3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Your Screen Name  (Read 14919 times)

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Your Screen Name
« Reply #260 on: April 22, 2009, 08:22:00 PM »
I was posting on a professional wannabe Bass Fishing site about 15 years ago using the name "Van" which is my middle name. Someone on the site suggested that we add the 2 letter abbrev of our state to our handle so that other folks would know where we were coming from when we posted our Bass fishing tips, lies, etc.

I started using Van/TX. Shortly after I posted my recipe for fried Bass Fillets and changed my Handle to "Bass Eater" I was booted off the site. Seems that none of the wannabe professional yuppie bass fisherman had ever actually cleaned a bass much less killed or cooked or eaten one.

They thought I was out to exterminate the Bass population of the entire US because I kept an occassional bass to eat ;-)

Anyway, I left the site post haste

I kept the handle "Van/TX"...

Danny, you bring back some memories for sure ;-)...Van
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #261 on: April 22, 2009, 09:09:00 PM »
I had a bet with my fly fishing buddies to come up with the best name for my dog...case of beer to the winner.  Tippet, the end of the fly line attachment to to fly.  Well we all drank the beer and I miss spelled tippit!  Some think it's really the number of beers tipped  :)  

PS: Tippit is now 13 years old.  The two tippits...Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #262 on: April 22, 2009, 10:43:00 PM »
Worked the South Rim of Grand Canyon for 17 years.. When I showed up at the main office I was referred to as the Canyon guy. I also love to hunt large Canyon Country spot and stalk style.
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline DngrsDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #263 on: April 23, 2009, 03:38:00 AM »
OK...but don't tell anyone about this. I gotta a reputation to uphold ya know.

Back in the winter of 1980 I was guarding a cabin in the Rockies. Just me and 40 square miles of wilderness area.
I used to go into town to the library and get books to read, and got to be friends with the librarian.

Now at the time I was pretty shaggy, beard and long hair-I looked like a "mountain man".

So one day I invited the lady to come up and visit with me at the cabin over the weekend, and she accepted.
When she came up she told me that she had told another girl at the library that she was going to be coming up to the cabin with me. She said the response she got from her friend was "With HIM? But he looks so dangerous!" What? ME? I'm a pussycat!
So she, and everybody I knew, started calling me Dangerous Dan the Mountain Man.
If something seems too good to be true it’s best to shoot it, just in case. … Fiona on “Burn Notice”

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #264 on: April 23, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »
I am a Special Agent with Immigration. When Hispanics that are in the country illegally see Immigration coming, they yell "Migra" and run. My name is Bill. hence..

MigraBill

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #265 on: April 23, 2009, 08:02:00 PM »
Mine was a nickname in high school and I Hunt ALOT.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline csdqm2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #266 on: April 23, 2009, 08:30:00 PM »
first 3 are  my intials and the last three were my rate when I created it.
"Allways do sober what you say you'll do drunk... It will teach you to keep your mouth shut."

Offline William Tell Not

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #267 on: April 24, 2009, 03:23:00 AM »
Plum run out of name ideas for Bow forums

and before you ask, She is from a 1966 Martin Venom Bow ad.

Makes me want to buy one too
I shot an arrow into the air......
Still ain't found the bugger

Offline PKB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #268 on: April 24, 2009, 05:34:00 PM »
PKB are my intails, on MWC I am known as UPATREE because I spend over 300hrs a yr in a treestand
MBS Life Member
 MBS VP

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #269 on: April 24, 2009, 06:18:00 PM »
Morningstar is the model of canoe I use. I always liked the name and the predawn piece it represents.  What hunter can't relate to a dark blue cold morning sky with those crisp stars hanging up there.
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Offline LPM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #270 on: April 24, 2009, 08:13:00 PM »
LPM was hung on me during an ELK hunt in Colorado in the mid 1990's.  I was camped with three of my traditional hunting friends. There was a camp a mile or so away made up of some good o'l boys from Arkansas.  One's name was Jimmy.  We called him Arkansas Jimmy.  I tend to become somewhat of a mad man when it comes to Elk hunting.  I leave before daylight and return often after dark.  Back then I covered as much ground as posible, always on foot.  It just happend that I crossed paths with Jimmy a long ways from camp.  He would travel by Quad runner  hunt an area then travel to another mountain for an afternoon hunt.  We parted ways and I felt pretty ambitous that day and decided to hunt Porter mountain about 5 miles north east of where I had met Jimmy.  Yeah you guessed it I bumped into him again on Porter mountain and then again when I was finnished hunting and returning to my camp passing by his camp on a trail.  He had later told my friends that I was the "walkenest" man he ever saw.  Well the guys started making a joke about it and calling me the "Legend of Porter mountain"  LPM.
LPM

Offline anchorman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #271 on: April 24, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »
I came up with mine from two different ideas..I am the anchorman on our bowling teams and when I shoot I have to remind myself to anchorman. I know corny but that's the way it is..

Offline CallMaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #272 on: April 24, 2009, 10:33:00 PM »
Because that's what I do for fun, make turkey calls.
Ed Blankinship

Physically Challenged Bowhunters of America
                     http://www.pcba-inc.org/

Offline wolfamongdogs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #273 on: April 25, 2009, 02:36:00 AM »
My Grandfather gave it to me...used it all my life
~Wolf & Badger Trading Co.~

'We still make all our bows, arrows  and jewelry one at a time !'

Offline jojotater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #274 on: April 25, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »
My two sons came in from playing one day and gathered up a handfull of potatoes from the kitchen.

"Where do y'all think y'all are going with those?" I said. I knew the answer would be very interesting. It was.

My youngest son said, "The knew boy down the street has a whole sack of potatoes, and when we walk by, he whops us with them."

"Yeah," my oldest son said, "and we are fixin to give Mr. Jo Jo Tater a taste of his own medicine. Hey, let's use sweet potatoes; they're bigger."

That was 15 years ago, and I still laugh about it. Oh, I didn't let them take the sweet potatoes; I like em too much. However, my wife didn't miss a few red spuds.

"Jo Jo Tater." I liked that.  :goldtooth:

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #275 on: April 25, 2009, 09:05:00 PM »
Actually my Bubba's nick "Nakohe" also means Bear in other indian languages. Fits him as well as he is a bear of a man.

Mine is just my name. Been thinking on changing it to "Yannashchito" my Choctaw name but seems kinda long, sides, everyone knows me as Danny.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline GANDGOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #276 on: April 28, 2009, 11:00:00 PM »
Well, MY name is DAN OWEN WILLIAMS..ie DANO. But you would be very suprised how many DANO'S are out there. So ..Since I'm  pretty savvy about golf clubs > I took the name GANDGOLF !!!  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
3 pc. Morrison Shawnee 60" 51#
3 pc. Shafer Silvertip 62" 48#
1 pc. Sandy Biles Super Xt 47#
3 pc. A&H ACS 62" 48#
3 pc. Das Dalaa 60" 48#

For GOD so Loved the world. He GAVE His Only Son...John 3:16.

Offline Piper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #277 on: April 29, 2009, 09:12:00 AM »
I used to play the pipes.
My two cents worth

Gary

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #278 on: April 29, 2009, 09:29:00 AM »
when I was first registering I was having some trouble finding a name when in comes my wife.  she looked me square in the eyes and ask

"are you feeling ok because you look a little pale"!    :saywhat:    

"Sure honey I feel just fine now that you gave me my screen name."    :pray:    

she said "Huh?" and walked out of the room and paleFace it was.
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #279 on: April 29, 2009, 11:26:00 AM »
Wary Buck.  Felt it kind of described my normal mode of operation.  I'm pretty wary of many things:  any newfangled 'trend' at work (education), ANY politician, most of the women in my life, etc.

When I got remarried, I got a note from Steve Hohensee who just said, "Not Wary enough."
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©