3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Archery Gods were smiling today  (Read 311 times)

Offline pktm

• Trad Bowhunter
Archery Gods were smiling today
« on: April 09, 2009, 09:13:00 PM »
Friend of mine has tried for years to get me to try FITA style recurve style shooting. So I put some odds and ends together and gave it a whirl.

Let's just say it's not for me. I ripped the sight, stabilizer and clicker off. And shot it bare bow, Ah now that felt better.

Went a step further, put it down and picked up my HH Big Five I bought from CVARCHER. 3 shots, 3 bullseyes. Man that felt good. Sorry Howard I won't stray away again.
Fundamentally the marksman aims at himself

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Archery Gods were smiling today
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 10:46:00 PM »
you ought to shoot with some compound shooters one time . its funny to whatch them use binos then set up thier sites and stuff. it takes them like 2 min to fling one arrow. then to see the surprised look on their faces when you walk up with a stickbow an shoot a 12 ring shoot in less than 5 seconds
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 10:53:00 PM »
That's a great story!! I have 3 Hills and may get another soon if I can find a heavy 72".
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 06:41:00 AM »
The bow, the arrow, and the archer...it`s all you need.

The one who learn how to have the most fun "wins".

Offline SteveB

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 07:51:00 AM »
Originally posted by broketooth:
you ought to shoot with some compound shooters one time . its funny to whatch them use binos then set up thier sites and stuff. it takes them like 2 min to fling one arrow. then to see the surprised look on their faces when you walk up with a stickbow an shoot a 12 ring shoot in less than 5 seconds
And that happens how often?
The top longbow shooters average 9 pts per target - and there are very few of them. And they do it at 1/2 the distance or less.

Have fun with what you shoot - allow others the same consideration.

Steve

Offline gsdmikko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 08:13:00 AM »
I shot with a recurve shooter at the worlds in 94'..he was shooting recurve aided with sights.he was just like a compound shooter though..we had a target @ 12 yrds and out come his bino's and after glassing the target 3 times he moves his pin and shoots..and hits about 10 o'clock in the 10 ring..now me and the next two shooters got up and drilled it DEAD center in the 10.in about 5-7secs a piece..thats pretty much about how the whole coarse went..wait 3-5 minutes ev time the the recurve aided guy then the rest of us would just get up and shoot within seconds..Was a great time though..
Follow Your Dreams
" It's better to die Livin'
  Than live Dyin "

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©