3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Musk ox down  (Read 4405 times)

Online AMB

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Musk ox down
« Reply #160 on: April 12, 2009, 01:23:00 AM »
Great story and storytelling.  You need to change your handle to 'iceman' or 'cool hand luke' though!

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #161 on: April 12, 2009, 01:57:00 AM »
Right on Bryce, thanks for the details.

Your on your last leg of this journey back to the one's you love.

All I can say is thanks for taking us with you.

Offline wasapt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #162 on: April 12, 2009, 03:40:00 AM »
Yes, the ring seal is food but mainly for the dogs. the inuit say that eating the iron rich seal meat causes you to stay warm better than eating fish, and whale and raven.
bryce olson

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #163 on: April 12, 2009, 10:17:00 AM »
Just 2cents. . . if you wanted, you could edit the pics for color etc.  I also think that some of them in Black/white could be quite impressive.  Ask tradgang member Jerry Gowins (I am sure there are others too).  

Again- congrats on an amazing experience.

Dan in KS
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline Toklat1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2009, 07:03:00 PM »
This whole thread is just amazing. Super story and thanks for taking us all along.  :thumbsup:
Mark Griffin
USAF Retired
1981-2001

"When a Man comes to the mountains, He comes home." John Muir

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JSimon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2009, 09:53:00 PM »
What an amazing adventure of a lifetime! Congrats!

Offline Texas Tinman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #166 on: April 12, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »
Awesome!

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2009, 10:14:00 PM »
What an amazing story. Its a cryin shame you can't bring such an ultimate trophy back into the US. It got me wondering about a couple things.

One of the big points the global warming alarmists keep throwing out is that it is allegedly resulting in the demise of polar bear populations?  Sure doesnt look like any shortage of ice up there to me.

While you were on this hunt, what did the Inuits have to say about the population of the bears?

The animal rights idiots have obviously placed enough political pressure (money) on the politcians to again bloc k importation of these trophies back into the US.

What does it  take to put an end to this kind of mindless decision? And worse, what's next? All bears?

Thank you for sharing such an incredible story and adventure. Please post a slideshow of more of your pics when you get home and settled back in .

I'm sure Fred Bear is smiling.....
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #168 on: April 13, 2009, 08:02:00 AM »
Congrats on a nice bear and musk ox! And thanks for sharing your story.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #169 on: April 13, 2009, 09:55:00 AM »
I read about the Musk OX and thought I would see another story for the bear later. Well, after seeing how far the thread was going, I thought I better look again. WOW DUDE!!!!  That is an insane story. Experience of a life time. Congrats!!!!    WOW  WOW  WOW!!!!!!!!
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline TRAD JOE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #170 on: April 13, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »
What a great post! I couldn´t stop reading. Congratulations on both hunts and thanks for sharing with such vivid detail. The picture was the icing on the cake.

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #171 on: April 13, 2009, 01:15:00 PM »
ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!! Congratulations and thanks for taking us along!  :thumbsup:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline T. Downing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #172 on: April 13, 2009, 02:25:00 PM »
Wow, what an awesome hunt. Had me on the edge of my seat. Lucky nobody got killed, especially with the jammed firearm. While I was reading, I could picture the whole scene. Unbelievable. Congrats! What a hunt!   :notworthy:
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
Psalm 127 4-5

Offline Mo. Huntin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #173 on: April 13, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »
I think this is the third story where the gun is jammed or not functioning while on a bear hunt.  Tim Wells shot a grizzly in the head dropped it and found out later the back up rifle was jammed.  I can't remember what the deal with Chuck Adams back up rifle was other than I know that is was very small caliber maybe a 243.  Did I read that right a jammed 22-250 holy cow.  Good for you.  I know you did not want to have to use the back up but that small caliber had to be in the back of your mind.

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #174 on: April 13, 2009, 05:43:00 PM »
One of the best write ups ever THANKS

Offline bowtough

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2009, 06:01:00 PM »
You gotta have some big ones dude! Way cool!!!!!!!!!!!!  :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :goldtooth:

Offline Bryan Burkhardt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #176 on: April 13, 2009, 06:09:00 PM »
Way to go!  Gotta love those back-up guns  :)
You can increase your wealth by counting your blessings

Offline Ark.Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2009, 06:17:00 PM »
Great story!  You make all of us trad bowhunters proud.  Buck

Offline John Havard

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #178 on: April 13, 2009, 06:19:00 PM »
Bryce,
Congratulations on a wonderful and successful hunt.  

A 9'2" polar bear is a HONKER of a bear!  Very, very well done. I hope you can bring him back into the US some day.

John

Offline wallflower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #179 on: April 13, 2009, 07:13:00 PM »
that is a truly amazing story, and glad you made it home safe & sound. congratulations on an amazing hunt!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©