3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What is a Seneca Run?  (Read 210 times)

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
What is a Seneca Run?
« on: April 03, 2009, 11:26:00 AM »
I see that the Iowa Traditional Bowhunters Society is having a Seneca Run at its Rendezvous at the end of May.  

What is a Seneca Run?  What are the rules, etc?

http://www.iowatbs.com/home
Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Offline JGoemaat

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What is a Seneca Run?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 12:29:00 PM »
It's a combination of shooting skills and a timed event. You run to a station (arrows must be in the quiver) and take your best shot, then you run to the next station and shoot. In all I think there were five targets. Then you run back. Your score is a combination of what you shoot and how fast you can do it.
The older guys usually make better shots, but the young bucks who can really run fast can still win it if they have on their running shoes.
Its a fun event. You run so fast its hard to conertrate on the last shot with breathing heavy and all.
The IATBS is an amazing event with lots of fun shoots. My wife and I look forward to it every year. My advice is to try everything once, thats why its fun. If you loose an arrow they make more everyday.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 01:02:00 PM »
A SENECA RUN is aolt of FUN !!!!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 01:03:00 PM »
Thanks Justin. Sounds like a lot of fun.  I'll have to get my cross country running son to practice up his shooting before the rendezvous!  And I'll have to get a little more serious about my jogging!
Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©