3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Your Screen Name  (Read 14878 times)

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Your Screen Name
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 10:31:00 AM »
Some friends and myself were floating the Rogue River and I was catching all the steelhead...they said I must be "snagging" them. Just stuck.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 10:35:00 AM »
Mine came from my Mom and Dad   :thumbsup:

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 10:36:00 AM »
Well, me and a couple buddies were sitting around the pool one night with beverage's in hand. I had set my cup down, and when I picked it back up to take a drink, a tree frog had crawled up on the lip of my solo cup, and I was eyeball to eyeball and nose to nose with him. Needless to say, him and the cup used some frequent flyer miles... guess it scared the hockey out of both of us.. that's how I got the nickname...

Froggy
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Onehair

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 10:37:00 AM »
I would write Onehair on my top limb for years to remind me to pick...onehair.

Offline shade seeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 10:37:00 AM »
I'm actually a Canadian raised in the West Kootaney's in the Southern interior of B.C. I,m married to an American and currently living in Tucson. I sometimes miss the forrests up there,
hence shade seeker. lol I'm getting real good at finding shady parking spots though!

Rob

Offline BCWV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2009, 10:42:00 AM »
Mine's simple, not much thought involved. I'm Brad Cayton from West By God Virginia.

Offline unclewhit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2009, 10:43:00 AM »
Nick-name growing up was "Whit", my niece was born in 1986, so my friends began calling me "unclewhit".
This thread is going to be very interesting.
unclewhit
Bob lee signature series
Schafer Silvertip
Howard Hill "Tembo"

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2009, 10:44:00 AM »
I have 14 letters in my last name so using the first 5 is easier.

Bisch

Offline pseman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »
Mine is actually from my compound days. I shot a PSE then and PSEMAN was my name on the various internet boards I frequented then. When I switche to trad gear a couple of years ago, I just kept that name because it was to much trouble to have to remember multiple usernames and passwords  :o  

I should probably change it to something else, but I probably won't.LOL
Mark Thornton

It doesn't matter how or what you shoot, as long as you hit your target.

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2009, 10:47:00 AM »
I read an article in one of the archery magazines about southeast indian two fletching and played around with it for awhile. At one time I shot a tournament with an arrow made of dog fennel and with 2 fletches. I was surprized that the shaft survived, and continued to shoot 2fletch for awhile afterwards. Eventually I came to the conclusion that 2 fletch was kinda like halfa$$ 4 fletch and wasn't as forgiving.  The name just kinda stuck.

Offline Toklat1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2009, 10:48:00 AM »
Mine is the name of a specific color phase of an interior grizzly bear in the state of Alaska. A blondish color with dark colored legs and dark circles around the eyes. I actually saw one of these in the wild just once. I had a grizzly tag but the season wasn't open for another week. I was and still am intrigued so I just used that name. The number 1 means absolutely nothing! I used this as a passwor from something once and it was easy for me to remember!
Mark Griffin
USAF Retired
1981-2001

"When a Man comes to the mountains, He comes home." John Muir

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline jefffunff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2009, 10:52:00 AM »
people used to call my Dad Uncle Funff, apparently when I was little I called my self Jeff Funff
NRA Life Member

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2009, 10:56:00 AM »
I was always impressed with Ishi(and other original Americans), and would love to know all he knew...
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2009, 11:02:00 AM »
Oh boy I get asked this all the time! A long time ago  me and my wife Dee were trying to set up an e-mail account for a new provider account. We tried to combine our names (Dennis and Dee) dennisdee, deedennis, dendee, deeden, every way we tried was already taken by some one. So I threw my middle initial in there (A) and we ended up with adeeden! I have used it for screen names every where so I won't forget it when I sign in somewhere!
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline Wiley Coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2009, 11:03:00 AM »
I am about as successful hunting as the cartoon character, Wiley Coyote, chasing the road runner. Bagging game doesn't come easy but I appreciate it when I harvest something!  :help:    :wavey:
Great Northern Bushbow
Super Shrew Delux
Talon Longbow
Chekmate Hunter Recurve

Offline L51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2009, 11:04:00 AM »
Lieutenant with PD, badge no. 51. Lt Dan was already taken on the forum, just as well. If I ever meet the person who wrote the Forrest Gump line "Lt. Dan, you got legs!!" line I'll kick his a$$. I must hear it ten times a day.

Lt. Dan

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2009, 11:07:00 AM »
The story surrounding mine leaves a very bad taste in my mouth after certain events that have transpired since then with the parties involved. So all I will say is on an elk hunting trip I missed the same cow twice, first shot went over her back and the second went under her belly.  

I would change it if given the chance, but cannot, besides everyone knows me by it on several sites, so better left alone.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Missouri Sherpa

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2009, 11:09:00 AM »
I am a faithful Mizzou Tiger.  Living in Iowa that isn't exactly anything to talk about.  I have a couple of elitist Iowa hunting friends that claim Iowa should cede the lower two tiers of Iowa counties to Missouri and it would raise the IQ and average income of both states.  That is supposed to be an insult to someone from Missouri but it is hard to argue around their logic because they may be correct.

I have hauled thousands of pounds of hunting camps and camp gear deep into the mountains and have guided otherwise novices to some great hunting, like a Sherpa guide so my hunting comrades call me the Sherpa. Missouri Sherpa is a backhanded term of endearment while still being respectful of what I do for them.

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2009, 11:11:00 AM »
Gatekeeper comes from the origin of my family surname Porter. A surname may have come from a families location, occupation, or predominate physical feature. In my case it comes from the occupation.

The English, Scottish meaning of Porter is keeper of the gate, gatekeeper or doorkeeper.

I thought Gatekeeper sounded cool!
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline highPlains

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
Mine's simple. It is my favorite of all terrains. I love the smell, the sun rises, and the wind in the open country.
>>---> TC
Rocky Mountain Specialt

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©