3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arizona elk!  (Read 1032 times)

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arizona elk!
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 08:04:00 PM »
ohhhhh...cottonwood and only a cow tag ? arggghhh..that would drive me over the edge man.theres some huge bulls in that area and plenty of them.cow meats better than no meat i guess eh.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 08:22:00 PM »
Got the "thanks for playing" myself.  Got three points and still playing the game.

Congrats and can't wait for the vicarious ride along at Tradgang when you get back!

Offline longbowray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 08:52:00 PM »
sent you a pm
BOWHUNTTER FOR LIFE

Offline elknut1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 09:23:00 PM »
Cade, sounds great! I hope the DVDs serve you well. Hey, if you have any questions you may be concerned with please give me a shout!!

ElkNut1

Offline Stone Sheep

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 09:59:00 PM »
Sent you a PM.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Board of Directors (past)
United Bowunters of Missouri Board of Directors

Offline Big Sneaky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2009, 10:16:00 PM »
Terry, thanks for the info I will look into those areas.

Chortdraw, also appreciate the info.  Hope you get a cow with your new bow.

Ray, pm'd you also.

Paul,  I've had your DVD's for a couple of years now.  I just haven't been able to connect yet.

Thanks for all the help and encouragement guys I appreciate it.  Now I have to figure out how I'm going to sleep from now till September.

Cade
Always keep the wind in your face, and an arrow nocked.

Online highcountry

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »
You guys can just send me your tags and I will let you know when you can pick your elk. Oh, send your camera too if you need some hero shots!

Offline njstykbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 10:30:00 AM »
Congrats to all who drew.  I drew my first AZ bull tag this year...7E...as my second choice.  Not sure I can wait 'til September.  Planning to hunt the entire season.

Joe

Offline Big Sneaky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009, 01:31:00 PM »
That's awesome Joe.  Congratulations on drawing a good tag.  We're also planning to hunt the whole season.

Highcountry, now where would be the fun it that.

Offline BRONZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »
Awesome!  Congrats!  I just filled out my info for NM-- we'll find out in June.  :pray:
"He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze."
2 Samuel 22:35

Wheatland Christian Bowhunters--Chairman

Offline AZStickman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2009, 01:56:00 PM »
Dale.... Good Luck on your hunt!!.... Terry
"The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.".. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline elknut1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2009, 02:06:00 PM »
Cade, you need to be more aggressive! (grin) Less cow calling all in all, it's way over-rated you will call in more satellites by far. Aggressiveness comes in various forms from calling at exactly the right time to re-positioning ones-self at the right time with no calling. Don't have a setup where you are pinned down & don't have the luxury of moving if need be! Think aggressive & be aggressive!!
  Practice your bugle type screams as if in your face stuff & pleading & re-gathering cow sounds. With that small amount of artillery you can work the most call shy bulls around, "timing" is key!!
  When your sounds are authentic sounding it will give you the needed confidence to use them & not hold back. Good Luck!

ElkNut1

Online highcountry

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2009, 06:41:00 PM »
You guys should have a great season.  We had a whole bunch of snow, I still have a big pile in the front yard, even after a couple of warm weeks. The woods still have white stuff.  Just starting to green-up.  Lots of elk are moving up last few week, also lots of road-kills on I-17(areas 6A/North-West = 6B)last few weeks. March is our big snow/water month but Mother Nature fogot. Still lakes and tanks are full. We have too many roads here so getting away from the ATVs and such in some areas is tough. Seen the first elk in 7E & 7W yesterday driving to the Grand Canyon to work, about 7800'-8000' where I seen them, up high a little early. We had a weeks of high temps, but was 10 degrees at the canyon. CayonHunter has a Unit 8 tag, and a very good Montana bowyer(you guess who) had a 27 Bull.  I have the "Pink Tag Blues".

Offline Big Sneaky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2009, 11:09:00 PM »
Thanks for the update highcountry.  Just got off the phone with my cousin and he is already having trouble sleeping.  He's like a kid getting ready for Disneyland.

Paul, thanks for the tips.  I have always been worried about pushing elk out of the area I hunt.  I have only hunted in OTC units in CO so I tried not to pressure an already pressured animal.  I'm pretty decent with a diaphram call but I will be working extra hard on my calling from now until September.  Man, this is gonna be some kind of fun.

Thanks again guys, Cade

Online highcountry

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2009, 11:25:00 PM »
Your cousin sure has a whole bunch of sleepless nights coming. Just get in touch with me about three weeks prior and I could help out. Buddy has a meat processing shop in your area. PM me any time. 6A is one of my favorites, has a quiet zone. I really like 7E, its is across the street.

Offline Big Sneaky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2009, 02:14:00 PM »
Thanks highcountry,  nice to be able to talk to someone about things like a meat processor.  I hope I can bring some business to your buddy.  I will PM later this year to see how things are going.  Thank you, Cade

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »
You guys had better stock up on the Ambien or Nyquil PM.  You need to get some rest bwtween now and September!
I am SO envious!  
Someday.  Someday......  :pray:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©