3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who travels "light".....  (Read 1279 times)

Offline bmfer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who travels "light".....
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »
Just bow n' arrows, binocs, pocket knife, small bottle of scent elim, and my treestand. The hill I hunt could be called a cliff!! Of course I park at the bottom. The walk up stinks, but draggin' down is a breeze!!!
Bret M. FullER

Offline 808nate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 08:53:00 PM »
i go light, just a small pack with my camelbak for water, flahlight, knife, and usually some jerky. but thats it.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »
I tend to carry way more than I really would have to, but I don't mind.  The property I hunt is not that large, and carrying a small pack not difficult.  I load the pack to cover just about anything I might want throughout the season, and then I don't need to worry about having what I want that particular day.  It's all just small stuff though.  Things like a drag rope, pair of rubber gloves, notebook and pen, predator call, lens cleaner, extra tab, extra bow rope and bow holder, knife, toilet paper, folding saw, etc.  I don't use everything on every trip, but I always have what I might need, and it doesn't take much to carry.  
Depending on the weather, I might stuff in an extra vest or maybe rain gear.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Desertman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 10:23:00 PM »
I'm with Whip. As the saying goes,
 "It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it". In my job ( park ranger) I run into people all the time who "just went for a short hike" ended up beyond that and wished they had brought,water,energy bars,first aid,etc. etc.
  A small pack with a few essentials is essential! If carefully selected we are talking less than 5 lbs! not much of a burden when thirsty, hungry, cut etc.

Offline benderofwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2007, 10:24:00 PM »
I carry all that I need and a few things that I don't; but sure feels good to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it!!!; so I guess that I will continue to carry "heavy"   :archer:
Hunt hard waste no meat

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©