3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Another tuning question , help please  (Read 255 times)

Offline cnorth

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Another tuning question , help please
« on: April 01, 2009, 01:04:00 AM »
I have read where it is best to bare shaft, also it is best to have your bareshaft to be on the weak side( may have misread about weak side).  If this is the case, then how do you know how much on the weak side?  Also, will your arrow be weaker once you put feathers on?  I was also wondering if instead of bare shafting, if one could take their broadheads and tune arrows according to their flight.  Sorry for all the questions, still new to trad and just a little confused,  Thanks ahead of time for your help, hope all is well, GOD BLESS!!!
Trust in the Lord with all of thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  Proverbs 3: 5

TOELKE WHIP HS 48 @28, 60"
TOELKE WHIP 50 @ 28, 64"     
BROWNING WASP 45 @ 28
BLACK WIDOW PMA III 51 @ 28, 62"

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Another tuning question , help please
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 01:14:00 AM »
http://www.acsbows.com/bowtuning.html

Here is a ton of info on tuning.  I found this method works best for me.  Since you are new to trad this method takes your form issues (not that you have any, but since you are new to trad bows things will get better/cleaner for you as you go along) out of the equation.

I've read where some have suggested that you can skip the bare shaft part if you tune your fletched arrows with wide broadheads to hit with you fletched arrows with field points.

Feathers on the shaft add some weight to the back of the arrow, so they should stiffen it up some.  Good luck...Mike

Offline cnorth

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Another tuning question , help please
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 09:15:00 AM »
Thanks for the info mike.
Trust in the Lord with all of thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  Proverbs 3: 5

TOELKE WHIP HS 48 @28, 60"
TOELKE WHIP 50 @ 28, 64"     
BROWNING WASP 45 @ 28
BLACK WIDOW PMA III 51 @ 28, 62"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©