3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: what spine do i need?  (Read 342 times)

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
what spine do i need?
« on: March 31, 2009, 01:51:00 PM »
either a martin venom or savanna longbow, 30" draw, 50 lbs @28, so im guessing ill be pulling 54-55lbs...? 250 gr tips.  i would go to the shop and just buy one arrow of each, but the shop near here that sells single arrows are to short for my draw, they are pre cut at 30-31", rather than full length. thanks for any info.
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: what spine do i need?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 05:43:00 PM »
If ya go full length a Heritage 250 with 250 up front should be the ticket. Shawn
Shawn

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 05:57:00 PM »
Get your bow weighed.  Those Martins are notorious for being a few pounds heavy.  If it is where you think it is, then Shawn's suggestion should be right on.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »
My Bamboo Viper was two pounds heavier then marked,but I have two Savannah's that both are two pounds lighter then marked.They are getting closer on the newer Martins.My Vision though was four pounds heavier then marked.

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 09:34:00 PM »
I agree with Shawn the Heritage 250 full length is the way to go.I would however experiment with point weight before adding brass inserts to all my shafts.It's a lot easier to glue brass in than to knock it out.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©