3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Vision Ground Blind  (Read 225 times)

Offline FEIK77

• Trad Bowhunter
Vision Ground Blind
« on: March 30, 2009, 09:18:00 PM »
My dad and i just bought a new vision groundblind, and i was wondering if anybody has used them and if so how they worked. Thanks

Offline Titan_Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Vision Ground Blind
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 10:19:00 AM »
I'm getting my money back from Primos on mine. I purchased one, had some quality issues (hub broke, window netting came unsewed)  and had to send it back to get a replacement. Then with the second blind, I was out in Nebraska last week, and it was pretty windy all week.  The thing I discovered is that the blind is pretty much worthless in any kind of moderate wind.  The loose window netting "flutters" really bad, and wind causes the blackout panels to "pop" out, then deflate back, and it sounds like a sailboat in a marina or something.
 IF I were keeping the blind, I'd take out the mesh completely, and probably sew in velcro on the back blackout panels on the door side of the blind, that way I could velcro them in tighter than they are.
 The window system seems like a good idea, but when its put to practice in windy conditions, it doesnt work so well. I was having turkeys spook at the sight of the blind from long distances. They were spooking on the un-natural movement caused by the lose material in the windows.  We validated this by placing a double bull in the exact same spot, and watching the same group of turkeys that spooked on the Vision blind, walk right by the Double Bull, and it was actually windier than the day before.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©