3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bringing Rod Jenkins out WEST?!!!!  (Read 4398 times)

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bringing Rod Jenkins out WEST?!!!!
« Reply #160 on: June 17, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »
I'd like to thank everyone for generosity and hard work   :notworthy:  

treebeard...I'll bring my Soma for everyone to try out....but heck I can't afford an extra  :D
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #161 on: June 17, 2009, 12:04:00 PM »
Getting off of the subject of food (which I hate to do), I will be bringing yet another Old Phartt's bow to the class with me.  It's an interesting project and I thought perhaps some of you might be interested in getting to know it before you actually meet it.

It will be named "Arrowl Flynn", or possibly just Arrow Flynn, I'm still debating.  I'm building it to what I hope will be hunting weight and it will be a circulating bow for the Howard Hill Longbowmen to take turns hunting with.  Since it is for them, I'm doing a very thorough (some might say exhaustive) build along on it as I go.

So far, I've shown it starting out as a huge yew plank and some pieces of bamboo flooring and taken the group through the cutting out of billets, resawing into slabs, grinding of lams and cutting shaping of the riser.  It should go into the oven this week, probably tomorrow.  I'd like to finish it in time to take to the Medical Lake shoot this weekend, but that's probably pushing it.  It'll definitely be ready to come to the class and the Pope and Young though.

If you want to meet it early and see it getting born, here's the link:

http://dickwightman.com/archery/bowyering/buildingopabow/buildingopabow.html

I know Arrowl is looking forward to meeting some of you guys, because I wont' be able to shoot him much.  He'll be too heavy for me.
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #162 on: June 17, 2009, 12:37:00 PM »
A tally would be nice David just so we have an idea, no worries about having everyone as both Doug and Sean have stepped up to help as well.
Stumpy , happy to pick you up at the airport, bring a sleeping bag and you can bunk here and fly out the next day. Send the shafts here and I will put a 10" taper on them and send them to David, I have plenty of arrows to make already. I have had Dougs Black forest cake as well as the pineapple upside down, yum , pretty mean biscuts as well , Just dont let him make the Scrambled screaming egg som btch from hell, you will regret it.   :biglaugh:

Online snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #163 on: June 17, 2009, 01:06:00 PM »
So guys, we need a tally on who will be:
  1) Attending the BBQ at Ted's shop
  2) Camping at the range
  3) If you are bringing a motorhome...there will be parking in Hood River by Ted's shop. We will shuttle you out to the range from there.
This is important to make sure things are ready for you and that everyone is taken care of properly. I appreciate your help.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2009, 02:34:00 PM »
My shooting has improved dramatically since i spent some time with Rod 3 weeks ago. The way he showed me how to build my shot from the ground up was just the trick. You really need to have a open mind going in because at first your shooting may feel awkward, at least thats the way it was for me. That being said only after a few practiced sessions everything started comming together and my groups are super tight. Im so excited every time i shoot because im seeing great results. Have fun guys.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Online snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #165 on: June 17, 2009, 04:03:00 PM »
That's really encouraging Joe! We can all use improvement. Open minded...some have said I am empty minded...is that the same thing?  :goldtooth:    I am sooo ready to get there and start on this new venture in my archery experience. This will be something we can start and build on all our lives. What a difference our shooting will take and our experiences in the woods will be because of it. It's a real blessing to he someone like Rod go to this extent to help out! Thanks again Rod.

Online snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #166 on: June 17, 2009, 04:51:00 PM »
Also, if you have camp chairs bring them! If you have an extra one please bring it too. That way for those who are flying into Portland we will have a chair for them. Thanks, David

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #167 on: June 17, 2009, 05:17:00 PM »
I and I will attend the barbecue and will be camping on the range.  I can round up a couple of extra chairs, too.
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Online snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #168 on: June 17, 2009, 06:10:00 PM »
Sounds good Dick. Thanks, David

Online snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #169 on: June 17, 2009, 06:13:00 PM »
Hey Killie, why don't you head out to Oregon. It's beautiful in July!

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #170 on: June 17, 2009, 07:27:00 PM »
David,

It's sounding really good.  I really appreciate what you, Ted, Rod and all the others are planning.

I'm driving down from WA and look forward to tent camping at the range and Ted's BBQ.

Like others have said, I will be happy to pitch in with money donations or anything else I can do.
Lon Scott

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #171 on: June 17, 2009, 08:25:00 PM »
I grabbed one of the slots that just opened up.  I'll be there for the Saturday BBQ, and will be staying in a motel somewhere.  I'll be driving up from Sacramento on Friday.  Don't know if anyone else is planning on driving up from anywhere along my route, but if anyone is interested in carpooling, let me know.  Looking forward to seeing you all and learning a lot from Rod in the class!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline biglegmax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #172 on: June 18, 2009, 10:12:00 AM »
McDave, welcome. Just a warning, you might check into making motel reservations in Hood River asap. The Boardheads (windsurfers) are as thick as magots on a gut shot Texas hog this time of the year!

Offline BigCnyn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #173 on: June 18, 2009, 11:13:00 AM »
I will be attending the bbq sat nite, and will be tent camping at the range...what do we need for lunches, ? can we shop there as I am coming from a ways,a nd need all the room in the car, trying not to bring a bunch of coolers?

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #174 on: June 18, 2009, 11:47:00 AM »
Two big grocery stores right here in town so food is not an issue , going to be a bit crowded in town and motels due to the fact its summer and Hood River is the place to go for outdoor activities.
Nice and quite out at the range however. The little town of Odell is about 2 miles from the range and there is a small grocery there as well. Great food in Hood River as well as three micro brews and loads of good coffee. Watch those comments on Windsurfer/kiters bigleg or I will start picking on your age and the need for two slots.
Feel free to call the store here for more info or email.

Offline pshooter1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #175 on: June 18, 2009, 11:49:00 AM »
Mcdave, I live in over in Sonoma Co. and was planning on driving up.  I'd be interested in talking to you about driving together.  I'll send you a pm.  I'm planning on camping at the range too and have some dutch ovens  and a little experience with them.  The BBQ at the shop sounds great for Sat. night. I'm willing to go with whatever program everybody decides to do.

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #176 on: June 19, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »
Hey Dwight
I PMed you about carpooling.
Snag I would like to eat at Teds.
This is going to be fun
 Kurt

Offline pshooter1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2009, 12:58:00 AM »
Kurt, will give you a call in the am.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2009, 01:55:00 AM »
Wow we all got pretty full dance cards guys! This is getting pretty exciting-gonna' be fun to meet all the Internet bros. Quite the California contingent going to HR too.

Offline pshooter1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2009, 11:20:00 AM »
Hey Kurt, could you please send me another PM with your phone #.  I received your pm last night and didn't write down your number thinking I'd look it up this morning and somehow it's no longer in my profile.  Thanks

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©