3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: help pick a hunt  (Read 453 times)

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
help pick a hunt
« on: April 02, 2009, 03:58:00 PM »
Other than Texas and Florida after hogs, I haven't been out-of-state on a bow hunt in a couple years.  Got the itch to plan something for this fall.  I will be 59 in October, in good to fair shape (maybe just fair shape).   I would like to be able to drive to the hunt in one day from Kansas City (600-650 miles).  Not interested in a drop camp hunt unless I had a partner or two.   Must be traditional bow friendly.   I was thinking September or October.  I want to be back in NE Kansas for the last week in October and November.  Tags have to be over the counter (to late for a draw at this point).   I don't want to set in a stand for the entire hunt, but stand hunting could be part of the hunt (I would like some spot and stalk).  I would like to hunt with others in camp, hopefully trad bow hunters.   Give me some ideas as to when, who to contact, what critters.   Because of work, I could be gone for 9 to 10 days max (including travel).
Mel Riley

Offline killinstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: help pick a hunt
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 05:21:00 PM »
Hey Mel, how about a bear hunt in ONT north of Thunder Bay? Where's Dave?

CJ
lll

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 02:37:00 PM »
Yea, where is Dave?   Anyone else with ideas??
Mel Riley

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 03:43:00 PM »
i think you should save up and come hunt water buffalo and pigs with me in Ozz in a few years
or Africa i know you would Love Africa
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »
Mel I had to miss Bear QuestIII b/c of a wedding in Florida and lots of work.I should be finished my contracts late summer and thinking about a pronghorn hunt but open for almost anything.I turn 59 in June and feel like doing something also.Lets talk if intrested.Kip

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 06:53:00 PM »
I am interested Kip, lets talk.   Andy, I would love to go to OZ with you, and Africa sounds very interesting in a couple years!!
Mel Riley

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 07:40:00 PM »
Dave`s here Mel. My contact,friend for bears in Thunder Bay is no good for non residents as he is not an outfitter. Mel as you know i`m off to Oz with Andy in Sept so I`m not making too many more plans for this fall. I have five weeks booked off this fall as is and gotta work sometime. My moose gang are still heading out for the hunt without me and they are looking for guy to fill my spot. You`d need 12 to 14 days to make it work but just shout if you have any interest. Other than that it`s too late for all out west tags other than over counter. I can fix you up no problem with one of the best there is in Quebec for caribou. It`s a far north hunt first class, cooks guides etc not one of these cross your fingers deals! Why not take your wife to Namibia. We can find you a first class spot and Namibia is real safe and your wife would love it! You only live once make the most of it!
hunt it

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »
Mule deer in the Dakota's would be on my short list.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline akdd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 01:16:00 PM »
Looking at your avatar I am probably telling you something that you already know but Mid Sept.in MT or WY for antelope would be a good hunt. MT is a drawing but it has good odds for the 900 antelope lic. and is still open. I think that WY has some over the counter lic.

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 03:32:00 PM »
buy a ticket to ak right now for the same price as 600 miles on a truck.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©