3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bowfishing suggestions?  (Read 421 times)

Offline sweeney3

• Trad Bowhunter
Bowfishing suggestions?
« on: March 31, 2009, 10:16:00 AM »
I am left-handed and have an old Ben Pearson recurve that I don't use to hunt with as it's a little too noisy.  Shoots well, just louder than my Owl Bow.  I want to use the Pearson for a bowfishing bow.  We have plenty of carp and gar around here and I think I need to do something with the Pearson rather than just hang it on the wall and target shoot it.  Who has a suggestion for a decent bowfishing set up, left-handed, that does not involve any screwing/drilling or otherwise permenantly maring the bow?

It's a 55# bow.  I have been shooting BT Traditional 55-75s with 145 gn points out of it with good results.  I don't know much about bowfishing equipment, so how would that translate?  

Suggestions appriciated.  Thanks!!
Silence is golden.

Offline Todweelz

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bowfishing suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 10:30:00 AM »
sweeney, check with Kustom king or 3-rivers for a TGA [traditional gadget adapter] and a bowfishing kit a AMS or a regaular zebco set-up, just make sure you use arrow slides and some polarized glasses[ shatterproof] for your safety. Give it a try it is alot of fun!

Offline fireball31

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »
You can get a gadget adapter from three rivers.  You can attach any of the different reel options to it and it attaches with the same type of straps the great northern quivers use.  As far as arrow's you can tune the regular fiberglass fishing arrows by trimming from the back until it shoots well.

Offline sweeney3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 09:54:00 PM »
Handy.  Thanks.  I'm looking forward to giving it a try.
Silence is golden.

Offline toddster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 03:17:00 PM »
sweeney- as said above, get a great northern gadget adapter, then order a reel seat, and a small spool of 150# line and 2 bowfish arrows with either sure shot points or lil stinger 4 points.  Then either use or buy a shakespeare T10 or large reel like for catfish.  I have shot buffalo up to 30# and 5' Gar with a 40# bow no problem.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©