3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Headed to Ray Hammonds  (Read 3563 times)

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
Headed to Ray Hammonds
« on: April 08, 2009, 01:08:00 PM »
I'm home getting stuff ready for a weekend at Rays place chasin hogs and turkeys.  I've only killed one wild hog and 5 warthogs which are different. I've never killed a turkey.  All in all, I don't know crap about either species.....but I do know something about having fun! Leaving in the AM.  Can't wait!

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Headed to Ray Hammonds
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 01:14:00 PM »
31 years old, broke and getting broker!  Fiance says the days of spending all of my pittiful paychecks on hunting are coming to an end! We'll see about that! HA!

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 01:27:00 PM »
Thats the sprit. Showing her who's the boss while your out shooting hogs and turkey and she sits at home on the couch eating Bon Bons.

I wish you Good Luck at the hunt my friend. I envy you for going.
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Offline Red Boar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 01:28:00 PM »
Best of luck to you!   We are going in July. Post lots of pics upon your return.
Treadway "Black Swamp"
Super Shrew
'62 Kodiak Magnum

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 01:31:00 PM »
You'll have a great time at Ray's, Jon.  Just get your fiance hunting.  That way you'll both be spending your money on the same thing.

Offline Friends call me Pac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 01:32:00 PM »
Originally posted by jonsimoneau:
31 years old, broke and getting broker!  Fiance says the days of spending all of my pittiful paychecks on hunting are coming to an end! We'll see about that! HA!
Before I married my first wife I told her she knew I liked to hunt and fish long before I met her and if she didn't like it she would still know I liked to hunt and fish long after she was gone.  

My next and last wife understands there are far worse things I could be doing.  She even gave hunting a try but it wasn't her cup of tea but she doesn't try to stop me from going.  Going 16 years strong now.
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 01:32:00 PM »
Have a good time Jon and make sure to take plenty of pictures you can share with us when you get back!!!  :thumbsup:
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 01:37:00 PM »
Guys, I'm just poking fun.  My fiance is totally understanding.  She comes from a big hunting family and she goes deer hunting with me.  I just bought her a new bow last winter! She's cool, but we like to rib each other now and then! She likes to remind me of how "most girls are" and how lucky I am.  I could not agree more!

Offline overbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 01:48:00 PM »
She have a sister?

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »
Im  headed down in january..save a piggy for me..
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 02:22:00 PM »
Jon I was over last weekend "scouting" for you guys. Didn't loose an arrow cause I knew you were coming and din't want blood and broken arrows all over the woods.
Ray has honed in on the turkeys. Stay late and you'll see 'em. I'd try to hang in there till 11am or so. Wait until you hear the gobbles ringing thru the old SC swamps!!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »
Good luck to ya!

You'll find the meaning of "broke" when you have kids   :thumbsup:

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 02:55:00 PM »
Good luck Jon
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »
Good luck Jon!  You hunting the turkeys with a bow also?  i hope the mosquitos aren't as bad over there as they are here!  It is supposed to warm back up by the weekend.
   :)
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 03:22:00 PM »
Biggie, you're not just a mentor, but a true pal.  And I've never even met you in person!  It must have been hard for you to keep your arrows in your quiver, but I thank you, and I'm sure the hogs do too!  Like I said, I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to either species so I'm going to get your phone number from Ray.  That way I can call and send text messages every 5 minutes or so for advice! HA!  What time do you go to bed anyway?

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 03:23:00 PM »
rastaman, yea trying 'em out the turkeys with the bow.  I got enough 100% deet bug killer to choke a horse, so hopefully, I can fend them off!

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 03:27:00 PM »
Overbo, sent you a PM!

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 03:27:00 PM »
Jon,

T H E R M A C E L L

No deet allowed in camp.

Any Wal-dash- Mart carries them and the butane cylinder and bug repellent strip refills.

Questions? Call me.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 03:35:00 PM »
Hey Ray, I picked up a thermacell.  I'll leave the deet at home.  Is it bad stuff?

Online GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2009, 03:39:00 PM »
HEY JONSIMONEAU,
LOTS OF PICS, PLEASE. I'M HEADED DOWN THERE IN SEPT. WITH THE SURTEES AND THE WILSONS! CAN'T WAIT.
HAVE A GREAT TIME!
JED
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©