00 PM »
Well guys, it just keeps getting better and better! Rod informed me that there will be some extras waiting for us.
Seems 3Rivers is providing the use of a couple lightweight Daala's and giveaways for each participant! Thanks 3Rivers!
RER is sending a recurve and a LX along with a gift for each shooter! Thanks RER!
This is very generous and unexpected. Thanks, David

Oh Rod, did I hear something about shooting an apple off your head at 40yds in order to win a bow...?   :biglaugh:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©