3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: gotta love them kids  (Read 306 times)

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
gotta love them kids
« on: April 06, 2009, 09:13:00 PM »
this evening myself and Bobby G. met with the county 4-H to let the kids shoot some bows. these kids ranged in ages from 1st grade thru middle school with the majority being girls. some of them had never as much as held a bow before. we were at our club (TBSWV) and the weather was at most, TERRIBLE. mid-low 30's with wind and blowing snow and even though these kids were freezing, they did really well . when all was said and done....IT WAS FUN. I was shocked at how fast most of them caught on. if ya'll don't have little/young ones at home and ever get the chance to shoot with one or three....don't pass it up. it will be VERY rewarding. I'm betting several of these young'uns will be at our next club shoot and with ATAR 2009 getting close....watch out dinosaurs.

best afield
Danny

Offline Chuck Hoopes

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: gotta love them kids
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 09:48:00 PM »
Way to go Man!  These kinds of things count for a lot more than we often suspect.  It does take a Village.  Keep it up,--- its just going to get even better for you and the kids.

Offline bgram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 11:24:00 PM »
We ran them all through once, and I think everyone one of them came back through to shoot at least 3 times, some we squeezed back in for a fourth time they were loving it so much.  They were cold and shivering but still wanted to shoot!  I had alot of fun with them, it was nice to see them light up to just hit the bag target, and by the end we had even the smallest ones hitting the bag and getting some arrows to stick in.  That made their day, and mine even more.

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 06:12:00 AM »
I am coaching our 4H and ASP kids locally, having a ball. We have one young lady, 10, who at 10 yards with a Genesis barebow can out shoot the teenagers,15&16, with compounds and sights! Her name is Grace, we nicknamed her Amazing grace, pink bow,pink fletches, pink shirt, shoes, I told her it was the Pink Mojo goin on! When we bragged on her she just smiles and keeps stacking them. Last session we had 4 new kids, never shot a bow in their life, and by the time practice was over all 4 were doing pretty well, one kid was doing outstanding. He would listen to suggestions, and would correct himself when getting tired, and he was just learning about form. Last relay he put all five in the center ring and was stoked!
samuel koger

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 07:10:00 AM »
Kids can shoot!
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 09:38:00 AM »
I'm hoping we'll get another chance to shoot with the 4-H group again when the weather is more to their liking. I miss my own kids being that age and shooting with 'ol dad in the backyard. I'm hoping they'll get their interest back someday but trying to find their own little nitch in life is sorta a priority right now. Our club (TBSWV) also helped sponser the archery in the schools program in a couple local county schools here. Maybe if more folks and clubs alike pulled together to spend time with local kids it'll get them interested in things other than what they see on TV or hear about on the streets, after all, they are the future.

best afield
Danny

www.TBSWV.com

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©