3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Recurves in Blinds  (Read 325 times)

Offline JGoemaat

• Trad Bowhunter
Recurves in Blinds
« on: April 01, 2009, 12:52:00 PM »
Turkey Season is fast approaching and I am counting down the days until I'm up at the crack of dawn listening to gobbles. I don't know about you guys but I can't help but smile everytime I hear a gobbler sound off. What a thrill.

In the meantime I've been thinking about trying a blind this year to throw in the bag of tricks. I tried it a couple of times last year and it was a lot of fun. I was thinking about getting a double bull dark horse. Is the standard 67" height a big hinderance for you guys shooting 60" bows? I'm afraid it might throw off my shooting style if I'm doing a lot of bending over. Whats been your experience?

Thanks, Good luck with those Gobblers

Offline texbow2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Recurves in Blinds
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 12:56:00 PM »
are you going to shoot standing or sitting? Practice as much as you can out of it.

Offline GrnMtnTradNut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 12:57:00 PM »
I shoot a 62" bow out of my blind it's 72" high and 77" wide with no problem I am 6'3" and draw 32" I think you should be fine with the 67" height. Good luck. Chris

Offline bluegrassbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 12:57:00 PM »
If your gonna spend the money on a doublebull get the recurve model....you'll be glad you did.....It opens here in Ky April 18th & I can't wait....Good Luck
"Life,Liberty & the pursue of deer & turkeys."

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 01:28:00 PM »
Why take the chance. Buy the recurve model. It is not that much more in price and it will work with recurves and longbows. It is also very salable on this site if you do not like blind hunting. Just my opinion.

Offline acolobowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 02:05:00 PM »
Amen Brother - spend the extra and get the recurve model.  I am 6'2" and it is nice to be able to stand and stretch after sitting for a while.  It is much easier to shoot out of as well.  I had a standare DB model and went to the recurve model.  Several times my top limb would hit when shooting.  It sure throws off a shot.

I wouldn't go back to the standard model.  I sewed several pockets inside my blind to store my reading glasses, book, turkey calls, etc. Pretty handy.  :thumbsup:

Offline wislnwings

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 11:40:00 PM »
I have the standard Matrix blind and have shot recurves and longbows 56"-62" out of it.  The key is to practice ahead of time.  I set mine up in the yard with the 3D turkey and practice from the same stool I use when hunting.  Never had any problems.

Offline BlacktailBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 02:42:00 AM »
Ameristep Penthouse. 7' tall and cheap at 160.

Paul
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©