3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Your Screen Name  (Read 14906 times)

Offline Tree Killer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Your Screen Name
« Reply #280 on: April 29, 2009, 02:52:00 PM »
I cut timber for living. One time an Earth Firster shoved a video camera in my face and asked how it felt to be an environmental criminal, and the guys I was working with began calling me a "tree killer". So about 10 years ago when began looking at hunting websites, Tree Killer was a little unique and it stuck.

TK
"stickbows, putting the arch back in archery"

Offline Timberghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #281 on: April 29, 2009, 05:17:00 PM »
One early bow season I was trying a little "still hunting" and crossed the main dirt road in and out of the property I was hunting on.  Directly, my good friend,  mentor,  and avid rifle hunter came driving up the trail from the power line where he had been sighting in his rifle for the upcoming general firearms season which would open in a couple of weeks.

I thought he saw me and I made what I thought was a show of getting out of the road and out of his way.  But as he got closer and started driving by I quickly realized that he had not seen me. I was up against some small trees and I had my head net on.

His window was down and as he got close to me I yelled, "HEY! PHILIP!"...  After I stopped laughing and after he got his pulse back under control he said something to the effect of, "Man, you just came out of that timber like a ghost!  Scared the hell out of me!"

Some years later I needed a handle for my "alter-ego" character in the XBOX game HALO.
"Timberghost" just came to mind.
The toughest thing I've found about deer hunting is getting them to hold still long enough for me to stick an orange spot on them and then step off the yardage...

Offline awishanew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #282 on: April 29, 2009, 05:54:00 PM »
I was talking with a partner while on a hunting trip. He told my he read that a place in USA it was madantory to have a frearm in the house. I asked where. He answered (I wish I knew). I'm hard of hearing and I heard (Awishanew) and asked what state that was in. The name stuck.

Offline dragon rider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #283 on: April 29, 2009, 10:52:00 PM »
When my daughters were kids we watched a Bugs Bunny/Yosemite Sam cartoon in which Bugs has to go retrieve a sword from The Black Knight (Sam) who rides a fire breathing dragon.  The dragon goes well, but doesn't stop nearly as well, so Sam is always screaming "Whoa Dragon."  Whoa Dragon became our shorthand phrase for any situation that was out of control.  

Fast forward a bunch of years and my older daughter had her son, my first grandson, using "Whoa Dragon" when things were getting out of control.  So, I went out and got a "WOA DRGN" license plate for my truck (PA only allows 7 letters so it was the best I could do) and became a "dragon rider."  My avatar is only slightly goofier than Sam's dragon.

On an only marginally related subject, JDog, Killdeer is right.  You'll never have another JDog but the rules do allow more than one really good dog. Of the 8 dogs I've had in my lifetime, 5 have been (and fortunately for me three still are) great.  They've all been different, but all great.
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons; people are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline M Venator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #284 on: April 29, 2009, 11:46:00 PM »
My name is Mike Vigueria, but most people call me "Vig".  No surprise, most people also call my brothers "Vig"...so my younger, Joe, took that screen name.  Venator is Latin for "hunter".  Since my initials are MV it made it easy and natural for me to sign off as "MV" for M. Venator.  What's the M...memories, of course.  Memory Hunter - M Venator.

Clear as mud?  :banghead:    :)  

-MV
It don't get no better than this...

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #285 on: April 30, 2009, 06:06:00 PM »
I like to flyfish....I like it olot.  

If anybody has ever chased the sulpher hatch on the Hiawassee river or the green drake hatch on slick rock creek, then you know what I mean.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline One eye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #286 on: April 30, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »
I lost my left eye in a bowhunting accident back in 1983.  Therefore, I only have "one eye".
Dan
“IMVHO, the cast is not in the wood it is cradled in the arms of the bowyer.” – George Tsoukalas

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #287 on: April 30, 2009, 08:15:00 PM »
Well....for many years I have had an email address that began with countrygirl....because that is what I am.... just a country girl at heart.  So most places I sign up as countrygirl.
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #288 on: April 30, 2009, 08:20:00 PM »
Bowhunting accident   :confused:   need to hear this if you don`t mind
Bull

Offline hairytreerat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #289 on: May 03, 2009, 08:03:00 AM »
I like hunting squirrels,..(if I'm not hunting deer or turkey... :)

Offline One eye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #290 on: May 03, 2009, 10:19:00 AM »
Originally posted by Hattrick:
Bowhunting accident      :confused:      need to hear this if you don`t mind
Another bowhunter mistook me for a deer at dark while hunting on public land and shot me in the head.  The arrow damaged most of the left side of my face and destroyed my left eye.  I never lost consciousness and walked out of the woods with my dad and another hunting partner, who drove me to a local hospital.  It took 2 years and several reconstuctive surgeries to rebuild my face and my eye socket so I could get a prosthetic eye.

I was told that I should not have survived given the trauma and the amount of blood I lost.

I can tell you the whole story with more details if you want, but I don't want to hijack the author's thread.
Dan
“IMVHO, the cast is not in the wood it is cradled in the arms of the bowyer.” – George Tsoukalas

Offline GUYZER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #291 on: May 03, 2009, 02:23:00 PM »
I am french canadian and my first name is Guy.In french Guy is pronounce Gee in english.Since I was educated in english, in school they had a hard time promoundsing my name so my friends decided to call me the next best thing and it was
GEEZER (GUYZER).Since then i am GUYZER THE WOODSMAN!!!!!!

MAY THE SPIRIT OF FRED BEAR GIUDE OUR ARROWS.

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #292 on: May 03, 2009, 11:00:00 PM »
I don't remember where it originated, but I get my screen name from a phrase (acronym of) I've written on each of my bows.....

God Make My Aim True

Offline bihunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #293 on: May 03, 2009, 11:13:00 PM »
I hunt deer on Block Island,here in Rhode Island, so the bi stands for Block Island. I just typed it originally in lower case. So, bihunter(block island hunter)

Offline Moooseran

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #294 on: May 03, 2009, 11:14:00 PM »
Mine was suppose to Mooseran ( nick name + first 3 letters of my last name ). But I hit one to many O and it came out as Moooseran......

Offline Reynold Greenleaf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #295 on: May 04, 2009, 12:11:00 AM »
Reynold Greenleaf was an alias used by Little John in Howard Pyle's version (and perhaps other versions) of Robin Hood.

Offline Weatherby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #296 on: May 17, 2009, 07:18:00 PM »
I hunt with Rifle, Gun, Spear, Arrow, ML, Deadfall, Snare, Revolver and camera. Not strictly a Trad shooter.

Rifle wise I am a user of Weatherby's near exclusive.......so........no one else had this screen name.

Offline Blkbird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #297 on: May 17, 2009, 07:37:00 PM »

Offline bow loving man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #298 on: May 17, 2009, 08:33:00 PM »
pretty easy for me...I love bows...BLM
"...on earth as it is in heaven..."

Offline KPaul

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #299 on: May 17, 2009, 08:39:00 PM »
my first and middle names are Kevin Paul
TGMM Family of the Bow

Men occasionally stumble over the truth,but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©