3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Silvertip  (Read 1255 times)

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
New Silvertip
« on: April 08, 2009, 06:16:00 PM »
After much anticipation, I recieved my new Silvertip recurve Monday morning. I have spent 3 days shooting it, and to say I'm happy with the bow would be an understatement.

The bow is 58" long, 55#'s @28". The riser is Rosewood Dymondwood, with a Chechem Flare, Hawaiian Curly Koa limb veneers, with a Koa overlay on front of the riser. FF compatable, medium checkered grip.
The grip on it is great with just the right amount of palm swell. Dave is a lefty also, and  that only aids in getting the grip just right. I've seen a few right handed bowyers get a lefty grip pretty close, but having a left handed bow built by a lefty bowyer is hard to beat.

I need a little help posting pics, so my buddy Mike Walker will come to my rescue on that shortly.

The bow looks great in the pics, but they in no way give the bow the justice it deserves.

I had a pretty good idea on what I wanted, but Beth and Dave both played a huge hand in picking and matching the woods.
Beth and Dave are the best, and they are more than willing to go the extra mile insuring that you get exactly what you want and what you're paying for.

Billy

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Silvertip
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 06:25:00 PM »
Dave can shoot both right and left handed , does that mean he ... you know swings both ways?? LOL, Congrats you just got yourself an awesome Bow!       :thumbsup:

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 06:28:00 PM »
Congrats on the new Tip. Dave and Beth are some of the finest to deal with.
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 06:31:00 PM »
Pics, Pics,Pics !

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 06:31:00 PM »
Sergio....I refuse to jump into that one since I shoot both left and right handed....I'll leave that swinging part up to you and Dave to decide EXACTLY what that means....LOL, although I prefer shooting lefty....you just can't go wrong having a bow built by a man that shoots the same way you do.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 06:38:00 PM »
I'm itching to see those pics Billy!!! Glad you like it. I still may have to "fine tune" my order a bit after seeing your's.

Oh Mike.......  :bigsmyl:

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 06:38:00 PM »
I agree Billy , and Beth an Dave are the best, tell Mike to hurry with the pics LOL. If he's asleep at the computer i will post them for you. Hear that Mike. Hee Hee.

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 06:40:00 PM »
They make a real nice product

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 06:41:00 PM »
OOPS ! Spoke too soon! WOOWW !That is one gorgeous Bow , who picked out the woods???

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 06:42:00 PM »
Billy , Im so happy for ya...Mark
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 06:49:00 PM »
Sergio....I picked out the Koa limb veneers, and the Rosewood riser, Dave and Beth chose the Chechem flare. Dave had originally wanted to use Golden Wenge for the flare, then he decided it was too plain and didn't have enough grain detail..... The Chechem in the flare really matches the Koa great.....I think he did an excellent job.

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »
Thanks for posting the pics Mike....you did that just in the nick of time....the natives were getting restless  (:

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 06:55:00 PM »
Welcome to the Tip club. That is a very fine specimen indeed. I've shot a few of the top notch recurves and the Silvertip is definitely one of the top few if not the nicest one I've ever laid my paws on.

What arrows have you settled on? Mine is 50 lbs @28" and loves the 3 rivers Traditional Only 500's.

Enjoy
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 06:55:00 PM »
Wow! I love that curved accent stripe! Happy days to you!
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 07:02:00 PM »
You are definately not making my wait any easier with those pics!!!

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 07:05:00 PM »
Tom. Dave recommended an elevated rest, so he set it up with a Bear Weatherest. This is the 1st bow I've shot with a rest, and I wasn't too sure about it, but decided to give it a try. I have shot 2016's, Vapor 3000's and 4000's, and 60-65 tapered POC....every arrow has shot great out of the bow, so I'm quickly becoming a believer in the elevated rest. I'm probably going to shoot the POC arrows more than anything else, but so far I haven't found an arrow that It doesn't like....the least finicky bow I've ever shot....not sure yet if It's the bow itself, the elevated rest, or a combination of the two....all I know is....I LIKES IT.

Billy

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 07:08:00 PM »
LOL....hang in there Allan....the wait is agonizing, but definitely worth it.

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 07:13:00 PM »
Oh....one other thing....I intentionally didn't show the off side of the riser for fear of exciting another Tradganger....I guess you might say the bow was personalized....kinda, in a way...not the normal hand written name you see on most bows....I had this name burned into the wood.....I'm not giving the name, so he'll just have to figure that out for himself....LOL

Offline Jack Whitmire Jr

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2009, 08:15:00 PM »
Billy I thought it would be hard to find a better looking Schafer than what I bought off you, BUTTTT you have done it  :)

As far as arrows goes , I have never saw a bow that will shoot a varity of spines like these schafers will. I know it is because they are cut past center.

Grips are what makes a bow IMO and these  checkered grips are the best, period!

Congrats on a beauty of a bow!

Jack
Tolerance is a virtue of a man without any  Morals- unknown author

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©