3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any archery shops or any one live in Gardiner Mt  (Read 704 times)

Offline wenselkid

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any archery shops or any one live in Gardiner Mt
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 03:37:00 PM »
There used to be a great outdoor shooting course at Lone Pine State Park in Kalispell. I used to shoot there alot when I lived in the Flathead. It has been 20 years now, so I'm not sure if it is still around. It's no day trip (Kalispell is a good 6 hours from Gardiner), but it may be something to think about for a weekend or such. You'll love MT, once you've spent some time there it will stay in your soul.....Trust me.

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »
Hey Cody...I'm probably closest to you, just up the road about 50 miles from Yellowstone.   Doug lives another 20-some miles further.  Feel free to stop in anytime.   The closest archery shops have been mentioned....Yellowstone Gateway sports is in Livingston, and can get some basic stuff for you if needed.  No close ranges for you to shoot at, but plenty of wide open spaces and mountains to climb and stump in!  There will be a Moose Creek shoot, in June...I think it's the third weekend.   Moose Creek is south of Bozeman, and not too far to drive, if you want to meet some of us "locals".   Anyway, you'll have some fun working in the park, I'm sure.  Get ahold of me if you want....we can shoot here at the house, and even make a bow or two if you have the desire.
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 05:26:00 PM »
Thanks Mark, Heck yes I would love to make a bow or two.... Thanks guys for all the info.....

Cody
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline IronCreekArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 05:51:00 PM »
What type of work are you doing in the park?  I lived in Bozeman for the last dozen years or so and all the shops have been mentioned.  I moved back to Michigan and have regreted it everyday...you won't want to come back, stay as long as you can!
We do not rise to the occasion.  We fall to our level of training.

Offline stalkin4elk

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 09:57:00 PM »
A little off topic, but make time to go through the Lamar Valley to Cook City and then over to Cody Wyo. to Buffalo Bill Cody Museum which is one of the premier museums in the USA.They have an incredible firearms collection and also an excellent Native American history section - they rec. two days at the museum and you'll need it. The drive to Cody is also awesome scenery.

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 11:12:00 PM »
thanks guys, u guys are making I just wont to move every thing there and live the rest of my life there.. Man thats sounds SO very COOL..

Take Care,

Cody

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2009, 10:47:00 PM »
I was in Bozeman today, & thought I'd stop at Big Sky Archery on the way home. They had a few factory recurves, A Bear Kodiak Mag for $550  Wow, a Grizzly for $425, Maybe the one that was actually worth the asking price was a Wing Hunter for $130. I thought the prices were a little high. Frank
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline groyce

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 11:45:00 AM »
Cody,

A young friend of mine will be working up there this year also. Andy Neff. Look him up. good kid

Offline Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 12:01:00 PM »
You are moving to a great place, Cody. Was blessed to call it home for a while, and make friends like Mark, Randy, Doug. I miss it every day. Make the most of it.  :thumbsup:
Twin Oaks Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of Tennessee

"just remember, you can't put the wood back on"

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009, 12:04:00 PM »
Bear I called the park ranger and he told me I could bring my bow but I cant shoot inside the park but I will be out side of the park anyways so I have a lot of space where I can shoot my bow.. O yes I will be takeing LOTS of pics....

Cody

Offline Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2009, 06:07:00 PM »
I worked in the park for two seasons, 95 and 03. The person over the entire lower loop for Xanterra is a good friend from college. He's the one who first brought me out there in 95.

It is a wonderful place. Lived in Livingston for nine months in 06, too. When you arrive in Gardiner be sure and get a burger from Helen's. Wash it down with a Fat Tire from the Two Bit. And take Mark something special to hang on his fence. You'll understand all of this when you get there. God, I miss it.
Twin Oaks Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of Tennessee

"just remember, you can't put the wood back on"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©