3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: wild goose chase  (Read 431 times)

Offline kevin heath

• Trad Bowhunter
wild goose chase
« on: March 30, 2009, 09:31:00 AM »
as you know I am just starting in the trad arena, and I am getting frustrated...Last week I was between meetings in houston and wandered over to gander mountain, and got to talking to the bow pro, now Ron and I go back several years and we were just chatting and I mentioned that i was planning on goin trad for next year and he said "have i got a deal for you" and dug out 6 nice looking cedar arrows, and said that G.mtn was getting out of the trad business and he could let me have 'em for $22.00, price tag on 'em was 79.99. Only catch he didnt have any glue on points or broadheads, told him I would be back over the wknd and left and couldnt get the thought out of my mind all week (man I got it bad).
so I called around and bass pro shop said they had several types of points to choose from, so yesterday me n my gal made a trip to Katy (75 miles from huntsville)and looked at them I was pretty sure they were 11/32's but just to double check I called the gal (not Ron) at the bow shop went and measured them (she said) and told me that they were in fact 5/16's. So I bought the 5/16's field points, then drove from Katy to Spring 40 miles and picked up the arrows. We sat around b-sing w/ Ron when he said "gimme the points and I'll stick them on for you while you are here", and guess what the shafts were 11/32's...Sometimes I feel like the little cartoon guy with a rain cloud over his head cuz now I got these beautiful arrows I cant shoot, till I make another 150 mile round trip to Katy...AAArrrghhh!!!
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have...Thomas Jefferson

Offline D.Sheppard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: wild goose chase
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 09:52:00 AM »
Kevin PM me your address and I'll save you some time and gas.
"We're just a bunch of part time amateur hunters giving chase to full time professional animals."

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 09:54:00 AM »
Great offer Donald!  :thumbsup:    :notworthy:  

If you need more traditional archery supplies in the future, there is no need for a trip like that with all the great options from Trad Gang sponsors.
Cost of shipping will be a whole lot less than gas, unless you just want to go for a drive.
Lots of sponsors sell just what you need and all it takes is a phone call.  Ones that I have used and have great customer service are Badger Arrow, 3 Rivers, or Kustom King.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline pronghorn23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 10:50:00 AM »
You can always see if you can trade the points with somone on here..

Offline D.Sheppard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 01:01:00 PM »
If the arrows are already tapered I sent you a few sizes to help with tuning.
                            Thanx, Shep
"We're just a bunch of part time amateur hunters giving chase to full time professional animals."

Offline kevin heath

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 01:54:00 PM »
yup they are tapered, appreciate all your help..Kevin
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have...Thomas Jefferson

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 08:03:00 PM »
Kevin, I feel like a kindred spirit. Some folks have a solid gold horseshoe stuck somewhere about their person, and some of us have a foul-up fairy sitting on their left shoulder. Yup, Joe with the unpronounceable last name from the Li'l Abner strip is my best friend! And my foul-up fairy seems to be hyperactive and in excellent health.

Thank goodness for Trad Gang and its road-smoothing members! Congrats on the good deal you got on your arrows.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 08:15:00 PM »
Had to read that twice Killy!!   :saywhat:
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Offline wollelybugger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 07:59:00 AM »
I got a deal at Gander Mtn., two hundred off a Martin Savannah, brand new,55 pounds. It is one of my favorite bows.

Online ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 08:24:00 AM »
Mike at the Nocking point is also very good to work with. He is a sponsor here and I've never had anyone ship any faster than he does.  Ben
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline sweeney3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 10:06:00 AM »
Second what ksbowman says.  Mike is great.

Good deal on the arrows; shame they are punting the whole trad business though.
Silence is golden.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 05:55:00 PM »
Sorry but for the cost of field points I would of bought a dozen of each, better safe than sorry. Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©