3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear Razorheads  (Read 360 times)

Offline Mo. Huntin

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear Razorheads
« on: April 03, 2009, 09:20:00 PM »
Guys I am getting tired of the glue on stuff.  My inserts and heads coming off adapters and such.  I am looking at maybe getting some of the Bear Razorheads.  I like the tip design and that they are machined and not glued on. I have an old one that is blue and without the bleader blade it ways 132 grains. I guess I hoped maybe you guys could let me know what the 125 and especially the 145 weigh without the bleaders.  I figure these have to be good they killed everything from deer to elephants.  You guys that use them please give me an opinion on them.

Offline Tree man

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Razorheads
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 04:33:00 AM »
Mo. The screw in Razorheads are not bad heads.....but they are considerably more fragile than most glue ons. If you are having problems with your glue not holding try degreasing the heads thoroughly. Boil 'em in dish detergent/water, rinse and dry or swab them out well with alcohol on Q-tips.

Offline tomyhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 05:38:00 AM »
Also if you are looking for a terrific screw on try Magnus stingers.
None better anywhere.
Tomyhawk
---------------
Black Widow MAII
Marriah Chinook
Groves Spitfire
Hickory self bow {ferrett style}

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 08:54:00 AM »
Don't use the "Arts and Crafts" type hot melt glue.. Won't work..
Get a good hot melt for broadheads like Ferrule-tite, and there are others.
I have never stresses on cleaning them, but if I did, I would spray them and the insert with "Brake Cleaner" from the auto store. Quick and leaves them absolutely dry, clean and void of any residue.. Heck even acetone,leaves a residue behind, Solvents leave oil etc.

the thing I don't like about machined ferrules, is if they don't spin, I can't fixum.. One glued on with hot melt can always be adjusted.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline D.Sheppard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 10:29:00 AM »
Bear bleeders weigh about 6 gr. Not enough weight to effect your arrows.
"We're just a bunch of part time amateur hunters giving chase to full time professional animals."

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 10:45:00 AM »
I just weighed mine and they average 7 grains...actually a gnats eyelash under 7.

Most glue on heads (new ones) need to be cleaned in the ferrule...alcohol will do.  Another thing is not to use too much hot melt.  Use juse enought to coat the sides of the taper thinly.
Then, twist the broadhead on while heating it for good alignment.  I use the old glue on models and they don't come loose.

Offline Schultzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 11:06:00 AM »
Are these the new or old style bear BH's?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©